MH carbine for cavalry?

James-MII
894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
As the thread title suggests.. common Dice, give the cavalry class some love.. it needs a new weapon and the martini Henry carbine fits in perfectly.

Make it so we have to unlock it, something like get 300 kills with a horse then destroy 10 vehicles using the light AT grenades?

Thoughts?

Comments

• ScoutHunterKing
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wouldn't mind the gun in the game in general... But if it was for cavalry as soon as you get off your horse, and with that metal breast plate it would be op AF... There is a reason the cavalry class got the two shot russian trench and not a OHK sweet spot rifle lol.
  • Forkbeard84
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More loadout options for cavalry would be great. Curently we have zero, ZERO, zero cavalry loadout options. Come on man!
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    More loadout options for cavalry would be great. Curently we have zero, ZERO, zero cavalry loadout options. Come on man!

Hellriegel from horseback? Or how about MG15 Storm from horseback?
  • ScoutHunterKing
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

More load outs would be great! I've been meaning to get into the cavalry class more... Maybe a carcano? However I just think a martini henry (if it had the same damage model as current one only a carbine) coupled with a breast plate and the ability to heal and ressuply yourself would not be good for game balance ;) lol, no one would stay on there horses long!
  • x187Methodz-
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why would you want anything other than the Russian?
  • disposalist
    9009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I few more weapons would be nice and I would like the ability to ADS if I stop my horse. The cavalry is severely limited currently. It made sense when it was a 'vehicle' class, but now it's been nerfed so much that staying on the horse reduces your life expectancy, it could do with some more options to keep horseback combat viable.
  • SoleSurvivor116
    233 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You know i reckon we need to be able to duel wield villar perosas from horse back so that you fire 4 guns simultaneously, or model 10a hunters or even BARs
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But the cavalry rifle is better :/ oh yeah battlefield forums

I'd still love to see pilot/tanker weapons be all kit. I keep thinking the sawed off would be too much but the model 10A hunter is still in the game with its amazing 1m drop off nerf that totally fixed it guys
  • disposalist
    9009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Better than what?
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Being able to use a Pistol while on the horse would be nice, also more rifles. I don't understand why the 1895 Winchester is the only rifle for every nation. It doesn't even make sense for the US.

Being able to do this would also be nice.

German%2Bsoldiers%2Btake%2Baim%2Bfrom%2Bthe%2Bbacks%2Bof%2Bhorses%252C%2Bmid-1930.jpg
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I know it might be considered a bit OP.. but take away the sweat spot mechanic and I think that would balance it out a bit?
  • derliebesmuskel
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd definitely like to see more load-out options for the cavalry class. A carbine version of the Martini sounds enjoyable, and I'm not so sure it would break the game as cavalry aren't terribly prevalent in game. They are little more common than an elite, and elites aren't really all that hard to take down.
    All that aside, what I've wanted to see since the game's release is that the cavalry class has access to (and maybe even restricted to) revolvers. Coupled with this ability to use them on a class basis is the ability to use them from horseback. My justification for this is based on a desire to see the game as historically accurate as possible without taking away from the game's enjoyment. I've long found it a bit sad (as a history loving gamer) that cavalry doesn't have access to revolvers; seeing how the majority of revolvers where specifically designed for cavalry units. It seems only fitting therefore, that they should be able to use them in game.
  • James-MII
    I'd definitely like to see more load-out options for the cavalry class. A carbine version of the Martini sounds enjoyable, and I'm not so sure it would break the game as cavalry aren't terribly prevalent in game. They are little more common than an elite, and elites aren't really all that hard to take down.
    All that aside, what I've wanted to see since the game's release is that the cavalry class has access to (and maybe even restricted to) revolvers. Coupled with this ability to use them on a class basis is the ability to use them from horseback. My justification for this is based on a desire to see the game as historically accurate as possible without taking away from the game's enjoyment. I've long found it a bit sad (as a history loving gamer) that cavalry doesn't have access to revolvers; seeing how the majority of revolvers where specifically designed for cavalry units. It seems only fitting therefore, that they should be able to use them in game.

