Bf3 scope glint, bf4 scope glint, bfh scope glint and bf1 scope glint!!

Comments

• SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    GaZzZoZ wrote: »
    What a cringe thread. Scope glint needs to stay it works tremendously in bf4. Bf4 is the best balanced fps game i have ever played, except for the AA at times and that weird DMR screen shaking vs sniper thing. I can understand the AA being superior its most likely to avoid the heavy base **** that was common in BF3 when a team had all the flags. Thankfully that is a rare sight in bf4. Scope glint is one of the best additions to the franchise along with the killcam, eliminates 95% of the camping atleast.

with glint u can avoid snipers, they camp with or without glint, anyway battlefield 4 balance sucks and the game comparated to bc2 is a s... , i wnat to remember that bc2 didnt have glint but the game is awesome, glint not mean balance. What does glint? glint!!if glint u can see them, if u see the u can avoid them! its easy to understand.
  • xSKoRMx
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a sniper through and through.

Keep Scope glint but it needs to be dynamic like people are saying. If there's fog, rain, ect... Obscure the glint somewhat.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Rotank wrote: »
    I think this is a case of agree to disagree... by now we all have a pretty good understanding of each others' positions, and we are simply not going to agree at a fundamental level whether or not it is a positive feature of the game.

There have also been ideas to tweak the mechanic down the road that most people on both sides of the fence have agreed on. Given that scope glint is not going anywhere anytime soon, this is probably the best and most cordial result we can hope to achieve.

Does not mean we can't pinpoint the origin of player frustration.

We have beaten that horse with a chainsaw, or have you not been following the last 13 pages of this thread?

Saying "I like it" and "it sucks, remove it" is such useful feedback right? Lol

I think having detailed exchanges with probing questions is important. If you feel the thread has no more to offer you, why are you here? Complaining about others having a discussion?

Go complain about other stuff in other threads, you are not required or forced to read or engage on the forums.

By all means, engage. This thread has probed deep enough in the last 13 pages for us to circle around multiple times, I was just pointing out that we HAD in fact discussed common ground solutions, and are at the point of retreading familiar ground.

Tbh nobody who wants glint removed has even come close to explaining how it wont attract more campers to the game.
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    What a cringe thread. Scope glint needs to stay it works tremendously in bf4. Bf4 is the best balanced fps game i have ever played, except for the AA at times and that weird DMR screen shaking vs sniper thing. I can understand the AA being superior its most likely to avoid the heavy base **** that was common in BF3 when a team had all the flags. Thankfully that is a rare sight in bf4. Scope glint is one of the best additions to the franchise along with the killcam, eliminates 95% of the camping atleast.

My friend, there have been many many very elongated posts in this thread why it is a negative in the opinions of a lot of people with a wide range of play styles (including people like me who rarely even uses the sniper class). You disagreeing with a point, or being of the opinion that it is selfish, does not invalidate the opinion.

Most opinions are inherently selfish to begin with, regardless of which side of the debate you're on... ;)

• Turban_Legend80
    I think this is a case of agree to disagree... by now we all have a pretty good understanding of each others' positions, and we are simply not going to agree at a fundamental level whether or not it is a positive feature of the game.

There have also been ideas to tweak the mechanic down the road that most people on both sides of the fence have agreed on. Given that scope glint is not going anywhere anytime soon, this is probably the best and most cordial result we can hope to achieve.

We have beaten that horse with a chainsaw, or have you not been following the last 13 pages of this thread?

I think having detailed exchanges with probing questions is important. If you feel the thread has no more to offer you, why are you here? Complaining about others having a discussion?

Go complain about other stuff in other threads, you are not required or forced to read or engage on the forums.

By all means, engage. This thread has probed deep enough in the last 13 pages for us to circle around multiple times, I was just pointing out that we HAD in fact discussed common ground solutions, and are at the point of retreading familiar ground.

Tbh nobody who wants glint removed has even come close to explaining how it wont attract more campers to the game.

• owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

How about in rain or fog, since there's no glint, there be vapor trails? The humidity should be enough for bullets to leave trails, right?
  • Turban_Legend80
    owltro wrote: »

How about in rain or fog, since there's no glint, there be vapor trails? The humidity should be enough for bullets to leave trails, right?

It makes sense that glint isnt as strong in rain and fog. This should also include indoors (although why the hell anybody needs to use a high powered scope indoors is beyond me).

