Weekly Debrief

BF1 is going to be such a broken mess

Comments

• Trokey66
    8357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    You make it sound as if DICE is creating BF1 from scratch and not using the Frostbite gaming engine.
    -
    As others have mentioned, these glitches were in some past BF games and still found their way into BF1. Either DICE is unwilling or unable to solve these issues.
    -
    Either way, if I ran DICE I'd replace those developers with those who could get the job done (compensation budget permitting). Perhaps, the human capital budget is the issue.

You must be a joy to work with!

No man is at all hours, wise.
  • SecondAmendmnt
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    a video from a good player named Ravic, i suggest subbing to his channel to see more videos of how inept DICE stockholm is at making videogames

Stop your crying and go back to COD. Simple fix!
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    You make it sound as if DICE is creating BF1 from scratch and not using the Frostbite gaming engine.
    -
    As others have mentioned, these glitches were in some past BF games and still found their way into BF1. Either DICE is unwilling or unable to solve these issues.
    -
    Either way, if I ran DICE I'd replace those developers with those who could get the job done (compensation budget permitting). Perhaps, the human capital budget is the issue.

That almost sounds like Tales world development almost five years. I think the Lead designer of Tales world even cracks the whip on interns from coming up with stupid ideas. lol

All kidding aside, I think it's perfectly reasonable for group leaders to expect their team members to be competent and efficient at their jobs. Granted, what passes as "competent and efficient" for one industry may be different from another.
    -
    And while I've never worked for a game developer as a coder, I'm no stranger to basic coding, having learned LISP at MIT and C++ at work in my younger years. While coding can be an iterative process in some ways, it's not as mistake-tolerant an environment as some here would have you believe.
  • Eroin_Seven
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    a video from a good player named Ravic, i suggest subbing to his channel to see more videos of how inept DICE stockholm is at making videogames

Stop your crying and go back to COD. Simple fix!

i've played more battlefield then you 10 fold
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -
    -

That almost sounds like Tales world development almost five years. I think the Lead designer of Tales world even cracks the whip on interns from coming up with stupid ideas. lol

All kidding aside, I think it's perfectly reasonable for group leaders to expect their team members to be competent and efficient at their jobs. Granted, what passes as "competent and efficient" for one industry may be different from another.
    -
    And while I've never worked for a game developer as a coder, I'm no stranger to basic coding, having learned LISP at MIT and C++ at work in my younger years. While coding can be an iterative process in some ways, it's not as mistake-tolerant an environment as some here would have you believe.

And I'd hardly say the type of games that BF games are nowadays require anywhere near basic coding. I couldn't imagine how complex the coding process for these games gets, in order to make them work at even 95% efficiency with 64 players running around doing literally whatever they want to inside the game.
    -
    That's a whole hell of a lot for developers to test themselves, especially considering that A.) They're still working on the game, and B.) During the process of making BF1, DICE was also working on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.
    -
    It makes absolute perfect sense to have bugs and glitches at this stage in the game which, again, are more than likely fixed by now or will be fixed well before the game releases. You're forgetting that this is still a testing phase, and it isn't even a PUBLIC testing phase yet. Mods on the forum have already confirmed that people have been testing this game since as early as February. Even famous BF youtubers were saying they saw early gameplay of the next game and thought it looked great WELL before the reveal trailer even dropped.
    -
    The only thing that matters is whether or not those bugs will be fixed before the release of the game, which will only happen if they're reported to DICE. This video has been spread so much on here as well as Reddit I'm sure that's already happened.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited July 2016
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    That's a whole hell of a lot for developers to test themselves, especially considering that A.) They're still working on the game, and B.) During the process of making BF1, DICE was also working on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.
    Like I said, it sounds like a human capital problem more than anything else.
    -
    Too much to do and not enough people to do it.
    -
    Poor planning 101 and a recipe for disaster.

• CrazyHorseHaka
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    -
    -

-

I really like that they work with modifiers and community to improve the game play. They don't promise anything yet do more then the Western Developers. I think they are doing more what i always hoped EA/DICE would have done. Really 39 dollar game plus best 3d editor in history of gaming. No PR first version sold 6 million copies alone, second version even more copies. This third version will probably make BF 1 look like a par PC game on sales. BF games shouldn't do the normal thing that others are doing. Talesworld is using ideas off five old games even as far as 1983. There is more game concepts in the past then in the past 16 years. Most Developers that do well are independent from Publishers. <----This is key in fact one Developer that was not owned by a Publisher said you wouldn't believe the bs they wanted us to make. Plus look at EA's only risk project series Total war is it's own success Story.