Good post! I absolutely agree!
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'd still love to see pilot/tanker weapons be all kit. I keep thinking the sawed off would be too much but the model 10A hunter is still in the game with its amazing 1m drop off nerf that totally fixed it guys

The 10-A hunter is terribly inconsistent it's definitely fixed as it's usage went down with the patch. The M97 is better then the hunter.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    No, the other shotguns are inconsistent with one hits lol. If you're familiar with the meat shot the 10 Hunter is basically 6 kills ready to go. The M97 has less consistency and way less range + 1 less round. Hence the usage not changing lol

1m drop off range was not even a change (you have to be touching to kill someone with a revive needle and that is a range of 1.7m apparently) so yeah what did you have to adjust to with the 10A after that update again? Zip

Different topic though

I'd like to be able to use the Pieper carbine and No. 3 revolver as cavalry (since these are actual cavalry weapons) and it'd be cool if a Berthier carbine was added (a shortened Lebel, it'd have only a 3 round magazine but perhaps always 2 hit kill, obviously lose the headshot at a given range to balance it against the 1895).

As for why I think the Martini Henry would be a nerf, well I always fight in the range the cavalry rifle 2 hit kills....which is also the range the Martini would 2 hit. For me 1 round and 1/5th the fire rate would be a huge drawback. I also think from the gameplay perspective we should be trying to keep cavalry classes closer, as armor + the ability to fight from a long range is irritiating. Add self heal to that? :/

• Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is a reason the cavalry class got the two shot russian trench and not a OHK sweet spot rifle lol.

There are at least 3 myths that I'd like to see erased.
    1) The cavalry primary is NOT the standard Russian. It is a cavalry variant. And it's NOT a great sniper weapon, or much use for anything in my opinion.
    2) The cavalry rider CAN swing to his left. Takes practice, but can be done.
    3) While there is no "jump" button per se, I have slowly learned that there ARE things you can do (at least on my XB controller) that will greatly enhance your successful jump percentage. I now jump over many things that I used to struggle with.

Also, PLEASE FIX THE MED POUCH PICK UP RADIUS!

Thanks, me.
  • James-MII
    There is a reason the cavalry class got the two shot russian trench and not a OHK sweet spot rifle lol.

There are at least 3 myths that I'd like to see erased.
    1) The cavalry primary is NOT the standard Russian. It is a cavalry variant. And it's NOT a great sniper weapon, or much use for anything in my opinion.
    2) The cavalry rider CAN swing to his left. Takes practice, but can be done.
    3) While there is no "jump" button per se, I have slowly learned that there ARE things you can do (at least on my XB controller) that will greatly enhance your successful jump percentage. I now jump over many things that I used to struggle with.

Also, PLEASE FIX THE MED POUCH PICK UP RADIUS!

Thanks, me.

I feel your pain with the med pouch radius!
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I few more weapons would be nice and I would like the ability to ADS if I stop my horse. The cavalry is severely limited currently. It made sense when it was a 'vehicle' class, but now it's been nerfed so much that staying on the horse reduces your life expectancy, it could do with some more options to keep horseback combat viable.

I agree... I jumped on after about a month break and the horse dies faster than the actual rider it seems. So many times now I am riding and I see my horse at 10-15 health and I am at 60+. Then my horse dies as do I along with it. Now, I just use it as an objective jumper and then I dismount and go on foot. Which is Bull, because I outclass every other infantryman on the ground. Just buff the horse back up and make it so cavalry can't dismount. That would make it more balanced I think.
  • Dinamythe2512
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    Temp1st wrote: »
    Or how about MG15 Storm from horseback?

article-2045816-0E3D558E00000578-380_634x485.jpg

e911d549-d8a9-437e-8572-8f8f6d256af9.jpg

?????????????????????????????????????????????

OMG it was really a thing back then o_o