Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

No, its not like a bottle of ketchup.....

Comments

• x_Undaunted_x
    1760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yo.. for real, dices RSP in this game is a load of BS. Not one person has been in this server yet and if their system worked properly people would love this server. I was excited for it too, @TEKNOCODE I know they aren't a lot of money, but I'd fight tooth and nail for a refund even if you only paid a dollar for the whole week
    Yeah... DICE really dropped the ball with this new RSP. I bet they've lost their butt financially on it (compared to BF3 and 4) because no one wants to buy one. Not to mention, when it dropped, the only thing you could do was set up a map rotation and that was it. I think I've played on 1 rented server since the game launched. That says a lot to me because in 3 and 4, there were so many rental servers, I never had a problem finding 1 I liked.

I wonder if they'll return to the previous system in the next title. Hopefully they will and will improve on it (ie giving admins a lot more power/options.)
  • Rev0verDrive
    5482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yo.. for real, dices RSP in this game is a load of BS. Not one person has been in this server yet and if their system worked properly people would love this server. I was excited for it too, @TEKNOCODE I know they aren't a lot of money, but I'd fight tooth and nail for a refund even if you only paid a dollar for the whole week
    Yeah... DICE really dropped the ball with this new RSP. I bet they've lost their butt financially on it (compared to BF3 and 4) because no one wants to buy one. Not to mention, when it dropped, the only thing you could do was set up a map rotation and that was it. I think I've played on 1 rented server since the game launched. That says a lot to me because in 3 and 4, there were so many rental servers, I never had a problem finding 1 I liked.

I wonder if they'll return to the previous system in the next title. Hopefully they will and will improve on it (ie giving admins a lot more power/options.)

Nope, they are pushing more updates into the RSP over the next few patches.
  • HardAimedKid
    9061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah all people do is talk about all map servers and I highly doubt it's not getting used because people don't want that. I actually saw a lot more rented servers on hardline than on this game. That says something. How do you do something so long and then make it worse with your biggest title? Lol
  • x_Undaunted_x
    1760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

That's great, but I can't help but think it might be too little too late at this point. I don't see people breaking their doors down trying to rent a server, at least not on PS4.

If they don't go back, it might be wise to delay their launch until they have more features equivalent to what they have today. IMO, DICE kinda shot themselves in the foot with how they've handled it for BF1. Hopefully, the next title will have more features and options when they launch the next RSP.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

That's great, but I can't help but think it might be too little too late at this point. I don't see people breaking their doors down trying to rent a server, at least not on PS4.

If they don't go back, it might be wise to delay their launch until they have more features equivalent to what they have today. IMO, DICE kinda shot themselves in the foot with how they've handled it for BF1. Hopefully, the next title will have more features and options when they launch the next RSP.

The PC community is the loudest voice on the RSP front. So much has been lost with EA's move to hosting. So So So Much. There's over 100 standard features missing.
  • xenome111
    1875 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sg2434 wrote: »
    I've decided I'm naming my first son Funktavius Rex

What happens when ur son grows up and asks u what his name signifies?
  • xenome111
    sg2434 wrote: »

What happens if we report you for reporting him for reporting me?

Edit: will you handle yourself?

I guess the whole universe will implode and a black hole will suck another black hole into the black hole creating a bigger black hole that sucks up moar black holes thus creating a paradox :D

A. K. A The big crush at the end. We're doomed. :s
  • crabman169
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love how the dude that kept making threads about 'bf1 is dead' since launch when he looked at current player count on 4am on a work/school day is telling everyone to boycott SWBF2 :D

Dude leads a seriously pathetic life
  • TEKNOCODE
    4576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

@HardAimedKid Thanks, my man. It actually had five people in it on Sunday. I waited for 20 minutes for it to fill up before I finally backed out.
  • xenome111
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

@HardAimedKid Thanks, my man. It actually had five people in it on Sunday. I waited for 20 minutes for it to fill up before I finally backed out.

I hoped it would have cross platform support I would have hopped on ur server.
    Don't worry it will fill up u can try something to change the name of the server so it gets filtered higher up maybe that will help.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

??? According to Ram1c theres tons of active private servers on xbone. At least that's what he said when I said rented servers are a ghost town in this game. Did that sneaky guy troll me?
  • xenome111

??? According to Ram1c theres tons of active private servers on xbone. At least that's what he said when I said rented servers are a ghost town in this game. Did that sneaky guy troll me?

Hahaha XD
  • HardAimedKid
    9061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You should try the vanilla rotation only and see if it gets traffic, if not I'd say it's broken lol
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A buddy of mine rented a server and ran a 24/7 Nivelle Nights. It was packed the day the DLC dropped and the day after. We actually had to kick about 10 people just to get into it. Now it's dead along with most of the private servers running the new map. Patch day I saw servers with 9+ queues. Can't wait until Tsar drops 6 new maps everyone will stop playing within the first week lol.
  • Cryphisss
    3090 postsMember, Developer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE
    edited June 27
    @AllOutWar76 Nivelle Nights is very popular among the servers I have played on for the past couple of days. Anytime it shows up in the map vote screen it actually gets picked up.

EDIT: On PC.
  • TEKNOCODE
    4576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 27

You should try the vanilla rotation only and see if it gets traffic, if not I'd say it's broken lol
    But, that defeats the purpose of the private server. :'(

Oh well, it was a failed experiment. Should I create a scathing cry thread?
  • sg2434
    3733 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

But, that defeats the purpose of the private server. :'(

Oh well, it was a failed experiment. Should I create a scathing cry thread?

You should actually
  • AllOutWar76
    edited June 27
    Cryphisss wrote: »
    @AllOutWar76 Nivelle Nights is very popular among the servers I have played on for the past couple of days. Anytime it shows up in the map vote screen it actually gets picked up.

I agree, it's definitely always voted on. Also even as I type this there are a few official servers running it now. That being said, every last private server running it is a ghost town on PS4.

@Cryphisss Is there any chance we will get the ability to search between official and ranked servers in the browser like in hardline? I think it would not only help populate private servers but would also encourage more people to rent. Win win!

*Edit* Also could you please take a look at this if you don't mind? https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/112923/40-man-ops-all-maps-under-recommended#latest

Twice I have seen this under recommended and it's a feature that has been requested since launch. Obviously it's there but we don't always get the option under recommended.
  • xenome111
    Cryphisss wrote: »

I agree, it's definitely always voted on. Also even as I type this there are a few official servers running it now. That being said, every last private server running it is a ghost town on PS4.

@Cryphisss Is there any chance we will get the ability to search between official and ranked servers in the browser like in hardline? I think it would not only help populate private servers but would also encourage more people to rent. Win win!

LOL we have been asking this since launch.