Battlefield 2018

S0noran
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited March 2018
Well, after playing Battlefield 1 I think the franchise did well in getting back to the past, but the theme does not really excite so much, I feel bored with the game, what really seduces gamers is the modern war but not the futuristic.
It made me wonder how good it would be for a new battlefield to be focused on the modern era but not this BF4 high tech war
The new battlefield should focus on the Cold War era, 80's 90's, when a huge amount of conflict took over the world.
It should be divided into several environments such as conflicts in Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
It is a historical way of reporting these conflicts in a modern language, Angola, Yugoslavia, Gulf War, Afghanistan.
Post edited by S0noran on

Comments

• nickle-eye
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I know they say the initial sales of Battlefield 1 were high and maybe higher then others. That does not mean its better. Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, some of my reasons for saying this. Yes Battle Field 1 has great graphics there is no denying that. But Battle Field 4 in my opinion offers so much more in the game play itself. There are so many more load outs. Custom squad emblems, more vehicles. I guess i am more into post WWII Battlefields in general . Who cares about battle packs in Battlefield 1, hey I got a new color for my gun. I realize that the time setting these is a limited number of scopes and weapons and such, but come on, just so boring to be honest. In the past I have bought every BattleField (Bad company included) for the PS and a few PC versions prior to them being available on PS, along with the Premium packs, and all add-ons. This is the first time that I actually find myself not buying any additional add-ons. Maybe its my loss, but just bored with the game already. Back to playing the Division I guess, and hoping Battlefield 5 is more like Battlefield 4 with the graphics of Battlefield 1....
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    My opinion is that Battlefield 4, at it's core, had the best potential and tried to be the best game in the series. And failed miserably (mostly through poor balancing, poor map design, and the worst launch I have ever witnessed of a AAA game). So as long as they have learned from their mistakes, I'm with you. At the same time I'd like to see a 1944 at some point and I wouldn't complain if they made that next.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope it's like NEITHER, because although I enjoy both and spend many hours on both I still think DICE haven't quite combined the visceral almost tactile feel of Bad Company 2 and the depth of Battlefield 2.

DICE always compromised, which is why we get games that might be good, but always feel like half measures.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Unfortunately won't happen. To be honest i like how BF1's gunplay feels compared to 4. However that said the gunplay is way easier (probably why i like it).

I do miss BF4 and before being a much harder game though. BF1 is just to easy. And im a casual. You know something is wrong when casuals think a game is to easy...

Will say, i dont miss getting recked by that one dude in a tank, and no matter how many rockets you shoot at him, his team mate repairs it before you can get another out... Or they guy just instantly knows where you are at (magic? More like IR...), and blasts you before you can even shoot one rocket... Played BF4 for the first time in moths last week and this happened two straight games in a row. (Zavod) Why on earth the ever nerfed anti vehicle weapons so hard, right before they stopped patching the game, is beyond me...
    Cant say this crap has happened much to me in BF1.

My opinion is that Battlefield 4, at it's core, had the best potential and tried to be the best game in the series. And failed miserably (mostly through poor balancing, poor map design, and the worst launch I have ever witnessed of a AAA game).
    The game was balanced like crap that's for sure.

• rock1obsta
    3813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately won't happen. To be honest i like how BF1's gunplay feels compared to 4. However that said the gunplay is way easier (probably why i like it).

I do miss BF4 and before being a much harder game though. BF1 is just to easy. And im a casual. You know something is wrong when casuals think a game is to easy...

Will say, i dont miss getting recked by that one dude in a tank, and no matter how many rockets you shoot at him, his team mate repairs it before you can get another out... Or they guy just instantly knows where you are at (magic? More like IR...), and blasts you before you can even shoot one rocket... Played BF4 for the first time in moths last week and this happened two straight games in a row. (Zavod) Why on earth the ever nerfed anti vehicle weapons so hard, right before they stopped patching the game, is beyond me...
    Cant say this crap has happened much to me in BF1.

My opinion is that Battlefield 4, at it's core, had the best potential and tried to be the best game in the series. And failed miserably (mostly through poor balancing, poor map design, and the worst launch I have ever witnessed of a AAA game).
    The game was balanced like crap that's for sure.

I really don't know how BF1 can be easier than 4. For me, it's the opposite.
    The omission of the one size fits all guns prevalent in 4 make 1 much harder.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think bf1 is harder also.

I wouldn't mind a WW2 shooter, but hope they keep the classes similar to what we have now and not like bf4.
  • GenesisMD5745
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I liked BF4, but I still like BF1 as well.

I don't care what BF5's theme is, just as long as it's WWII or later. Could be another law enforcement BF. Could also be a huge open-world map with different environments acting as different maps, and I still wouldn't mind. Just as long as DICE finds some way to implement the different modes properly.

