Weekly BF

Whats your age limit on gaming ? Im 38

Comments

• DonutSarge
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    agreed, I just hate loosing !
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    I'm 33 and I destroy teenagers all day. Trust me teenagers may have fast reflexes but theyre dumber than a turkey in a rainstorm.

The thing with teenagers and people in their low twenties is indeed there lack off thinking things trough :-)

• ro7hbard
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    I am 32. Been playing FPS for 20 years. I only realy play BF4, i try a few other games but have not spent that much time on them.

I would rather play a PC game like BF4 than aimlessly watch TV. I can't think of anything more boring than watching TV.

I think I am above average. I got like rank 400 out of 80000 on one conquest server and rank 106 out of 60000 on another TDM server. But I am not a serious gamer, I am also a bit of alcoholic so drink like every day after work and play :)
  • onkruid26
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ro7hbard wrote: »
    I am 32. Been playing FPS for 20 years. I only realy play BF4, i try a few other games but have not spent that much time on them.

I would rather play a PC game like BF4 than aimlessly watch TV. I can't think of anything more boring than watching TV.

I think I am above average. I got like rank 400 out of 80000 on one conquest server and rank 106 out of 60000 on another TDM server. But I am not a serious gamer, I am also a bit of alcoholic so drink like every day after work and play :)

Ahh the good life :-)
  • ro7hbard
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    ro7hbard wrote: »

Ahh the good life :-)

Can't complain.

I stopped watching TV when I was 16, I still watch films and tv series from torrents but never sit there flicking channels, I don't even plug in the sat cable. Waste of time. I'd rather sit on youtube and watch some lectures or some podcasts than antique roadshow or some other BS.

Spend few hours a night playing BF4, never gets old. I also play all the weapons. Here is my profile on bf4, http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/ro7hbard/stats/793093875/pc/

Funny, I will probably be playing till old age. This is quite unique for our generation and the ones that came after because my parents never grew up with it, to my generation its just the same as watching TV.

Main reason I don't want a girl friend to move in is because ill probably have to start watching **** TV and not game so much.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    I think I have a problem. Sorry fact about my 1400 + hours (15,000) cap flags is that I am a terrible shooter. Not sure if at my age my reflex is not like a teenager. But no matter score or achievements I just have to online bf gm. I still ask people what guns to use because I am a terrible shooter; although some look at my rank and every blue moon someone asks me for advice. I switch classes and guns for fun. Not serious enough to compete , just love to play ! love it so much gt xx Algiers xx xbox 1

I just love to play video games as well. I don't really care about my stats or that of others (much to their chagrin).
    -
    Since I'm not a professional gamer, I'm not concerned about my slowdown in reflexes and the like. Fortunately, my financial livelihood isn't predicated on how well (or poorly) that I play video games.
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm 46 and I've never been into the vehicles that much but I do enjoy playing infantry and I like playing more aggressive than casual .
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the whole stigma of older gamers is not going to last much longer. It's a product of previous generations. I'm 29, been gaming since I can remember, and don't plan to stop anytime soon as there is always something bright and new on the horizon, like Battlefield 1.

Gaming today has grown to a billion dollar industry and is infinitely more widespread than its early days. I think people gaming into their 40s and even 50s will be a normal thing when I hit that age.

You're just a pioneer m8 !!!!
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been gaming for many years ... started on the "Sega Mega Drive" then bought my first PC game.. "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon" which was probably about 17 years ago and I've been PC gaming ever since.. I'm 55 years old and hope to be gaming for many more years to come.. I consider myself to be a very average gamer but that doesn't certainly hamper the fun Factor..
  • Reesestix85
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    The one guy in our clan is approaching 60. He is the best though, pays to rent the server and is the first to revive, spawn with ammo, or repair in heli's.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I started gaming on Atari. Must've been in 1990. From there went on to Sega Mega Drive, then PC in 1996. Long period of no gaming from 2000-2010 . Bought an Xbox 360 in 2010 and a ps4 last year.
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    I think I have a problem. Sorry fact about my 1400 + hours (15,000) cap flags is that I am a terrible shooter. Not sure if at my age my reflex is not like a teenager. But no matter score or achievements I just have to online bf gm. I still ask people what guns to use because I am a terrible shooter; although some look at my rank and every blue moon someone asks me for advice. I switch classes and guns for fun. Not serious enough to compete , just love to play ! love it so much gt xx Algiers xx xbox 1

I'm 49 but shhhh, don't tell anyone!
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    I started gaming on Atari. Must've been in 1990. From there went on to Sega Mega Drive, then PC in 1996. Long period of no gaming from 2000-2010 . Bought an Xbox 360 in 2010 and a ps4 last year.

I started gaming on a Commadore64 and we also had an Intelevision.
    Post edited by BluntObjctOfHate on
  • Unit974
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    never to old...i believe there is even battlefield in heaven
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I think the whole stigma of older gamers is not going to last much longer. It's a product of previous generations. I'm 29, been gaming since I can remember, and don't plan to stop anytime soon as there is always something bright and new on the horizon, like Battlefield 1.

Gaming today has grown to a billion dollar industry and is infinitely more widespread than its early days. I think people gaming into their 40s and even 50s will be a normal thing when I hit that age.

You're just a pioneer m8 !!!!

What stigma of older gamers? As someone who hasn't even hit your 30s yet, you have no idea what you're talking about when you say there's a "stigma of older gamers".
  • JubDubTV
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    43 here, average at best tbh. All my clan mates are better then me. Do I care? Not really, I do my best at the role I play. And have fun going negative lol.....Key word FUN...

Do I plan on stopping to play? Who knows...
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am 56....My kids and I play on my account, but it is mostly me playing. My reaction time is horrid compared to the younger crowd, but I use tactics to overcome my shortcomings. My K/D is not fantastic, but I am constantly attacking objectives and my score reflects that.
  • HST-MuTTer
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Grewed up with Pong,Atari 2600,Atari ST/C64,Amiga 500, and then many different Intel setups.Im bound to gaming since i was born in 1970.I guess with 66 i will be still gaming as the mate shown in the video.There is no real Age limit for gaming except competetive gaming.I for my own expirience would say for competetiv gaming max age is between 26 and 30.

May the Force be with you.
  • decimation420x
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Console gaming may not be the future
  • Lordmang4

VEHhT2d.gif
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

VEHhT2d.gif
    really the way prices are lowering, the current PC:Console player ratio could last a long time, with PC parts dropping prices, and consoles gaining processing power. Technology only goes forwards (except for the iPhone 7).