Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Map Vote System, Why?

Comments

• TOOGOODS1984
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They really should have made it as more of a skip map option. So you still have two choices but they would be the next two maps in rotation. So after Sinai you can either vote for Giants Shadow or St Quentin Scar.

Or just remove the map after playing until every map comes threw, but I agree.

I'm really starting to hate ballroom, Sinai, giants shadow A lot........

Hopefully dice can find another way to implement this better.
  • Teh_Next
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SvenEcc wrote: »
    19lee78 wrote: »
    Even worse in the dlc, played the same map 3 times in 5 games earlier. Absolute joke.

They should remove it from TSNP

Ditto.
  • DavTan
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Hopefully dice can find another way to implement this better.

Yeah, just get rid of it
    .... like a large amount of people want.... unlike the small minority that wanted it.

Map vote was a badly thought through idea forced on a playerbase that didn't really want or need it
  • Jedi76
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 19
    Although Ballroom was never a favourite of mine, I would happily play it in rotation.

Now I am sick to absolute death of that bloody map!

That and Empire's Edge (with the occasional Argonne or Amiens) are all I seem to get lately.

With the exception of FAO Fortress (which is just bad) I like pretty much all the maps, now I hardly get to play half of them.
  • TOOGOODS1984
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »
    Although Ballroom was never a favourite of mine, I would happily play it in rotation.

Now I am sick to absolute death of that bloody map!

That and Empire's Edge (with the occasional Argonne or Amiens) are all I seem to get lately.

With the exception of FAO Fortress (which is just bad) I like pretty much all the maps, now I hardly get to play half of them.

Ya I know what you mean, its quite frustrating... I find myself leaving more not then staying in servers basically. In reality I seem to join servers that love the same 3 maps, and I usually hop off.

Maps like Amiens/Argonne Barely come up for me LOL. Sounds strange, but monta grappa/suez is rare for me LOL.
  • disposalist
    5013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 19
    Ok, so everyone has favourite maps and some they hate. Well, I don't, because I actually enjoy variety for its own sake and allowing this 'choice' is actually removing variety.

The point is, a map vote sounds like a good idea but isn't. Usually only half to two-thirds of people vote, so you have one-third to half of people who don't care what the next map is.

Votes are usually close, so you have half to one-third of people playing a map they didn't want.

Votes can lead to maps being played way more than a random choice (or the old rotation) would have seen. Some maps hardly get played at all. Not because they are bad or unpopular on average, just because the current selection of people in your server favour some and not others.

Also the voting system means the *only* way to play a map of you choice is to join a game already started. You can *never* now be sure of playing a map of your choice from the beginning.

So, we have a system that sees one-third of players playing a map they didn't want, one-third of players not getting the variety they want and no one able to choose the map they really want to play.

The old rotation system basically already had a map vote system. You left and joined one that was already in the map you wanted or had that map next.
  • regnar82
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Prior to map voting I would pick a map prior to the one I would want to play, then stick with the game for as many rounds as I could stand, even playing the maps I hated, with the map voting now, I’m constantly seeing the same maps come up, tend to find my self quitting, and then trying to join a server that's not at the end of a round, spending more time trying to join a server than playing.
  • VolatileShifty
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Puckerbucket
    the problem is, when map voting came up, we had a bunch of people running around saying "we've made Battlefield great again" and "get over it snowflake." With total disregard for the FACT that you used to be able to join a server in the point of rotation you wanted, and have an enjoyable evening. It was already great. Just pick a server on the map in the rotation before you want to be, and go....
    But I guess those people don't understand how to use a server browser, so we get what we have here.

