This Week in Battlefield V

Whats your age limit on gaming ? Im 38

Comments

  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    PC gaming will always be around but I think it's amusing that some think console gaming may not be the future.
  • xxSTAINSxx
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    when i was a kid we had 5 t.v. stations and at midnight they went off air.
    mid 50's here.i been playing as long as the games been around.my stats suck but i dont care,i have fun.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    I think the whole stigma of older gamers is not going to last much longer. It's a product of previous generations. I'm 29, been gaming since I can remember, and don't plan to stop anytime soon as there is always something bright and new on the horizon, like Battlefield 1.

    Gaming today has grown to a billion dollar industry and is infinitely more widespread than its early days. I think people gaming into their 40s and even 50s will be a normal thing when I hit that age.

    You're just a pioneer m8 !!!!

    What stigma of older gamers? As someone who hasn't even hit your 30s yet, you have no idea what you're talking about when you say there's a "stigma of older gamers".

    Are you just going to follow me around the forums and make yourself look dumb?

    The fact that this thread exists is evidence that there is a bit of a stigma against older gamers. Like you've never heard anyone in life, tv, movies, etc say "aren't you too old to be playing games."

    Conversely, you never hear someone say aren't you too old to be a football fan, for example.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    I think the whole stigma of older gamers is not going to last much longer. It's a product of previous generations. I'm 29, been gaming since I can remember, and don't plan to stop anytime soon as there is always something bright and new on the horizon, like Battlefield 1.

    Gaming today has grown to a billion dollar industry and is infinitely more widespread than its early days. I think people gaming into their 40s and even 50s will be a normal thing when I hit that age.

    You're just a pioneer m8 !!!!

    What stigma of older gamers? As someone who hasn't even hit your 30s yet, you have no idea what you're talking about when you say there's a "stigma of older gamers".

    Are you just going to follow me around the forums and make yourself look dumb?

    The fact that this thread exists is evidence that there is a bit of a stigma against older gamers. Like you've never heard anyone in life, tv, movies, etc say "aren't you too old to be playing games."

    Conversely, you never hear someone say aren't you too old to be a football fan, for example.

    Don't feed the troll please
  • BluntObjctOfHate
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My family thinks I've lost my mind cause I game as a hobby instead of fishing hunting or sitting in front of the TV at my age they say it's not normal ,my better half is the only one that supports what I do as far as gaming .
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited July 2016
    My family thinks I've lost my mind cause I game as a hobby instead of fishing hunting or sitting in front of the TV at my age they say it's not normal ,my better half is the only one that supports what I do as far as gaming .

    I think everything should be done in moderation. I game as a hobby, but I also play golf, tennis, hike, attend social fundraising events and galas, etc.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    I think I have a problem. Sorry fact about my 1400 + hours (15,000) cap flags is that I am a terrible shooter. Not sure if at my age my reflex is not like a teenager. But no matter score or achievements I just have to online bf gm. I still ask people what guns to use because I am a terrible shooter; although some look at my rank and every blue moon someone asks me for advice. I switch classes and guns for fun. Not serious enough to compete , just love to play ! love it so much gt xx Algiers xx xbox 1

    I'm 49 but shhhh, don't tell anyone!

    When's the big day mate?
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    funny, I have the most positive kd in tanks, run n gun= way under. in 3 yrs have not found a gun that's beast in each class. every time I spawn I have another class/gun.

    Actually, if you are engineer the CZ-3a1 is the beast of all beasts trust me. You need to get used to it because of the beginning spread and overall recoil, but in close to middle range you do good and in close especially it's the king.

    Regarding age....we all grew up in a time period when gaming was a common thing, so if you ain't got any kind of certain issues that makes you worry about investing/losing time in gaming, like religion, family, social issues or whatever the case, then it won't be easy to give that up lol :smile:

  • SgtRock52
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    Age does not matter in gaming to me.

    Thank you for the emotional support lol. Everytime I log in I am asking am I to old to be on here. You know what most women say, overgrown kid.

