Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• Flyjetandkill
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I cant play a session nowadays without getting called a cheater and being spectated its sad.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    1107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA/Dice implementing an anti cheat now is like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.that said I do really enjoy bf1 when I get chance to play . The issue is going to be the fact the swbf2 hype train is in full affect and all their efforts are going to be on that trying to bring in the pre orders with hype hype and some more hype .If you are going to boycott a game that should be it .stopping playing bf1 changes nothing they already have your money.
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    @Farsight_02
    Calls nearly 10 seconds of blatant aimlocking 'proof of nothing' and 1080p footage 'low quality' rofl! Plz keep on laughing, the joke's on you

in 10 seconds you could be doing anything, like supernatural stuff, it simply isn't enough time frame, a hacker is consistent 24/7. Poor quality due to content showing basically only you know what not the ''technicalia''. if you don't believe send this to DICE, they won't ban on that. Btw. there is no reason to be mad man. I am trying to help. I hate cheaters as much as you do. The next reply without ''salty'' plz. It seems you are unable to accept other views.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I cant play a session nowadays without getting called a cheater and being spectated its sad.

Which is kinda strange.. everyone knows flying is easy and in bf1 its the way to pad your kd.
    Those guys most be new to bf1.
  • Kunstula
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    lucidstorm wrote: »
    @Farsight_02
    Calls nearly 10 seconds of blatant aimlocking 'proof of nothing' and 1080p footage 'low quality' rofl! Plz keep on laughing, the joke's on you

in 10 seconds you could be doing anything, like supernatural stuff, it simply isn't enough time frame, a hacker is consistent 24/7. Poor quality due to content showing basically only you know what not the ''technicalia''. if you don't believe send this to DICE, they won't ban on that. Btw. there is no reason to be mad man. I am trying to help. I hate cheaters as much as you do. The next reply without ''salty'' plz.

Rofl, "salty"...
    You really want to make it seem like this is a discussion where you're the very intelligent adult having a conversation with me being the ignorant child do you? Why don't you get off your high horse and actually learn some things about fps games, then we'll talk.
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Farsight_02

in 10 seconds you could be doing anything, like supernatural stuff, it simply isn't enough time frame, a hacker is consistent 24/7. Poor quality due to content showing basically only you know what not the ''technicalia''. if you don't believe send this to DICE, they won't ban on that. Btw. there is no reason to be mad man. I am trying to help. I hate cheaters as much as you do. The next reply without ''salty'' plz.

Rofl, "salty"...
    You really want to make it seem like this is a discussion where you're the very intelligent adult having a conversation with me being the ignorant child do you? Why don't you get off your high horse and actually learn some things about fps games, then we'll talk.

ok nevermind man

cheers
  • Skeater44
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    ^ People aren't going to stop buying DICE products because a tiny fraction of players abuse it. You guys are ridiculous and this thread is out of hand. How am I so lucky to play this game a few times a week for hours at a time and not run into hackers all the time?

Running total in 160 hours, 8 known cheaters, of which 5 are banned.

Constantly overlooked is the fact that DICE is in fact investing and looking into additional anti-cheat options.

Why is it ridiculous? This is the first game I got from EA since BF 1942, and only reason why I did is because my son asked me to. So because you are lucky not to see them (cheaters) are you saying that everyone else is lying? I have seen many some get caught and others have not, but if there is one obvious cheater, that ruins the game for everyone because it shows the AC is not doing its job and that is what starts the accusations. Could you please tell us more about the AC that DICE is looking into, because we have not heard much since that statement was first released, how long ago?
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Skeater44 wrote: »
    So because you are lucky not to see them (cheaters) are you saying that everyone else is lying?

No, what he's saying is the standard trope of "I don't see many cheats so the rest of you are hackusating legit players". Further, just a few posts prior, we again see someone claim that the real problem isn't cheating, it's the false accusations. It's textbook obfuscation.

I guess I've given up. Nothing will change and the only thing I can control is whether or not I participate in it. I just won't.
  • m270spll
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Are there hackers in game? Of course there are. Have I fallen victim to a few in the few games that I have played? Not going to make that judgement lol hell im still trying to get used to kb/m controls as opposed to console controls. So in all honesty its hard to tell if I am a victim of said hacks or a victim of my own poor skills 9 /10 I think its the latter
  • lucidstorm
    edited July 2017
    @Micas99 we again see someone claim that the real problem isn't cheating, it's the false accusations.

it's definitely more painful to be hackaccused, imagine you play the game only for that wonderful private server with its community and bam! hack accused and banned for life. game over, might as well uninstall game - there is nothing worse in gaming compared to it especially because you know you're clean like a baby (your name torn apart for no reason and you;re blocked from fav server, map, particular gamemode and people), but if the servers fills with cheaters it's definitely terrible as well (but again can be solved by a private server and active admins which is a paradox, I don't think software can in the long run, too many skilled programmers), what is harder is convince people you don't cheat (if they think you are), will happen to anybody sooner or later if they get good.
    Post edited by lucidstorm on
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    So because you are lucky not to see them (cheaters) are you saying that everyone else is lying?

