Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    Ez prefire
    The run with 6ms is 184ms on average? Because that would make it kinda slow overall.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    1107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No first run was 184 then did second which had the 6ms
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some companies do take the issue seriously. EA/Dice is not one of them.

https://dotesports.com/counter-strike/biggest-vac-ban-wave-in-history-15710
  • SirBobdk
    4235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »

How many bans are handed out per day by FF?
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »

How many bans are handed out per day by FF?

I don't think there's any official ban reporting by FF other than the in-game messages. The whole thing is shrouded in mystery, unlike the transparency of VAC. Even the months old tweet from a Dice producer about some new AC in BF has since gone uncommented on as far as I'm aware. Other companies also transparently leverage their community to spot cheaters that fly under the radar of the AC software in an open and transparent way. All you get after you make a report on Origin is a "we'll look into it", and nothing more.

Also worth noting that prior to BF1, meta sites could pick up the FF and PB bans and add the GUIDs to their meta-ban list, which become global bans for games it streams. All that's gone now in BF1. Clearly EA/Dice do not like global bans as it costs them money, which, as I've noted before, is the most important thing to them.
  • Kunstula
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    lucidstorm wrote: »
    there are amazing things you can do when you get an ''andrenaline injection'' and alot of training. I think I did that many times (these are special moments I try to remember) and I don't cheat. Once I hit a guy in the head while he was running and behind a narrow window, impossible to do for me other than ''automated reactions'' that happen sometimes.

nope it's just bad IMO. 10 seconds of filming is a joke.
    No, your misplaced theories are a joke. Those near 10 seconds of perfect aimlocking are enough to rule out any doubt for any highly experienced fps player. Anyone who thinks it isn't is simply ignorant on the matter.
    The 10 second clip is NOT enough, the spectator mode is not updated like the regular game, it's quite frankly rubbish, you need to give more than 10 seconds.
    Spectator is giving absolute minimal information....late, so tracking looks like a smooth follow but it's the interpolation between server info being averaged out that gives a much smoother movement.
    If you watch another player move around it almost looks like they're playing with a controller, you never see tiny quick looks left/right for instance.

Wrong!
    Even in spectator mode despite it's flaws it's still very much possible to recognize unnatural aiming patterns, how else do you think I'm able to see through these cheats when I'm spectating them? The problem is that most of you don't know how to recognize the (subtle) differences between pure human and artificially 'enhanced' aiming. Also, cheats (aimbots in particular) have become a lot more sophisticated through the years, so it's very important to know how they have changed and how closet cheaters use them now in order to recognize them.
    Here is another more lengthy censored video of a cheater (using a headshot aimbot and possibly ESP hack) who I encountered recently, it's not the same player as the 10 second video:

Post edited by Kunstula on
  • DwarfTaco
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah, I agree
  • Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thats not exactly subtle though.
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    If you have evidence that the spectator mode is low HZ I would appreciate it.
  • Stormfirebird
    vvzDwqV.png
    There you go
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    vvzDwqV.png
    There you go

Thank you for this, that does give 100 ms more wiggle room to cheaters when using spectate. On more edge cases it would certainly raise questions, but I do not think the potential 100 ms difference is enough to explain the pixel perfect locks on moving players in these videos.
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    http://steamed.kotaku.com/
    Steam bans over 40K players
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    No, your misplaced theories are a joke. Those near 10 seconds of perfect aimlocking are enough to rule out any doubt for any highly experienced fps player. Anyone who thinks it isn't is simply ignorant on the matter.

still better than a 10 seconds low quality film showing only you know what. Post more plz I am having a good laugh
  • BAITness
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

Definitely the largest VAC wave ever, but it is worth noting that CS:GO seems to be the most cheater infested FPS you can play right now (with even some pros getting caught). I run into less cheaters on BF1, it is just that a single cheater can ruin a game for 63 people.
  • kapitalistas69
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    i dont get it what steam has to do WITH E.A. OR DICE

• trip1ex
    4972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't see any evidence of cheating in that video. A few kills weren't even full health kills. He flanked a few newbs at the end that were laying down. If you look at the scores of the other players on the same team you will see someone else is 8-0. And someone is 7-1. To me the much more obvious conclusion is the other team was a bunch of newbs.

If you play the game enough and are good, you're going to go on long killstreaks because many times you run up against large groups of players that are terrible/newbs.

And from that video I didn't get a feel for the surround sound the player was experiencing nor noticed the visual indicators showing where bullets came from. Both are very helpful in determining where enemies are. Not to mention if you play enough you can guess where enemies are coming from 80% of the time and you know where the good hiding spots are.

• BAITness
    edited July 2017
    Look, I am not running into cheaters as often as some of these other players. I run into cheaters on BF1 drastically less often than I run into cheaters on CS:GO. But it is concerning that people can look at videos of players locking onto other players heads as they run around and say "yeah, that seems right."
    Post edited by BAITness on
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BAITness wrote: »
    vvzDwqV.png
    There you go

Thank you for this, that does give 100 ms more wiggle room to cheaters when using spectate. On more edge cases it would certainly raise questions, but I do not think the potential 100 ms difference is enough to explain the pixel perfect locks on moving players in these videos.

Just to confirm ... @Stormfirebird is correct.

The tick rate for spectator is 10Hz. Plus you need to account for latency of delivery. Spectating isn't P2P. It's client to server to spectator. You only get the actions/movement/shots the server has received. If the player is below the threshold (160/200ms), then you only see shots the players client determined where hits. You won't ever see the misses unless the player is above the threshold.
  • woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2017
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    294 ms.
    Nice to test reactiontime, but it has nothing to do with aiming tho.

Indeed because it doesnt trigger a reflex, however shooting at human shaped objects and reacting to sounds and being hit: https://gfycat.com/ShimmeringWebbedAllensbigearedbat

Though admittedly recognizing human shapes is the hardest part in BF1 as everything blends together far too well.

• Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I came here just to bump up this topic... There are lot of hackers suddenly on servers.
This discussion has been closed.