my rsp server just got hacked/taken over by a cheater/hacker

NL73schietdammer
506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited July 2017
There was a guy in a fighter plane doing impossible things - i permbanned him and reported him (30minutes ago) , can't reveal his name here becuase of the forum rules. But right before he got banned he said this in chat. yellow chat that i have never ever seen before, so i call it ... he took oevr the server.

My microsoft onedrive where i put a screenshot of the chat - no whurries forum admins there is no ingame name of him there, so still no shaming and naming - https://1drv.ms/i/s!Anbs4-O7K_T8ge1o7mDXWrcnGI0OVg , p.s. that link is ofcourse also in the report.

I have no clue how far he could go but if he would have emptied my banlist i would have gone bonkers.

p.s. i remember the yellow chat from procon bf4, why is it in bf1 ... when the real admins can't trigger it. It obviously is there hidden somehow, and this hacker made use of it.

Comments

• Flyjetandkill
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    I dont think he took over the server lol.But it looks like that they can manipulate the chat colour now.
  • NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i think yellow chat is serverside , so a take over.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    how did that happen that looks like a global message by a server admin
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited July 2017
    i saw this also once on bf4 - yellow admin chat, there the hacker did some crazy things. I remember he also had some crazy skin - absolutely not made by dice, because it was offensive - on his helicopter.

No it wasn't a global message, it was that hacker ... he was doing instakills from long distance with fighter plane.
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 can you explain to us what this yellow message in the image is ?
  • Braddock512
    1328 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Do you have video? Further images? PM me directly.

I've alerted the Dev team.
    -Braddock512-
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited July 2017
    No , befoire there where admin capabilities on the rsp servers i always recorded and reported, but was always a hassle because i want to record in 1920x1080 not my native play resolution 5760x1080, so i always had to change to 1920x1080 , cloned on 3 screens or else the 1920 is stretched out over 3 screens - windows thinks it is 1 big screen becuase of eyefinity, and then i still could not record - the amd software can only record the resolution in which you start the game up - i had to restart the game and then finally i can record but since i can just ban i ban then and report them with a text not a videolink like i used to do.
    Other thing is i have 25gb space on my onedrive = plenty, but still always used handbrake to make the recording smaller ... taking over my gaming pc so then i had to stop playing, then upload ... so no i only ban them now and report.

But that was the only chat message he gave, that yellow one, he didnt even chat normally before or after it. He was on my team, chat went bonkers about him cheating - i said i cnat ban a guy based on his kill death i have to see first myself what he is doing, i send in someone from the clan to spectate, he said this guy isn't even hiding that he is cheating but didn't record. Then we decided to permban this guy, but in between chat going bonkers and spectating and banning he suddenly gave that message in yellow.

There is a rule no naming and shaming but isnt that for suspected cheaters, this one i could bet my life on it that he was cheating, so can't i just name him? Or have you guys found this guy in the reports, in that origin report i talk about his fighter plane instakilling from above the clouds even and also that he hacked the server and gave the report also this microsoft onedrive link of my screenshot of my windowed bf1 (where you can see i had to scroll back to read back his message).

bf1stats.com says he played 3h36m22seconds 15games played, so far kd ratio 21,1:1 , almost 1500kills made of which around 710 with the 3 fighter planes (kpm with these 3 fighter plane variants on average around 6,5. wow 6,5kills a minute).

he played on my server https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • NL73schietdammer
    i just saw him get banned by fairfight on the ingame global message chat, there are lots of rumours and stories about fairfight.

I just want to know 1 thing, can i remove him now from my banlist because it has a hardlimit of 100 names and with all these hackers lately my banlist will get full before october 2018 see hear the topic i made on it https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/113110/banlist-hardlimitceiling-of-100-names-i-am-getting-worried-i-banned-3-cheaters-in-last-2-days#latest

the 1 thing i wnat to know : If fairfight only bans him for 2 weeks then i want to keep him on my banlist but if that account is banned frorm playing bf1 forever - as it should be - then i can remove him from the list, best would be that it would be autocleaned by you guys, you have the servers in hosue so also all the banlists.
  • StarscreamUK
    7340 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    normally fairfight issues a 1 week suspension with stats reset
    then its a permaban, but there have been instances of straight to permaban.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    Im curious to know what the yellow message is
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im curious to know what the yellow message is

Seems like that guy somehow used the admin powers to send a message saying there was no one cheating in the server. When an admin talks in chat does it always say admin for the name? Maybe that guy can change the color and name on the chat some how.
  • CrashCA
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mods (former admin) do not not get different treatment in chat that I am aware of. But it appears the ability is there.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    I own two servers in bf1 and I do not have the option to the yellow global chat, unless we can do it and DICE hasn't told us how to use it....???
  • cc2556
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
  • CrashCA
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Your link is blocked. YouTube of racist yellow chat is here: *removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • StarscreamUK
    7340 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    it isn't blocked.

it's moved to the moderator section, as it needed to be passed on. I moved it there due to the racist language in the video so that the OP didn't get sanctioned for getting the video evidence.

please don't post that video link again, its akin to posting racism yourself.

• cc2556
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thanks for that accusation , that its akin to posting racism myself , I think you will find the original post in this section is "My rsp server just got hacked/taken over by a cheater/hacker". What has that got to do with racism ? I posted the link in relation to the colour of the text contained in the post as it is another example of the yellow text , I was not commenting on the language or there meaning . I have never been more offended , & don't worry I will never post or visit these forums again .
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cc2556 wrote: »
    Thanks for that accusation , that its akin to posting racism myself , I think you will find the original post in this section is "My rsp server just got hacked/taken over by a cheater/hacker". What has that got to do with racism ? I posted the link in relation to the colour of the text contained in the post as it is another example of the yellow text , I was not commenting on the language or there meaning . I have never been more offended , & don't worry I will never post or visit these forums again .

My man, read their statements. Within the video itself there is racism which could be hammered down on you because of posting the video. They literally just protected you and you go on the whining tour? Really?

OT: Sounds to me that we're just dealing with someone who is able to alter origin accounts in such a way that they are seen as a system operator, who normally is in full white text and not yellow. Meaning to me that the user thinks that current admin messages are the same color as in BF4.

since BF4 has a tonne of exploits regarding crashing and manipulating the server with a simple tool, I would not be surprised that this tool works in BF1 too. As these exploits were never, and probably never are (as this is an issue since BF4 release day 1), going ot be fixed.
  • StarscreamUK
    cc2556 wrote: »

Firstly calm down. My response was to crash because he said the link was blocked and posted a video of it. If you post something with offensive language or content inside it then it is the same as posting it yourself. As stated this has been passed on. If you feel that badly about my statement to ANOTHER user you can always use the report post option for it to be looked at by another admin.