No, what he's saying is the standard trope of "I don't see many cheats so the rest of you are hackusating legit players". Further, just a few posts prior, we again see someone claim that the real problem isn't cheating, it's the false accusations. It's textbook obfuscation.

I guess I've given up. Nothing will change and the only thing I can control is whether or not I participate in it. I just won't.

Yes, as DICE (w/BF4) demonstrated, 99 percent of the cheat reports they get are bad reports on good players. From better internet, to better hardware, to better connections, it's almost always a legit player getting the best of you in a so-so working game vs. a person using an aimbot.

A telling statistic : Since they've increased soldier footstep volume, the amount of people claiming wallhacks has increased exponentially as well.
  • Skeater44
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    Micas99 wrote: »

Yes, as DICE (w/BF4) demonstrated, 99 percent of the cheat reports they get are bad reports on good players. From better internet, to better hardware, to better connections, it's almost always a legit player getting the best of you in a so-so working game vs. a person using an aimbot.

A telling statistic : Since they've increased soldier footstep volume, the amount of people claiming wallhacks has increased exponentially as well.

Again, this is not BF4 it is BF1. And there is no chance that you are going to blame some of these cheats on a good pair of headphones or speakers. And please tell me how many people are statistically claiming wallhacks because of this in BF1
  • Kunstula
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's definitely more painful to be hackaccused, imagine you play the game only for that wonderful private server with its community and bam! hack accused and banned for life. game over, might as well uninstall game - there is nothing worse in gaming compared to it especially because you know you're clean like a baby (your name torn apart for no reason and you;re blocked from fav server, map, particular gamemode and people), but if the servers fills with cheaters it's definitely terrible as well (but again can be solved by a private server and active admins which is a paradox, I don't think software can in the long run, too many skilled programmers), what is harder is convince people you don't cheat (if they think you are), will happen to anybody sooner or later if they get good.
    I beg to differ. A false accusation is an annoyance that happens in the chat and can be ignored, a cheater spoils the game itself which can't be ignored. Also, I wouldn't call a private server wonderful if they ban based on just an accusation or a badmin who can't tell a cheater from a legit player.

• half_empty_soul
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    @Micas99 we again see someone claim that the real problem isn't cheating, it's the false accusations.

you do realise that both, cheating and hackusation, can be limited to the minimum by introducing a proper AC system but sadly there is no will from developers or publisher side. god knows why EA decided to ruin their reputation completly and become an example of 'how NOT to deal with cheating'
  • zangles
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    It's really quite simple.

1: No Anti-cheat client is available for BF1
    2: The existing FF anti-cheat measures relies on statistical analysis which has been demonstrated to be ineffective
    3: Anti cheat functionality in BF1 is effectively nil
    4: All games have cheating problems
    5: Having no effective anti cheat in BF1 means it's wide open to abuse
    6: There are large numbers of players all around the world willing to abuse video games
    7: There are large numbers of BF1 cheats easily available, plus forums, youtube videos, how-to's and so on.
    8: Therefore, it's reasonable to expect large numbers of cheaters in the game
    9: Cheating is much more subtle these days than in the days of yore
    10: Only stupid, careless or blatant hackers stand a chance of being picked up by FF
    11: Legitimate players who claim never to see hackers are naive and probably lack the skills to recognise hackers
    12: Other players who claim there's no hacking are, most probably, hacking themselves and are attempting to deflect attention away from themselves
    13: While no-one knows an exact number, the amount of players probably hacking in any given game are non trivial, easily enough to sway the outcome
    14: Tonight I saw two snipers firing rocket guns while standing up and running, out in the middle of a field, no cover, not close to anything.
    15: I didn't even bother reporting them as I consider it a pointless waste of time as no-one really seems to care
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well all I can say is this, vpn"s are alive and well. Esp seems to be working.

Now there are only about 3000 more players on bf1 than Bf4 as of last night.
  • Dregomz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    in 200h of gameplay i only played vs ONE aimbotter, idk what you people doing to find so many cheaters, it's same story as with gta online i had shitload of hours in gta but seen cheater only once.
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dregomz wrote: »
    in 200h of gameplay i only played vs ONE aimbotter, idk what you people doing to find so many cheaters, it's same story as with gta online i had shitload of hours in gta but seen cheater only once.

You are lucky or blind...
  • The_Patcher
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've played over 200h and I was never annoyed by an obvious cheater - BUT - in the last view days there were at least 2. Level 12 and level 37, going like 82-6.
    Sorry, I don't believe in such skillful players.
    In my over 600h in BF4 - playing mostly on custom servers with all kind of anti-cheat tools - cheating was never so obvious as it is right now in BF1.

DICE/EA - you are doing a bad, bad job...
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played over 200h and I was never annoyed by an obvious cheater - BUT - in the last view days there were at least 2. Level 12 and level 37, going like 82-6.
    Sorry, I don't believe in such skillful players.
    In my over 600h in BF4 - playing mostly on custom servers with all kind of anti-cheat tools - cheating was never so obvious as it is right now in BF1.

DICE/EA - you are doing a bad, bad job...

depends on what they were doing. I could do that in a tank (b/c I'm a tank ****) pretty easily and on a regular basis
This discussion has been closed.