Customization incoming, what should we expect ? :)

Comments

• AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would really enjoy to custom my soldier even if it has almost no impact in the game, but it would give so much more depth to the game and make it more personnal.

How does something that has no impact provide "so much more depth"? I see so many people say similar things but I just don't understand it. Knowing you can change a face you can't see unless your body drops a certain way after you die provides depth?

Well. I can tell you why... He was more blatant in his last thread that got closed. You can put 2 and 2 together. Lol

Yeah, just saw the one that got closed. I think we can call this guy a racist without getting accused of calling everyone a racist who doesn't agree with us lol. I can't believe he actually said that. Scratch that, I can believe it, it's just sad.
  • boutneus
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ^ yeah don't get it either. I'd rather they fix the damn bugs and glitches, then worry about what the guy that I just killed looked like
  • HardAimedKid
    10233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would really enjoy to custom my soldier even if it has almost no impact in the game, but it would give so much more depth to the game and make it more personnal.

How does something that has no impact provide "so much more depth"? I see so many people say similar things but I just don't understand it. Knowing you can change a face you can't see unless your body drops a certain way after you die provides depth?

Well. I can tell you why... He was more blatant in his last thread that got closed. You can put 2 and 2 together. Lol

Yeah, just saw the one that got closed. I think we can call this guy a racist without getting accused of calling everyone a racist who doesn't agree with us lol. I can't believe he actually said that. Scratch that, I can believe it, it's just sad.

Agreed.
  • magosnow
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kespich wrote: »
    magosnow wrote: »
    Didn't the guy in the video say specialization and not customization?
    I think it has nothing to do with custom characters ,but more like little not game breaking skills that you can apply to a class after a certain amount of experience.

i am pretty sure it will be pretty close bf4 field upgrades.

for example:
    offense spec could sprint faster, had more ammo, more grenades
    shadow spec did unspot faster, was uneffected by motion sensors

all i want is Anti-Air spec for the support class. that would be awesome

Exactly. I was thinking about bf3 where a good squad could have added and reduced suppression ,faster sprint etc.
    I wouldn't like more nades though.anyway i play mostly solo so i would hardly see any benefits with randoms :D
  • Gforce81
    2255 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    TamKingski wrote: »
    Im sure i heard a dev say on one of the e3 vids that we are going to be able to give classes our own flair to fit how we play,but he cant go into detail untill a later date.
    Im guessing he could mean maybe all kit type weapons or perhaps they will be adding in a perk system that gives a small boost like in previous titles.

I'm still praying they'll make sidearms all class.

If they'd just do this..

Bodeo with everything. EVERYTHING
  • Dogwoggle11
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't think they said anything about customization though. Maybe OP was mistaken with Battlefront 2.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some in game customization has been announced at E3 EA play.

No more informations have been given to my knowledge.

So, what would this customization imply ?

Visual customization ? Like changing helmets, face, etc.. and so multiple models for one class of each army.

Or more like abilities customization probably, and what kind of ? Good old characteristics like in some mobas (Increasing healthpoints, speed, accuracy, melee damage, ...)

Ideally it should be little advantages compensated by little inconvenients to each bonus to keep it balanced.

Like wear one more grenade but loose 10% speed.

Or the ability to deny ONE headshot per live if you wear a helmet (you then loose it) but you loose some firepower. (Good deal for support class in a suppressive role)

Or some "lifesteal" on melee attacks to go berzerk, but you wear less ammunition.

Any ideas ? I hope it will be such a dynamic of inconvenient/advantage deal to make much more personnal customizations but yeah it would impact the game deeper. Maybe we can get customization slots with warbounds and there would be different "levels" of customization (With stronger and stronger negative-positive effects)

No on increasing health points, speed, accuracy, or melee damage.
  • Dinamythe2512
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I was not clear on that I have to admit.

I see two kind of changes possible:

-Little stats improvments (that do not add to depth and don't affect much gameplay)
    -A coupled positive-negative effect, much greater because balanced by a negative effect. Has much more impact on the gameplay but if well tuned it stays balanced (and does not just give more power to more long time users who already benefits from their experience)? In this case we would have a deeper gameplay, with strategic choices.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I was not clear on that I have to admit.

I see two kind of changes possible:

-Little stats improvments (that do not add to depth and don't affect much gameplay)
    -A coupled positive-negative effect, much greater because balanced by a negative effect. Has much more impact on the gameplay but if well tuned it stays balanced (and does not just give more power to more long time users who already benefits from their experience)? In this case we would have a deeper gameplay, with strategic choices.

Just no with the little stat improvements.
  • Dinamythe2512
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's, as a matter of fact, not the most interesting option I agree
  • boutneus
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds like COD perks, pls no
  • UNIT0918
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Battlefield 1 could always go the Hardline route and have a filter where you can toggle visual customizations on or off. They could go a step above that and let there be a filter to remove Black, African, and females to increase the "realism" for those who want it.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    UNIT0918 wrote: »
    Battlefield 1 could always go the Hardline route and have a filter where you can toggle visual customizations on or off. They could go a step above that and let there be a filter to remove Black, African, and females to increase the "realism" for those who want it.

Really dumb comment. Removing them would make it less realistic. May want to brush up on that WW1 history.
  • full951
    1268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like options. Please as much customizaton ad possible
  • kronixtoast
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    can't wait.
    pickletickles.jpg

What it actually would be.b9a3c2727c153c2624e14974ab2fefcd.jpg

Something like adding trench coats for German, ottoman, and Austria - Hungary soldier models.
  • BaconRebellion
    1787 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    UNIT0918 wrote: »

I'll leave this here.

• LOLGotYerTags
    6203 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    It's too late to add customization, lads.

Um, No it isn't.

As long as we have the CTE, There will always be the option for DICE to roadtest various things, Including an in-depth customisation system.

That is what the CTE is for, After all.
  • kronixtoast
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's too late to add customization, lads.

Um, No it isn't.

As long as we have the CTE, There will always be the option for DICE to roadtest various things, Including an in-depth customisation system.

That is what the CTE is for, After all.

Right
  • AlotOfThunder
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What it actually would be.b9a3c2727c153c2624e14974ab2fefcd.jpg

Something like adding trench coats for German, ottoman, and Austria - Hungary soldier models.

how did you find that? is that a glitch?