Universal weapons for all classes????

mattmaclock
13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Is it possible for DICE to add some primary weapons, which can be used by every single class just like BF4??

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I once suggested to make the Pilot weapons to be all-class, since they are practically never used. But I doubt that could happen.
  • BaconRebellion
    1787 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I once suggested to make the Pilot weapons to be all-class, since they are practically never used. But I doubt that could happen.

I'd actually be fine with that. I'd love to actually be able to use them for once. Hate having to abandon my tank to use them.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All classes? No thanks. Sidearms are a different story but not primary. I do think pilots, tankers and cavalry should have some better options but last thing we need is every class running the automatico or hellriegel.
  • crabman169
    10199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    C96 carbine
    P08 arty carbine
    Pieper carbine (for cavalry)
    M1911 extended
    MLE 1903 extended

~
    Frommer stop auto and sawn off shotgun need to stay as pilot/tanker weapons (barring Tank hunter obviously)

~

We don't need all class weapons; I only mention the above as they are rarely used and I quite enjoy using them but hate wasting a tank/plane/even trying to get the damn things
  • Dogwoggle11
    The Pilot weapons are never used, it kind of feels like DICE made the effort to design them only to see them go to waste. Adding them for all classes (except the sawn off and the frommer auto, like crabman said) would add variety and also make them more relevant.
    Win-Win.
  • kbj1972
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A shotgun for the medics would have been great.
  • 0SiGHT0
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Glad this isn't a "feature" in this game, ruins the class balance.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if we forced the issue, we'd probably end up with a Remington model 12 pump action 22.
  • bran1986
    2842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hopefully not
  • Vic_R0cks
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like how it was in bc2, bf3, bf4. It was fun messing around with setups and gadgets. Like being recon with a shotgun/smg/carbine. Bf1 is too limited in everything
  • disposalist
    5133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    All class weapons are pretty much the opposite of how BF1 class balance and interdependence works, I believe.

I'm sure it could be done, but I'm not sure why or whether it should.

So, to the OP the answer is "yes, I'm sure it is, but why would/should they?".
  • ElliotLH
    1330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No thanks. The last thing we need is for the guys with 100 stars on the 10-A dropping health for themselves.
  • kbj1972
    259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    No thanks. The last thing we need is for the guys with 100 stars on the 10-A dropping health for themselves.

Well I'm not a 10A fan my self. But I still wouldn't mind having some kind of shotgun available to the medics. But I can imagine the problems this could end with.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF4 is still available, go play that, this doesn't need to be same.
  • FightingSioux8
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you used the tanker/pilot guns over guns in any class that would make you the biggest dumb#### in the world. I wholly encourage DICE to do it for the easy kills.
  • Dogwoggle11
    If you used the tanker/pilot guns over guns in any class that would make you the biggest dumb#### in the world. I wholly encourage DICE to do it for the easy kills.

Well, I bet people can beat you even with the P08. Pilot weapons would do it to.
  • MarxistDictator
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just let me use the Pieper and No. 3 as cavalry. Since that's who they were designed for.
  • ElliotLH
    1330 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    kbj1972 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Well I'm not a 10A fan my self. But I still wouldn't mind having some kind of shotgun available to the medics. But I can imagine the problems this could end with.

That's pretty much my thinking - the majority would be fine but some people would abuse it for easy kills.
  • crabman169
    10199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The guns can hold their own pretty well; so well that two should stay as pilot/tanker weapons only
  • Bossman1794
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    God no, I absolutely hated this so much about BF4. It was one of the worst features in that game, Hardline had it too and it was just as annoying.

Classes should play like their classes. No Scouts running around with SMG's, no Assaults running around with rifles.