Totally agree. Honestly the people "Ruining" this game are the die hard fanboys who blindly defend Dice on every move they've made thus far that has slowly started this franchises downward spiral in the toilet.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Very simple process. If there are 10 maps in the rotation, you'll play all 10 maps before recycling.
    If they implemented this then why do a map vote at all? To simply change the order in which the maps are played in? I thought the whole point of a map vote was so that people could play the maps they wanted, more often. If anything they should just add more options to the current method, say three or four maps to choose from instead of two.
  • APBT
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah get rid of it and never bring it back.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Very simple process. If there are 10 maps in the rotation, you'll play all 10 maps before recycling.
    If they implemented this then why do a map vote at all? To simply change the order in which the maps are played in? I thought the whole point of a map vote was so that people could play the maps they wanted, more often. If anything they should just add more options to the current method, say three or four maps to choose from instead of two.

More options (3-4) would be better. But the purpose is to offer "Out of X, Y, Z, which do you prefer?".
  • GTA_Kid386
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing the following.......

1. Sinai Desert
    2. Giants Shadow
    3. Monta Grappa
    4. Sinai Desert
    5. Ballroom Blitz
    6. Sinai Desert
    7. Giants Shadow
    8. Ballroom Blitz
    9. Sinai Desert
    10. Rinse and Repeat.........

I usually never complain, but... This is just annoying as F.....

I'm finding myself leaving almost every server because for some reason, people want to play the same maps that i just listed above....

What's even worse is. It doesn't even show some maps like Argonne, Amiens, and the rest in the make-up sometimes when its giving you two-options.....

I know this may of been a topic at some point, but dam this is quite frustrating to play these 4 maps constantly.............

Anyone else experiencing this same bs?

Join a different server, play the DLC maps, and use quickmatch. I usually get some map variety. What platform do you play on?
  • TOOGOODS1984
    GTA_Kid386 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing the following.......

1. Sinai Desert
    2. Giants Shadow
    3. Monta Grappa
    4. Sinai Desert
    5. Ballroom Blitz
    6. Sinai Desert
    7. Giants Shadow
    8. Ballroom Blitz
    9. Sinai Desert
    10. Rinse and Repeat.........

I usually never complain, but... This is just annoying as F.....

I'm finding myself leaving almost every server because for some reason, people want to play the same maps that i just listed above....

What's even worse is. It doesn't even show some maps like Argonne, Amiens, and the rest in the make-up sometimes when its giving you two-options.....

I know this may of been a topic at some point, but dam this is quite frustrating to play these 4 maps constantly.............

Anyone else experiencing this same bs?

Join a different server, play the DLC maps, and use quickmatch. I usually get some map variety. What platform do you play on?

Well I play on the Xbox 1, and I do actually play different servers, I have about 10 west servers favorited ,because west servers seem to be scarce lately.....

Also I find it super annoying that I'm leaving servers so much more frequently then ever... It takes me about 4-5 quits to find a good server, that is willing to play all the maps rather then the same 3 or 4.

Lastly The TSNP servers are just awful.. why bother put a voting system with 4 maps(including Nivelle)

just an opinion that's my two cents.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People use quickmatch? I've owned every BF game to date, never used it a single time.
  • Gforce81
    1963 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I must be THE only guy on the forums who actually likes the map voting

Out of everything they've changed, I'm surprised map voting has gotten such a backlash

Not throwing rocks at anyone, I'm just honestly surprised. I don't share the same grizz for it at ALL
  • wy69gfszdki9
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Could be cool just vote "the order" of the next map rotation but without skipping any map in the rotation. I think we must have all the maps to play, not some of them
  • huricanechuck
    897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    something I've noticed ,or at least it seems , the maps that are sniper friendly seem to get the most votes. but I guess it depends on what kind of players are in the que. there are times I can't seem to get away from Argonne,monte grappa. because that seems to be more assault friendly.
  • DavTan
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People use quickmatch? I've owned every BF game to date, never used it a single time.

I also never used quick match previously but now since the map vote that's all I use.... as there is no point in the server browser now.
    They have taken my personal choice of what maps I want to play based on my time restraints and given it to a bunch of faceless players.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Obviously if rented servers were not screwed from the start this map voting would not be a problem. Good to see Nivelle bring custom servers back to the top of the server browser list last night.
  • wy69gfszdki9
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still hating the map vote system. I really want they remove it, I want to play all maps, not just a few... :(