New content releases are taking entirely to long.

BRANCH_OF_SIN15
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 18
You have all these people dropping money on this game Dailey and we can only get new packs every half year???

Can someone explain to me how it's so hard to make these new maps especially with the day pocket that rhe game developers already have?

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    5558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ask them not us. And you're getting the same exact amount of content, whether they release it all tomorrow, or in two years. If they release it all by the end of the year, you'll be complain for the next two years about waiting for the next game. Because that's when it will be released, if not longer. So relax son. Keep your manties on.
  • Thumper2671
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You have just have really bad patience.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh it's **THIS** thread again.
    I think something like "Get some patience" should be stickied on top of the forums just to help these people.
  • EmothicVH
    730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Research on how game development and policies in the Video Game industry works to get a much better understanding of how things like this work. By the time you are done the new patch will be out.
  • bran1986
    2842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Please educate yourself in how the game industry actually works.

The maps in battlefield especially on the Frostbite engine don't just get map overnight with it perfect and ready for release

You seemed to wait since May for launch in October fine no?

Quality over quantity. Rather they make it to perfection then rush it out to satisfiy impatient kiddos for 5 minutes before they get bored again and start another tantrum.

Here is the clacker; we are getting TWO extra maps added to TSNP and TWO more getting added to Russian Dlc.

Let's compare that to Siege shell we?

Siege two year old game: free maps (four per year)
    2017 - only one map released so far for the year
    - second map was meant to launch May and was pushed back to no body knows when.
    - Third map has totally been scrapped
    - Fourth map is still going ahead for some reason

The reason? Damage control. Siege is in such a horrible state two years down the line that Goobisoft has to scrap a map entirely, push another back indefinitely so they can fix the game.

~

Please do tell me how Dice is the worst and how they don't care about the community and never released content.

Sad thing is this isn't even all that uncommon when it comes to "free content" games. I can't wait for people to meltdown when they see what "free content" they get with Battlefront 2.
  • Duece09
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Please educate yourself in how the game industry actually works.

The maps in battlefield especially on the Frostbite engine don't just get map overnight with it perfect and ready for release

You seemed to wait since May for launch in October fine no?

Quality over quantity. Rather they make it to perfection then rush it out to satisfiy impatient kiddos for 5 minutes before they get bored again and start another tantrum.

Here is the clacker; we are getting TWO extra maps added to TSNP and TWO more getting added to Russian Dlc.

Let's compare that to Siege shell we?

Siege two year old game: free maps (four per year)
    2017 - only one map released so far for the year
    - second map was meant to launch May and was pushed back to no body knows when.
    - Third map has totally been scrapped
    - Fourth map is still going ahead for some reason

The reason? Damage control. Siege is in such a horrible state two years down the line that Goobisoft has to scrap a map entirely, push another back indefinitely so they can fix the game.

~

Please do tell me how Dice is the worst and how they don't care about the community and never released content.

While I agree with you it takes a long time to create content for games spare us the "oh you should know how everything works before you post" BS. My opinion there's a simple reason why they delayed everything until September. Battlefield 1's numbers are starting to dwindle and not as many players playing this game as before. They see A ton of games coming out in September October time frame. Their worry is that if they release the content in July come September October time frame nobody will be playing this game anymore because they will move on to he newes best thing. So they delay everything until September and October to hopefully stop the mass exodus from happening with all of these new games coming out. They are jus trying to keep ahold of the player that they DO have.

Of course I could be wrong and hey just simply won't be done with all the content by the time July hits. But it just seems a little coincidental that they wait a mere month before release of the content to tell us it's been delayed. And they make that statement on the eve of the biggest games convention in the world where all of these games coming out in September October time frame or announced or showed. Just seems a little coincidental but who knows
  • mattmanuk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield 1is a great game. So you have to wait a few months for DLC.have you played infinite
  • MarxistDictator
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 18
    No, no one wants to.

This thread is aids. The reason people are upset is because they waited until a month before to suddenly delay it. They've not altered with the premium calender before.

And with the recent update of lies, where two of their flagship update notes don't even work and in fact crash your game (playing operations through another round) or aren't even there (40p quickmatch and they shall not pass Operations quickmatch still isn't a thing) how is giving them more time going to fix this track record?

They've let this freezing stuff go on for almost a month, why is it on us to give them the benefit of the doubt.

You get faith when you put out, never should have strayed from that notion. It's not on us to bring people back to this game that's losing players NOW, but here they are trying to home in on September instead of providing us the content we signed up for when we signed up for it. Subject to change, yep subject to shady practices and shafting consumers that's the EA DICE M/O.

Good thing they split that night DLC into two seperate drops too.
  • crabman169
    10199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    >Mfw
    >In the Name of the Tsar never had a release date before
    >how can it be delayed if it never had a confirmed release date before
    >it's getting addition content which was not advertised before
    >see Rainbow Six Siege
  • MarxistDictator
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah because July isn't a date it's a time frame. Just because they didn't have a date doesn't make that not changing the conditions of the premium agreement, which they are more than welcome to do as they wrote it in to cover their butts but it's obviously very shady and will lead to a lot of distrust from their customers going forward.

I think the fact that there needs to be damage control over this is proof that it's not what the fans wanted.
  • GoofyMC123
    903 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have to be honest, i don't remember reading a time-frame for DLC drops when i bought premium, could someone please link me to where it gave the dates please? :)
  • crabman169
    10199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah because July isn't a date it's a time frame. Just because they didn't have a date doesn't make that not changing the conditions of the premium agreement, which they are more than welcome to do as they wrote it in to cover their butts but it's obviously very shady and will lead to a lot of distrust from their customers going forward.

I think the fact that there needs to be damage control over this is proof that it's not what the fans wanted.

Never saw anything about July time frame; if anything it was late August.

Well you better also complain about the extra content too; that wasn't part of the 'premium agreement'

Hey at least we are getting the dlc content plus more *cough Siege cough*

What damage control?

~

You think about it, it's summer on the northern hemisphere. Most people go on holidays. Maybe encourage the kiddos to go outside and find out there is a world out there outside their bedroom.

Turning Tides is set for December which will be three months after the Russian Dlc; nah fam they just withold content aye
  • laidNpaid131
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Move on or stop complaining. This is not a legitimate complaint.