Wall Jumping could be a problem...?

AFROSRB
317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Didn't play the Alpha, so I don't know how it actually impacts the gameplay. It's obvious though that it makes room for new tactical possibilities, which is good. If anyone experienced several wall jumps scenarios I'd appreciate giving feedback about it.

What I'm curious about is though the scenario when you are hurt quite much and covering behind a wall to gain health again (which happens quite often in BF gameplay) and your opponent jumps on/over the wall then it's easy money for him (I imagine) due to his overview, not like going around the wall and sneak up on carefully if he isn't certain about the conditions. If I remember right there is the possibility to look over the wall as well?

What I'm worried about is that it could be little bit OP. Also I don't know if a player can climb up a wall in any circumstance regarding health? If we look at it from realistic perspective then below 50% health or so he shouldn't be able to jump over the wall, but on the other end if a player could only jump over a wall with certain amount of health it would give the jumping player and additional advantage against the player who is hurt very badly. So how does the balance plays out here is an interesting factor.

Comments

• dA_9_eL_81
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well... According to u´r signature u´r not buying BF1... So why bother at all???
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Well... According to u´r signature u´r not buying BF1... So why bother at all???

Not buying doesn't mean not playing...I got EA Access so there is no need for giving additional 40-60 €, I'll wait anyway till it's in the vault.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How could vaulting over a wall be considered overpowered? If you vault over a wall when someone is actively attacking and pursuing you and you just sit there to try and regain health without being aware that the guy more than likely will try to come kill you - it's for fault for dying.
    -
    You could easily gain the upper hand in that situation by vaulting over said wall and then running to the right or left, turning back to where you vaulted, going prone, and waiting for the guy while simultaneously having the advantage if he decides to vault after you, AND gaining health back.
    If you're taking cover behind a wall and are willingly being ignorant toward your surroundings, you deserve to die whether the guy vaulted over the wall or walked around it.
    -
    I mean seriously - what has this community come to? The point where people think CLIMBING WALLS is unbalanced?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I looking forward to vault battles - where two players from opposing teams continually vault over the same wall trying to get each other. Kinda like the 'tank dance' when you try to de-repair an enemy tank, they jump out, you jump in, then he tries to de-repair you, you jump out, he jumps in and so on etc etc
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I looking forward to vault battles - where two players from opposing teams continually vault over the same wall trying to get each other. Kinda like the 'tank dance' when you try to de-repair an enemy tank, they jump out, you jump in, then he tries to de-repair you, you jump out, he jumps in and so on etc etc

VAULT SUPERIORITY is the term you are looking for, Sir.
  • Turban_Legend80
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    -
    I mean seriously - what has this community come to? The point where people think CLIMBING WALLS is unbalanced?
    Climbing walls is fine. But vaulting walls is more OP than BF3's USAS/frags
  • Turban_Legend80
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

VAULT SUPERIORITY is the term you are looking for, Sir.
    Thank you. What a gent.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The 2ft slide is going to be totally OP as well
  • RosscoSan
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But guys! what if I'm seriously hurt I take cover behind a wall to regain my health but the guy chasing me blows the wall up and I die, isn't that OP!??!!11!!?
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RosscoSan wrote: »
    But guys! what if I'm seriously hurt I take cover behind a wall to regain my health but the guy chasing me blows the wall up and I die, isn't that OP!??!!11!!?

No that's called trolling and a happy ending ,you should not have been behind that wall .
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think it is a good addition to the game.
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I shudder to think how excessive lag is going to impact this feature...
  • AKBear12
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You think jumping wall is a problem ? ha ! closing door is a much bigger problem, I mean can you believe it ? closing door ! Holy Hell this is going to be OP as hell D:
    -
    seriously can you imagine you're following someone in a house THEN HE CLOSE A DOOR ! whoah D:
  • AFROSRB
    AK-Bear-12 wrote: »
    You think jumping wall is a problem ? ha ! closing door is a much bigger problem, I mean can you believe it ? closing door ! Holy Hell this is going to be OP as hell D:
    -
    seriously can you imagine you're following someone in a house THEN HE CLOSE A DOOR ! whoah D:

U ppl don't get it, it's not about the jumping itself, It's clear. And the title is written subjunctively, wiseheimers
  • Turban_Legend80
    AK-Bear-12 wrote: »
    -
    :D
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'ma dynamite through walls instead, because clambering is for the uncouth peasantry
  • TwinSp1re
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    One had it expands avenues of attack and movement (get around a completely locked down killbox), on the other had it reduces strategic defense (ability to defend perimeters etc).

Blowing up walls is similar... except only some classes can do it and it would make a noise or be noticeable after the fact.

Given the pace of the alpha was probably the fastest BF so far the negative effect on defense is marginal if not negligible/non-existent.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TwinSp1re wrote: »
    One had it expands avenues of attack and movement (get around a completely locked down killbox), on the other had it reduces strategic defense (ability to defend perimeters etc).

Blowing up walls is similar... except only some classes can do it and it would make a noise or be noticeable after the fact.

Given the pace of the alpha was probably the fastest BF so far the negative effect on defense is marginal if not negligible/non-existent.
    TwinSp1re wrote: »

Any class can blow up a wall with tank nades.

I heard (in a jackfrags vid iirc) that you can climb up onto doors and then from there can climb onto rooftops. That should lead to some interesting defensive or flag counting spots.
  • Sloth_Cavalry
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Climbing leaves you pretty exposed. Blowing up the obstacle (if possible) will continue being the safer option.
  • ArchangelxN7x
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Your not buying BF1 so why worry about it? lol