I think trails make it too easy for everybody to spot. Ay least you can only see glint if the sniper is looking in your general direction.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It makes sense that glint isnt as strong in rain and fog. This should also include indoors (although why the hell anybody needs to use a high powered scope indoors is beyond me).

I think trails make it too easy for everybody to spot. Ay least you can only see glint if the sniper is looking in your general direction.
    How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    • barely visible vapor trails
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails
  • Turban_Legend80

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I honestly dont see the need for vapour trails, but I could live with your glint description. Snipers arent gonna see very far in the fog anyway.

I think having glint and trails is a bit too much.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

i played alpha
    rain no glint
    fog no glint( u see at 50 metres from u , what matter sniper rifle?!)
    indoor scope glint
    in the shadow scope glint

stupid glint
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

First, you liking or disliking a particular playstyle is irrelevant, as there are many types of campers that exist even in the game today, and not all of them use BARs.

Second, I promise you the addition of scope glint has not altered the ratio of campers to non campers one bit. Battlefield has existed far longer without it than with it. Do you honestly believe that before scope glint, all anybody did was camp the hills with sniper rifles? Of course not, because the whole appeal of the Battlefield franchise is the sheer variety of gameplay and styles that the game accommodates.

Your next argument will be that at least now you can see them and choose to deal with them or ignore them. Well, that argument A. Has nothing to do with facilitating PTO gameplay, and B. Is just as selfish a reason for wanting glint as not wanting it.

Next... Crap, I'm doing it again. Ok, I'm done, enjoy what you like, no amount of annoyances will keep me from playing. My career path ain't game design, I just play them!
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    edited July 2016
    i think if someone, know that the enemy can see him because of his glint, then i keep myself far, so enemy can kill me, so i think people camp more far than no glint, just for avoid to be killed.
  • KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.
    i think if someone, know that the enemy can see him because of his glint, then i keep myself far, so enemy can kill me, so i think people camp more far than no glint, just for avoid to be killed.

So instead of moving closer with no glint options, you hide even further away?

Do you know that we are supposed to be capturing/defending objectives?
  • PopoTooStronk
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

the enemy would see you regardless of glint if you decided to be in short or medium range so.......
  • Turban_Legend80

First, you liking or disliking a particular playstyle is irrelevant, as there are many types of campers that exist even in the game today, and not all of them use BARs.

Second, I promise you the addition of scope glint has not altered the ratio of campers to non campers one bit. Battlefield has existed far longer without it than with it. Do you honestly believe that before scope glint, all anybody did was camp the hills with sniper rifles? Of course not, because the whole appeal of the Battlefield franchise is the sheer variety of gameplay and styles that the game accommodates.

Your next argument will be that at least now you can see them and choose to deal with them or ignore them. Well, that argument A. Has nothing to do with facilitating PTO gameplay, and B. Is just as selfish a reason for wanting glint as not wanting it.

Next... ****, I'm doing it again. Ok, I'm done, enjoy what you like, no amount of annoyances will keep me from playing. My career path ain't game design, I just play them!

Jesus mate, where did I say I dislike or like anything?

I've said plenty of times that no glint will mean that a player will not have to stop ads, and therefor not move. How can you argue with that? Its obvious. It doesnt matter one bit what happened in other games.
    I didnt claim everybody will camp. I didnt claim nobody camps. I said no glint will cause people to have no readon to move -therfor camp.

I didnt say it wasnt possible to camp with other classes, but the big difference is that snipers camp in the middle of nowhere.

I've said many times i dont want campers in the middle of nowhere on my team.

My argument has never ever been about how I deal with snipers. Its about not wanting useless players on my team.

So nice try guessing what my next argument will be. Perhaps you'll get closer if you actually bother to read somebodys previous arguments properly.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.

How can a sniper come closer if the enemy see him everytime he try to aim for looking for enemy
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    edited July 2016

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.
    i know u like it, u like glint its normal so u can avoid to be sniped in bf1 too.

• onkruid26
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.
    i know u like it, u like glint its normal so u can avoid to be sniped in bf1 too.

Yeah indeed we like it, so we can render you lot useless and just kill you from long range with our weapons isnt that lovely?
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.

How can a sniper come closer if the enemy see him everytime he try to aim for looking for enemy

Use a lower powered scope?
  • onkruid26
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

How about this:
    SUNNY
    • scope glint
    • no vapor trails
    RAINY
    • minimal scope glint
    FOGGY
    • no scope glint
    • vapor trails

I like this idea a lot.

Use a lower powered scope?

Or in BF1,s case no scope at all its probably going to be the best option even at long ranges.
This discussion has been closed.