The alternate WWI DICE came up with was a good and different setting, and even though I enjoy it, I do want some better weapon and vehicle variety once again. I can only stand playing with the same 2-3 loadouts per class for so long before I switch back to one of the older BF games.
  • Foot_Elite_Guard
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1982 sounds great fan game (design concepts of it) or BF2 remastered/re-released on all platforms. Something which plays like BF2 by commander, class and communication wise. That's what I would like to try out.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly I don't want to go back to a system where every range is an effective range for all kits. I don't mind if they borrow features from any title but I would like classes to be designed around playing their roll vs a Jack of all trades. It just makes class choice more important in this title and I like that. I like having to change classes for certain situations. Being able to use the same kit in any situation gets boring fast IMO.
  • Crimson-Knight-1
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    A bf game with just the British army as the good guys.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly I don't want to go back to a system where every range is an effective range for all kits. I don't mind if they borrow features from any title but I would like classes to be designed around playing their roll vs a Jack of all trades. It just makes class choice more important in this title and I like that. I like having to change classes for certain situations. Being able to use the same kit in any situation gets boring fast IMO.

I agree completely
  • Lum_The_Invader
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The next battlefield game should take place in the future. I can already imagine people spawn camping the mechs.
  • AttackMattew
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I got bored of BF1 within the first month, which is unusual for me when it comes to Battlefield. The gameplay, the weapons and vehicles, the setting, etc. just don't interest me. It looks amazing though.

I hope the next Battlefield is either set during WWII or after Final Stand/before 2142 and plays more like BF3. I still play BF3 on my Xbox One to this date. BF3 to me is like BF2 and BF1942, I can't seem to get bored of it.

I agree i'd hope for a BF game set after final stand just before 2142 or a game set within that time period like 2143 ect.
  • alucardgr
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    'a short story'

Battlefield 1942 : i was student without internet connection but while i was playing it via LAN with my friends was REALLY REALLY exciting.You was able to see the potential of that game(we was playing COD1 most of the time)

Battlefield 2.:Playing online for the first time i was shocked of how amzing that game was(and 1000times deeper gameplay than cod

Bad company 2: They add an amazing destruction engine and the amazing new graphics and some new gadgets= EPIC

Battlefield 3: EPIC x3 ....Bigger maps-more vehicles and gadgets.....reminds me a remastered BF2

Battlefield 4: My favourite game EVER! even from E3 trailer i coulndt wait to play it(new gadgets-vehicles-ELEVATORS!- epic jumps from high buildings-Levolution-deepest gameplay ever!

Battlefield 1: The worst Battlefield experience so far.... Less Vehicles less gadgets...less everything!!!
    Every previous BF game had a simular feeling...Bf1 have different fast animations and a flat boring gameplay....even classes are different....even hardcore mode are different(and im big fan of hardcore)....Vehicles that appears to help losing team!!
    wtf......fcourse if you compare Bf1 to any COD game is still great but i need the EPIC fun back
  • alucardgr
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i dont even bother to mention hardline and battlefront
  • IIIF0NTIII
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Mix BF4's balance with the map design of BF3, ensure a smooth launch, reduce the amount of weapon attachments that do the same thing (but keep the same sort of customisation) and you get the BF5 that I would like.

If the game feels more like BF1/battlefront than BF3/BF4, then I wont be buying it.

Basically this, and less (preferably none) no skill weapons and gadgets like the XM25, Mortar, Ucav, Famas etc. No Elites, no behemoths, no battlepickups, no sweet spot, no auto repair or repair from inside the vehicle. Just you and the weapon you spawned with and your skill, no intentionally op things. And to the contrary of what the vehicle **** whiners say, the game needs lock-on weapons (if the game is in a modern era) at least anti air lock-ons. They are just salty they can´t dominate everyone as easily as the would like to. The lack of lock-ons would simply ruin the infantry combat, or make it like it was in BF2, you had AA rockets on the map, but the vehicles had limited ammo and they had to return to base to repair and rearm.
    But in my opinion it won´t be like it. It will be like Casualfield 1, because if they were about to de-casualize the game then we would have seen some results by now when the game is almost a year old. But it is as casual now as it was on day 1. But a BF2 remaster or Battle(non)sense´s BF 1982 concepts made into a game would be pretty neat too.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    alucardgr wrote: »
    'a short story'

Battlefield 2.:Playing online for the first time i was shocked of how amzing that game was(and 1000times deeper gameplay than cod

Bad company 2: They add an amazing destruction engine and the amazing new graphics and some new gadgets= EPIC

Battlefield 3: EPIC x3 ....Bigger maps-more vehicles and gadgets.....reminds me a remastered BF2

Battlefield 4: My favourite game EVER! even from E3 trailer i coulndt wait to play it(new gadgets-vehicles-ELEVATORS!- epic jumps from high buildings-Levolution-deepest gameplay ever!

Hi,
    When i originally got the XBOX i was only interested in games that were campaigns, but i thought i would try Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat. I was amazed at the involvement of online experience and how it was slightly different each game, depending on the team.
    For Battlefield 5 - then anything similar to BF2:MC or Bad Company will be great - BF3/BF4 - then this would be ok.
    What i think i miss is the open comms - BF2:MC always had people talking about strategy - what was happening on the other part of the map - so you could work as a team. Squad comms for me, ruined BF - no one talks.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
This discussion has been closed.