In the name on the Tzar RELEASE / wtf dice why

Comments

• PrecisionWing
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For most dlcs, ppl will just play them for couple rounds and jump back to the launch maps, that's how it goes since bf3 for almost 6years.
    Dice la is going to the wrong direction.
  • ChivasUK
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    i can wait til September. No need to rush
  • Appleshampoo19
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is my first Battlefield game. I have enjoyed it very much and still play it to this day. I started back around the end of November/beginning of December. I've been eagerly following news for it ever since. I honestly thought the expansion would come out in June, maybe July. When I heard September, my jaw dropped through my apartment floor into my neighbor's skull. I've always tried to be patient and just play for the love of the game, but I gotta tell ya, that hurt a bit. I love this game so much, but the company isn't helping it. I'm not gonna pretend to know what goes on in the studio or what exactly their reasons are, but jesus, first the separation of community, now extremely late DLC releases.

One guy's reply was about patience. I think we've all been very patient and loyal thus far, but I can't be patient for every player. My squad is losing interest more and more. I mean yeah, it's summer thankfully; that helps for sure, but I will never agree with EA practices and the developer's lack of communication. I truly hope that players will either hang on or come back for the Russian DLC.
  • ExoskeIett
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    As u might notice on my signature i dont care about money - i care about Gameplay and good games and yet i dont see a single difference between BF1, BF3, BF4, SWBF and SWBF2 those games look like copy pasta to me just in different settings, lack of gameplay depth, lack of long term interests just run and gunners, in fact they aint different compared to call of duty anymore - theres nothing special left on these games.

Imagine Overwatch would be like Battlefield or Call of Duty simple to understand and no difficult to master anything, the game would be dead in 3 months max - the market is full of run and gun games that you turn on once u finished working, start it up play 1-2 rounds shut it down - thats all you can do with these games.
    No competition going, twitch basicly is perm. dead cuz nobody wants to see such boring/stagnating gameplay.

Id pay 100€ for good gameplay and another 100€ for premium pass but the game has to be better than this, the DLCs aint worth the full prize of premium pass nor are the single dlcs worth the money, cuz thos are just maps - they wont improve the boring gameplay this game brings on its release version in the full game.

I just took a look on Battlefront 2 several gameplays, to be complete honest i dont see a difference between that and Battlefield 1 right now? I wont be spending more than 50 hours shooting the same gun and doing the exact same every single round - in fact i would only spent that time to look at the graphics not because the game is any good gameplay wise.

Its really a shame the quality of those games, not only are they mostly doomed by technical issues, no the gameplay its non existent press W + hold Mouse 1 thats battlefield or battlefront - the only difference are the settings, now u might get why im asking, whyd ppl would buy DLCs for those games when you get a complete different setting for the same prize of premium pass.

Like i really have to ask have you guys ever played early 2000s games? Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Splinter Cell, Max Payne, Metal Gear, Warcraft 3 etc... ? Those games have exactly 1 thing together: They are very unique in their gameplay and they are loved for that - now what can u love CoD for? Zombies, Singleplayer Campaign... Battlefield? 64 Players is like possible in every single other game.
  • trip1ex
    5102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only part of it that will annoy me is if I see Premium for $20 or $30 by September when only 1 xpac has dropped.
  • egga1990
    73 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im still waiting for all the major bugs and laggy servers to be fixed
  • GrizzGolf
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    smizdeazy wrote: »
    In before everyone gets salty at your post, pointing out the new night maps, and weapon varients we received. But, I agree with you, it's too long to wait to release the next dlc

Yeah i know it's gonna be a saltfest but ok. It took me less than a month to unlock the 4 variants wich was not fun, it was tedious grinding with 4 very bad weapons.
    The 2 free maps look cool and all but they are gonna be left to rot pretty fast like Giant's shadow. I try to speak on the behalf of everyone who got premium and got shafted until september. The game lacks content already. June, july and august without any major stuff is gonna be very very bad. I like the game but i'm running out of stuff to do very fast as i play this game very often.

Shadow sucked
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I do wonder what type of voices some of the posters in this thread have whispering false nothing.

The things you are saying is crazy talk. If you thought the second dlc would be out earlier then you have been fooling yourself. We've been guessing the release date for two night maps and Tsar dlc spot on. The 3rd and 4th dlc is coming sooner than expected though.
  • disposalist
    8764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I played BF4 for years, so DLC spread out is no bother at all for me. Also "lack of content"? Nope. I've played hundreds of hours and I've unlocked everything and the game is great. It doesn't *need* new stuff to be an excellent game. People feel so entitled these days...
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I guess nobody remembers how long or how much work went into the BF4 community map.

