Weekly Debrief

Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13091 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    frankbama wrote: »
    Have not played in a few weeks and as usual I was disappointed. Saw a new one today, a calvary troopper was riding around the map killing with a sabre from at least a hundred feet away. I was on the other side of a field gun and he was not even close. In the other game the top 5 players were 17 to 11 and 0 within the first 5 minutes. One shot kills on me with a smg and Frommer. When is this going to stop? EA/Dice has allowed cheaters to take the fun out of the game.

Sounds like network issues.

bundled packets yeah, That's what usually causes OHK's with weapons that usually don't OHK.
  • Matty101yttam
    977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is damage mods though so it could be either, from the looks there's 2 types, one that swaps damage for something else, like sniping with tank rounds(which shows them being killed with a tank in the kill feed) the other just seems to do full 100% damage with the weapon they use.
  • micky_WW1_luv
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    Have not played in a few weeks and as usual I was disappointed. Saw a new one today, a calvary troopper was riding around the map killing with a sabre from at least a hundred feet away. I was on the other side of a field gun and he was not even close. In the other game the top 5 players were 17 to 11 and 0 within the first 5 minutes. One shot kills on me with a smg and Frommer. When is this going to stop? EA/Dice has allowed cheaters to take the fun out of the game.

Sounds like network issues.

bundled packets yeah, That's what usually causes OHK's with weapons that usually don't OHK.

So that's what FairFight is catching?

Good to know.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13091 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

So that's what FairFight is catching?

Good to know.

Bundled packets are just a sign of connection issues, such as packet loss, FF won't be banning for that, Banning for a poor connection wouldn't be very wise lol.

example : player 1 fires an automatico at player 2.
    player 2 experiences slight packet loss but in the final packet sent to the server from player 1, It tells the server x bullets hit him, Server goes "yup I see that"
    player 2 dies in what appears to be a OHK and ( sometimes ) then calls player 1 a hacker.

I don't know the exact science but bundled packets can give the impression of a OHK.

Usually if both players connections are stable and error free, They'll "feel" each hit leading to the death.
  • Matty101yttam
    977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Heres something from today...edited out swearing and names, hacker i've reported a few times is in red, didn't take part in the conversation just recorded it

hacker_zpsr7cy5m6z.jpg
    hacker2_zps9zait8fq.jpg
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2017
    Heres something from today...edited out swearing and names, hacker i've reported a few times is in red, didn't take part in the conversation just recorded it

hacker_zpsr7cy5m6z.jpg
    hacker2_zps9zait8fq.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WxVke.gif
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    WxVke.gif

Haha, I'm, knotted :smiley:

• frankbama
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It is amazing to me when cheating is brought up there are always a number of people (often the same ones) that point to connection issues, network issues, lag, packet loss and etc. The trooper on the horse had over 100 kills. Also, if the apperance of cheating is caused by these things that is on EA/Dice as the game has been out since October. Should these alledged problems have been fixed months ago? Why did BF4 not have all these issues? Cheating is out of control and I seriouly wonder about people that question it.
  • STOPchris
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is amazing to me when cheating is brought up there are always a number of people (often the same ones) that point to connection issues, network issues, lag, packet loss and etc. The trooper on the horse had over 100 kills. Also, if the apperance of cheating is caused by these things that is on EA/Dice as the game has been out since October. Should these alledged problems have been fixed months ago? Why did BF4 not have all these issues? Cheating is out of control and I seriouly wonder about people that question it.

You know exactly why it is not getting fixed... They want to sell you a new game later this year.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    FF is a joke which does not detect cheats only catchs the bad players that are suddenly good more of less.

So cheaters can cheat as long as they do not got **** and esp cheats will always be used well until they get a better program lol punkbuster was doing a 10x better jod over FF
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited July 2017
    It is amazing to me when cheating is brought up there are always a number of people (often the same ones) that point to connection issues, network issues, lag, packet loss and etc. .

Because most of the time, The so called "cheaters" aren't actually cheating, It is just the person screaming "hacks" having one or more of those issues which directly results in a negative experience ( And some questionable deaths ) .

Y'see, Not once have I ever said there wasn't any cheaters, I know and understand full well that they are out there.

I like to weigh up the variables first and look at other non-cheating factors before I consider going down the "he's cheating" route.
  • Flyjetandkill
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Hundreds of Fairfight bans showing up the last few days,you cant say that fairfight is not working :smiley:
  • Flyjetandkill
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    buster126 wrote: »
    Also, the plane people that seem to just attach themselves to your 6 and insta bring you down within 2 seconds no matter the weather of intense fog or sandstorm. These people can not be shaken and will always find you within 5 seconds of you spawning in the air and will bring you down within 7 seconds. Sounds legit.

Thats not a big deal for a good pilot.
  • Kunstula
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2017
    Hundreds of Fairfight bans showing up the last few days,you cant say that fairfight is not working :smiley:

Oh it is working alright, but it's not catching nearly enough of these *cheaters*. I have personally seen (and can prove it) plenty of aimbotters since launch and not get banned. I have truly no idea how FairFight can't catch them when I can usually identify a cheater in a single match. I guess 17 years of experience in fps games just can't be translated into software or artificial intelligence, or not yet...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @Farsight_02
    You don't need to self censor profanity, Just don't post it, Period :)
  • Skeater44
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also, the plane people that seem to just attach themselves to your 6 and insta bring you down within 2 seconds no matter the weather of intense fog or sandstorm. These people can not be shaken and will always find you within 5 seconds of you spawning in the air and will bring you down within 7 seconds. Sounds legit.

It is a very big deal if they are using a spotting macros. This is how they always seem to find you and everything on the ground, not everyone uses them but I have seen some videos of some who show off their skills on youtube all the time, and you can see that they are spotting someone or thing even while they are maneuvering.
  • wantonexplosion
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skeater44 wrote: »

It is a very big deal if they are using a spotting macros. This is how they always seem to find you and everything on the ground, not everyone uses them but I have seen some videos of some who show off their skills on youtube all the time, and you can see that they are spotting someone or thing even while they are maneuvering.

A spotting macro? Does that just repeatedly hit the spot key for you? I'm trying to think of how that would help a pilot when spotting in general works poorly in the planes even without considering all the fog, rain, and sand storms that make anything on the ground impossible to see or spot. I fly a lot and I can tell you a spotting macro isn't going to do anything I can't already do.
  • Rhygarth
    60 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why on PC we will never have a good anti cheat from dice ?

well i will tell you

1.. they allready have our cash so they don't give a crap

2... PC players atm is about 20k xbox one is about 30-40k and ps4 is about 70-80k so they don't give a crap about the PC community

we need a client side anti cheat program, i know alot of people will say that they invade your privacy but they are just the hackers that don't want to be caught
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2017
    if this game introduced an effective client side anti cheat there would be a huge ban wave, maybe someone doesn't want the drama
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rhygarth wrote: »
    Why on PC we will never have a good anti cheat from dice ?

well i will tell you

1.. they allready have our cash so they don't give a crap

2... PC players atm is about 20k xbox one is about 30-40k and ps4 is about 70-80k so they don't give a crap about the PC community

we need a client side anti cheat program, i know alot of people will say that they invade your privacy but they are just the hackers that don't want to be caught

You talk about 20k active players on pc, but how many bought the game?..
    I do think DICE cares about the pc players.
    But cheat companies are a plague you can not defeat..
This discussion has been closed.