Talk about latency, jeez....

124»

Comments

• metaldad62
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @mischkag - According to the tests I did, there was no packet loss or any other problems other than high ping(as high as 800). My situation seems to be similar or exactly like thousands of other people which started about the same time...after update.
    What's strange to me is I played the new dlc last week & had no problems. Played one of the older maps right after that & it was bad rubber banding again.
    I think with all of these paid customers on forums like this statiing the same problems, it can't be isp problem .
    You stated earlier that the problem was being dealt with so I'm assuming that you realize that there is definitely a common problem.
    Again, until it is dealt with & fixed, I'm moving on to other games & enjoy the gaming experience that we all expect without the constant issues.
  • mischkag
    214 postsMember, Developer
    I talked about the problem that you hit a state where you cannot get a hitmarker anybody anymore. A high latency like yours just looks extremely like bufferbloat. Is it possible that the server has an issue on the socket level when running in the cloud, possibly. But i would need to know what server you played on to look into the corresponding telemetry.The patch did definitely nothing include which on a game level could cause bufferbloat or induced latency.
  • metaldad62
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @mischkag - this is my last reply to this thread to you.
    I said I had no packet loss & you didn't reply to the statement I made about no problems playing Neville Nights dlc but problems with other maps right after.
    I'm not going to supply info because I think it would be useless since you can't seem to grasp the theme that gamers across the US are having the same problems, regardless of internet speed or other factors.

• diagoro
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    metaldad62 wrote: »
    I said I had no packet loss & you didn't reply to the statement I made about no problems playing Neville Nights dlc but problems with other maps right after.
    I'm not going to supply info because I think it would be useless since you can't seem to grasp the theme that gamers across the US are having the same problems, regardless of internet speed or other factors.

To be fair/honest.....he dodged my question as well. Getting tired of having 60 US_East servers come up, but only one or two US_West. Been like this since release.

mischkag has done a great job in the hit detection thread, a shame I can't get a simple answer (one I'very asked both here and on reddit several times, all ignored!)
  • rock1obsta
    3284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    diagoro wrote: »

To be fair/honest.....he dodged my question as well. Getting tired of having 60 US_East servers come up, but only one or two US_West. Been like this since release.

mischkag has done a great job in the hit detection thread, a shame I can't get a simple answer (one I'very asked both here and on reddit several times, all ignored!)

How are you able to tell East & West? All I find is North America in general, no distinction between coasts.
  • diagoro
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

How are you able to tell East & West? All I find is North America in general, no distinction between coasts.

On xbox it shows east/west.
  • rock1obsta
    3284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

On xbox it shows east/west.

I've never noticed. All I see is NA.