There is far more detail in these maps than BF4 maps, and they have to be play tested before release.

What do you want a beautiful oil painting or a crayon picture by a five year old. :p
  • Xiox312
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    If you're bored of playing what you have in the game right now, just play something else while you wait for the DLC. We'll get all the DLC when it's ready. They spent a few years working on the main game, granted that also included the main setting, mechanics, campaign, etc. but now this DLC comes with 6 maps, new character models, sounds, guns, effects, voice, and new vehicles, which all needed to be made specifically for this DLC, which takes time. Development takes time, working out bugs, glitches and balancing for each map takes time, building new game modes takes time. I'm sure they've been working on it for a while, but it's also quite a lot to handle. So just let them use the time that they need.
  • bearpatroI
    590 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 is my first Battlefield game. I have enjoyed it very much and still play it to this day. I started back around the end of November/beginning of December. I've been eagerly following news for it ever since. I honestly thought the expansion would come out in June, maybe July. When I heard September, my jaw dropped through my apartment floor into my neighbor's skull. I've always tried to be patient and just play for the love of the game, but I gotta tell ya, that hurt a bit. I love this game so much, but the company isn't helping it. I'm not gonna pretend to know what goes on in the studio or what exactly their reasons are, but jesus, first the separation of community, now extremely late DLC releases.

I have been playing almost every week since this game launched. The game itself is fun but needs a lot more content - maps (most importantly), new weapons, new vehicle types, etc. Also this game needs a real anti-cheat program, which they have been promising since last November. So I doubt it will ever come. I had a core of 5 friends that I would play with since last year. They all left this game already. I think it is time for me to do the same. While the game can be fun, the lack of support from this company ensured that this will be my first and last game I buy from them.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I played BF4 for years, so DLC spread out is no bother at all for me. Also "lack of content"? Nope. I've played hundreds of hours and I've unlocked everything and the game is great. It doesn't *need* new stuff to be an excellent game. People feel so entitled these days...

Can't speak for OP, but I too have played 1000+ hrs across 2accounts, excellent game being marred by poor decision making & implementation, leading to excess repetition, whether I like it or not.
    More maps in the DLC rotation would help, unless of course we end up with "Russian" servers, "TSNP" servers etc etc. It isn't an entitlement issue to point out premature staleness could be causing a drop in player numbers, notwithstanding we all paid well in advance !
    I do wonder what type of voices some of the posters in this thread have whispering false nothing.

I got a big deep voice dude, & only ever whisper when I am about to Sawtooth someone from behind !
  • SFSeventh
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    smizdeazy wrote: »
    In before everyone gets salty at your post, pointing out the new night maps, and weapon varients we received. But, I agree with you, it's too long to wait to release the next dlc

Yeah i know it's gonna be a saltfest but ok. It took me less than a month to unlock the 4 variants wich was not fun, it was tedious grinding with 4 very bad weapons.
    The 2 free maps look cool and all but they are gonna be left to rot pretty fast like Giant's shadow. I try to speak on the behalf of everyone who got premium and got shafted until september. The game lacks content already. June, july and august without any major stuff is gonna be very very bad. I like the game but i'm running out of stuff to do very fast as i play this game very often.

Shadow sucked

Yeah it was a total fail
  • SFSeventh
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Despite everything said here most of us can agree on the fact that this dlc is gonna be late to the party.
    All weapons unlocked, vanilla maps are getting tiresome, suez still not fixed, finding an operation in the French dlc is about as easy as finding a needle in a haystack and if you have the pleasure of playing CQ on the French dlc you will prob. never see verdun heights as everyone just plays Rupture and Vaux all the time since the votemap has been added.
    Sorry but everyone who says there is loads of content i cannot agree with you.
    BF4 had so much dlc content in June 2014 that is surpassed the whole BF1 experience to this point.
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    That looks great . Shadow of Mordor is £3.99 on a popular key site .BARGAIN !!! Shadow of War has been delayed as well , it was due July apparently
    September​? Don't worry bro, Shadow of War is almost here xD

• LOLGotYerTags
    13845 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    D5RAT wrote: »
    That looks great . Shadow of Mordor is £3.99 on a popular key site .BARGAIN !!! Shadow of War has been delayed as well , it was due July apparently

I wouldnt trust those "key sites" as far as I could theoretically throw them.
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    D5RAT wrote: »

I wouldnt trust those "key sites" as far as I could theoretically throw them.
    Never had a problem with either of the big ones , I have bought the majority of games from one in particular . Shadow of Mordor is still worth a risk for £2.99 (just checked the price)
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "Seaon Pass" indicates content would be distributed that, well, season, a year. Maybe it should be renamed "Life Cycle Pass".