    You gotta be kidding me. I'm 64 and play BF. I'd rather play a good game of BF than watch the tube, anyday. Your only as old as you feel. In my mind I'm still 24, hehe...................... only my body reminds me otherwise at times.
    Game on I say! Some will sit in front of TV for hours and watch cars go around in a circle, or someone hitting a ball across a lawn. Enjoy what you enjoy and don't be afraid to let your presence, regardless your age, be known. Truth be known, I'm sure there are a lot of "experienced" people playing. lol
  • DonutSarge
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hey man that's whats up. appreciate it. But im in the crack house asking addicts is cocaine bad for you lmao..... Game on !
    SgtRock52 wrote: »
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    Sno0bs wrote: »
    Age does not matter in gaming to me.

    Thank you for the emotional support lol. Everytime I log in I am asking am I to old to be on here. You know what most women say, overgrown kid.

    You gotta be kidding me. I'm 64 and play BF. I'd rather play a good game of BF than watch the tube, anyday. Your only as old as you feel. In my mind I'm still 24, hehe...................... only my body reminds me otherwise at times.
    Game on I say! Some will sit in front of TV for hours and watch cars go around in a circle, or someone hitting a ball across a lawn. Enjoy what you enjoy and don't be afraid to let your presence, regardless your age, be known. Truth be known, I'm sure there are a lot of "experienced" people playing. lol

  • mintmind32
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    oldest in platoon is 54. a few years ago there was a guy who was 62
  • DonutSarge
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    love your attitude/
    Lipshtz wrote: »
    when i was a kid we had 5 t.v. stations and at midnight they went off air.
    mid 50's here.i been playing as long as the games been around.my stats suck but i dont care,i have fun.

  • Trokey66
    8357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    DonutSarge wrote: »
    I think I have a problem. Sorry fact about my 1400 + hours (15,000) cap flags is that I am a terrible shooter. Not sure if at my age my reflex is not like a teenager. But no matter score or achievements I just have to online bf gm. I still ask people what guns to use because I am a terrible shooter; although some look at my rank and every blue moon someone asks me for advice. I switch classes and guns for fun. Not serious enough to compete , just love to play ! love it so much gt xx Algiers xx xbox 1

    I'm 49 but shhhh, don't tell anyone!

    When's the big day mate?

    28 Oct bud.
  • jelliedsoup
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    41, playing since the 80s.

    I usually go ok. Usually get in the top 5 in conquest.

    I play normal if I'm feeling old, but HC mostly.
  • spitfiresiemion
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I don't think there is a true age limit. Back in the day the community I used to belong to had 4 or 5 people who were over 50. At least one of them was really good at the game too.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    So much for the "stigma of older gamers" some youngsters are rambling about here.
    -
    I say this as a 45 yr old gamer who has never encountered stigma of gaming at ANY age. :)
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am not as old as some here, but I am older than others. I want to recount a story from BF2 on PC about those younger kids....At that time I was in my early 20's and encountered a very young kid in the squad. First he liked my soldier name "Spongebob_Army_Pants" and laughed hysterically into the mic...funny yes, but it gets better. We were playing gulf of oman, and for whatever reason this server had friendly fire turned off. So I am trying to capture a control point at the hotel, battling a tank and several infantry - alone. My squad mate was having fun hiding in the hotel pool and launching himself skyward with his own c4 and parachuting back down....he kept telling me "hey watch!" "hey sponge watch!" I was ticked off at the time, but now I find it hilarious. Now that I have a kid of my own, I expect nothing less than the younger generation of gamers haha. Though my son will have to wait till he is old enough for the game rating on the current BF titles.
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Why would there be an age limit? I plan on playing games until it's no longer fun for me, or until I die.
  • Not_Paul_Blart
    808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't think there is an true age limit, just look at this guy.


    LOL. That ADS/fire spam though. Even 66 year olds abuse the AA.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    So much for the "stigma of older gamers" some youngsters are rambling about here.
    -
    I say this as a 45 yr old gamer who has never encountered stigma of gaming at ANY age. :)

    Despite the numerous accounts of it in this thread....
Sign In or Register to comment.