Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Major Hit Detection Issues

Duece09
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So, of late I've been having very bad hit detection problems. Let me start of by saying I understand there are always issues with games. There is always going to be lag, either on client side or server side. However, lately, the hit detection has been just down right terrible. There have been so many situations where I am obviously aimed right at center mass and hit them but no hit markers or anything. I even save the video clips sometimes and go back and watch. The video clearly shows my crosshairs right on their chest....and nothing. So bad to the point of when I snipe someone with a scout rifle I can literally see their bodies flinch that they got shot. Sometimes, I can even see the blood splatter after my bullet hits them. But no hit markers at all. Not only is there an issue with Scout rifles (although it seems to be much worse with these) there are also issues with all other weapons from autimatico's to Houts.

Anyone else having more problems then normal? Did they change their servers or something? I'm still using the same internet I've ALWAYS used (whcih is VERY good). I've always had issues with this game and other online games here and there. But lately it is insane how bad it is.

Comments

• KingTolapsium
    5052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What's your latency?
  • Duece09
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My ping is been only around 50 at the most on east or west servers. And the thing is, it's not only me having this issue. I can only speak for myself and the people I play with but we all are having the same problem. At first I thought it was just me, but then it just kept on happening and some other people I play with started saying the same thing.
  • HuwJarz
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Want to post some video?
  • dcs500
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same for me after the latest patch, takes 30 rounds to kill anything, missing hit detection, insta killed constantly and generally hating every f***ing minute. After the May patch BF1 was the best it's ever been for me, after the latest patch it's now it's worse that ever.
    I don't have the best internet and I have to accept a certain amount of bad latency, but it's a bit of a coincidence everything changes post patch.
  • hlysprt8
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've noticed it as well but not in every game. It can be frustrating when you know that you hit them and nothing happens. It makes me lose all confidence in my accuracy and then I try to adjust but that just makes it worse.
  • Lunati01
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is basically my dau to day gaming experience. You would think otherwise with 35 ping...
  • dannyB0i87
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I see 2 possibilities - server rejecting your hits due to too high ping ect which would explain blood splatter but no hit markers.
    At when you might be aiming perfectly
    dcs500 wrote: »
    Same for me after the latest patch, takes 30 rounds to kill anything, missing hit detection, insta killed constantly and generally hating every f***ing minute. After the May patch BF1 was the best it's ever been for me, after the latest patch it's now it's worse that ever.
    I don't have the best internet and I have to accept a certain amount of bad latency, but it's a bit of a coincidence everything changes post patch.

Pretty much same here - except my ping rarely gets beyond 25.
    At first I suspected dice messed around with bullet divination but clearly that's not it
    Really wish dice grew some balls and left netcode like it was before may patcj...
  • MurfCr
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have had that issue as well. However I get NO detection. I have clearly hit center mass and got nothing. Bullets pass right through other player. I checked my ping and was sitting at 23.
  • LeonReed123
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Had the same issue myself since last update. Hits just not registering usually the first shot and then following shots register. I play in my region and usually have the lowest latency out of all the players and never get any of the warning symbols. Theres also other threads on the net talking about the issue so its not just a few people here and there. I personally think Dice have tried to even the playing field for people with poor internet connection and people with decent setups are being shafted.
  • dcs500
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Had the same issue myself since last update. Hits just not registering usually the first shot and then following shots register. I play in my region and usually have the lowest latency out of all the players and never get any of the warning symbols. Theres also other threads on the net talking about the issue so its not just a few people here and there. I personally think Dice have tried to even the playing field for people with poor internet connection and people with decent setups are being shafted.

I've got a poor internet connection, 3mb/s max, and I'm being shafted to.
  • KingTolapsium
    5052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Connection quality is about latency and stability. 3mb/s should be able to carry the bf1 game packets just fine.
  • OG-N2rock
    1216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 20

Connection quality is about latency and stability. 3mb/s should be able to carry the bf1 game packets just fine.

Exactly. Unless you have someone else in the house on Facebook, Instagram, or Netflix. In which case you're hosed.
  • KingTolapsium
    OG-N2rock wrote: »

Exactly. Unless you have someone else in the house on Facebook, Instagram, or Netflix. I which case you're hosed.

This is true. Lol
  • digga11
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same old thing really. Got low ping 8 ms since the latest patch in TDM low 20s in bigger match modes every thing is fine wired up ported up even got a new high end router installed last week due to another issue not related to bf1.
    I game on pc as well as PS4 pro so it's all port forwarded,static ip, jitter tested 75 foot from the fibre optics street cabinet ect no issues with any other game. A poster on a different thread has put a theory across that I agree with that low pingers are now getting the smelly end of the stick on the merry go round. Maybe they have figured the medium ping players are the majority and have optimised the game for them or they just can't balance it right. Went fubar in the may update for me really. Im that keen i even delete the game after every update and reinstall it just to eliminate every possibility. Rebuilt data base took out my Ssd and put in a sshd. Ran some pretty long internet tests on my pc no issues.
    There are too many people reporting the same issues for there not to be a ongoing problem.