Most good game concepts take three years to even come up with before Development. I don't want to see the series go like sim city 2013. PC guys just want the best game for all platforms to enjoy as a true BF game that isn't trying to be something it's not.
  • MrTekku
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here's what I don't understand completely: The Frostbite engine is now mature and been around for several years at least. You'd think that its coders would know by now how to use the engine to its fullest and avoid mistakes, glitches, etc.
    -
    If someone in my group couldn't do their jobs relatively error-free after having several years' experience under their belts, then I'd be forced to terminate them and hire someone else who could.

You don't seem to have any clue how game development actually works.
  • CrazyHorseHaka
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    MrTekku wrote: »
    Here's what I don't understand completely: The Frostbite engine is now mature and been around for several years at least. You'd think that its coders would know by now how to use the engine to its fullest and avoid mistakes, glitches, etc.
    -
    If someone in my group couldn't do their jobs relatively error-free after having several years' experience under their belts, then I'd be forced to terminate them and hire someone else who could.

Honestly it looks bad vs game animation teams work twice as hard on shadow texture corrections vs photographic guys. Meaning they do more arcade animations. Movie engines never used for 3d calculations.
  • RosscoSan
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You're a troll, the games alpha has just finished I guarantee all those glitches will be fixed in the finished product. The video mentions shooting while vaulting, but you can do that in BF4 I'm sure it's part of the game.

• Lordmang4
    MrTekku wrote: »
    -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development
    -
    You may want to check out this amazing thing called "the internet". Lots of good information to be had .
  • TheRadNerd
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Let's just wait and see how the game does with critics and the fanbase receives it before we automatically trash it for having an Alpha which is naturally going to be potentially glitchy and whatnot
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    The fixes to the head glitching stuff was added from bf4 to bf1 in a newer build according to a dev. Other than that, there was not a lot of "gamebreaking" anything going on.

Let's not s*** the bed over alpha glitches.
  • Eroin_Seven
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The fixes to the head glitching stuff was added from bf4 to bf1 in a newer build according to a dev. Other than that, there was not a lot of "gamebreaking" anything going on.

these glitches have been around since BF3, FFS do you people not understand that?
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

these glitches have been around since BF3, FFS do you people not understand that?

So post cte bf4 was a bug ridden unplayable mess?

Lolol
  • Eroin_Seven

Lolol

i can still trigger the animation freeze glitch, i can still learn through cover and kill people when they cant kill me, nearly every glitch in this video i can replicate
  • KingTolapsium

Lolol

i can still trigger the animation freeze glitch, i can still learn through cover and kill people when they cant kill me, nearly every glitch in this video i can replicate

It doesn't impact regular gameplay. There are always going to be things to fix.

Bug ridden and unplayable, is something completely different.
  • spoobywan
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    People seem to have their panties in such a bunch over seemingly minor things! (Just my opinion....).

BF4 was plagued with release issues (although I didn't notice or care about many of them), yet I still enjoyed playing regardless and thought that after several months it was as solid and non-rage inducing as it could possibly be. My favorite FPS by a mile as far as re-playability (only possible exception being KZ2, which was a different "era")

I thoroughly enjoyed the closed BF1 alpha and would frankly pay for it and play it even with the minor glitches I found in it. I thought it played extremely well for what it was and was seriously bummed when they shut it down as I was having a hell of a time.

Modern game code is complex beyond belief and expecting it to be 100% solid 100% of the time is a fool's errand. Expecting perfection in return for a year (or more) worth of potential distraction from the real world for the price of a dinner for two at Olive Garden is the very definition of the word "entitled".
  • Unknown_Spirit96
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    -
    -

Then phuck off? If you're complaining about a game that much, why don't you go and play COD? **** hell... People like you are a bunch of ****.
  • manu450
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On the one hand, it's an Alpha. But on the other, Battlefield 4...

I'll wait for the Beta and if ever the Beta is fill with many of those bug....don't expect better at launch.

This discussion has been closed.