Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Tsar DLC info and stream from Westie

Comments

• mihai2011rom
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wasn't choosing anything. I was pointing out that it's inaccurate and done to pander, and they could at least give them the funny Russian hat too since only minor players have accurate army representations anyway (France being the only major power represented accurately).

I want funny hats for all my Russian soldiers, female or no.

How is the black french assault historically accurate?
  • MarxistDictator
    2214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Senegalese Tirailleurs, 369th/15th infantry (Hellfighters) and all black soldiers from the US for that matter, had to enlist in either the French (most commonly) or Canadian armies. Making the black assault representative of statistically significant numbers of men from different backgrounds and countries.
  • MegaloDorian
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is the "Lantern Head" grenade in the CTE yet? I haven't seen any footage of it yet. I'm very curious on how DICE will go about on balancing it. After all, it utilizes a little over 600 grams of Dynamite, meaning it effectively has about 4.5 times the raw explosive power of a Stielhandgranate.
  • crabman169
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wasn't choosing anything. I was pointing out that it's inaccurate and done to pander, and they could at least give them the funny Russian hat too since only minor players have accurate army representations anyway (France being the only major power represented accurately).

Who is it pandering too? Dice in their research for this dlc found the Women's Battlion of Death and after reading through their stories decided they want them in the game. It is after all their game and their work. It's also a video game not a historical docto or simulator

There are a heap of inaccuracies but wow and behold it's a video game. Even Verdun has inaccuracies *cough US marines at Verdun in 1915 cough*

I mean ffs everyone clambers for the golden weapon skins but hisses like a vampire in sunlight when they see a black man or a women
  • l_water_l
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes Lupkow is on CTE today, four new melee weapons look awesome, a grenade on the end of a stick, a butchers cleaver, a wood axe, and a dagger.

How is a grenade on a stick in any way a melee weapon? LOL!

• l_water_l
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16

The african americans in ww1 who saw action, for the most part, were fighting with the French. Many of them had French weapons. The only real inaccuracy is they still wore American uniforms. More than 100 African American soldiers received the French legion of honor.
  • ScoutHunterKing
    107 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    sg2434 wrote: »
    Scout is female. Ridiculous.

Are you kidding right?

Careful, he's gonna call you a social justice warrior.

The fact we've known since before EA play...

Can't wait to see these guys reactions when they play codww2 and see Afro German women running around with pink Thompsons

This ^
  • MegaloDorian
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    Yes Lupkow is on CTE today, four new melee weapons look awesome, a grenade on the end of a stick, a butchers cleaver, a wood axe, and a dagger.

There should be a rare occurrence that when you hit somebody with it, it'll blow up instantly killing both you and the enemy.
  • kaliyl777
    1674 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There should be a rare occurrence that when you hit somebody with it, it'll blow up instantly killing both you and the enemy.

Suicide melee. Take one for the team.
  • Jayremie570
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The african americans in ww1 who saw action, for the most part, were fighting with the French. Many of them had French weapons. The only real inaccuracy is they still wore American uniforms. More than 100 African American soldiers received the French legion of honor.

Thats true. The harlem hellfighters fought with the french under white command. Pretty sure the US didnt want to be associated and thats why they were with france.
  • MegaloDorian
    edited July 16
    Interestingly enough, I recall reading that the Confederacy actually had integrated troops. However, Abe Lincoln supposedly really didn't believe in such, and thus the Union actually had segregated troops. If the Confederacy would have won the American Civil War, the American military would probably have had integrated troops for a good 150+ years now. Of course, equality outside of the military would have been quite debatable (the gray area). Not that this pertains overly much to a video game franchise that has never striven for complete historical accuracy.
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    Kind of reminds me of those old Japanese "lunge mines" from WW2.

Really, I'd say it should only potentially blow up if the enemy is struck while having over 70% health. This way it'll have some sort of utility while retaining better comic relief. Because honestly, it'd be frustrating if it blew on what would have been a non-explosive killing blow.
  • crabman169
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Interestingly enough, I recall reading that the Confederacy actually had integrated troops. However, Abe Lincoln supposedly really didn't believe in such, and thus the Union actually had segregated troops. If the Confederacy would have won the American Civil War, the American military would probably have had integrated troops for a good 150+ years now. Of course, equality outside of the military would have been quite debatable (the gray area). Not that this pertains overly much to a video game franchise that has never striven for complete historical accuracy.
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    Kind of reminds me of those old Japanese "lunge mines" from WW2.

Really, I'd say it should only potentially blow up if the enemy is struck while having over 70% health. This way it'll have some sort of utility while retaining better comic relief. Because honestly, it'd be frustrating if it blew on what would have been a non-explosive killing blow.

Ahh good to see I'm not the only one who knew about that
  • Private_UMPalot
    3682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The skewering someone with the lance seems to be toned way down in this build, at EA Play they had it on full lock-on, I guess for show. But the three good players I watched in CTE last night never got a single skewer from many attempts.

Also to add that Westie was actually excited and having fun playing Lupkow, where as JackFrags seemed bored and couldn't wait to get on PUBG.
  • RealDonnyTrump
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

@mihai2011rom is sexist. Ridiculous.

@sg2434 is a sjw. Ridiculous.

Trump-I-approve-this-message.jpg

• crabman169
    The skewering someone with the lance seems to be toned way down in this build, at EA Play they had it on full lock-on, I guess for show. But the three good players I watched in CTE last night never got a single skewer from many attempts.

Also to add that Westie was actually excited and having fun playing Lupkow, where as JackFrags seemed bored and couldn't wait to get on PUBG.

Because battlefield isn't the 'cool' thing to be streaming (which I still don't get watching other people play video games but whatever)
  • sg2434
    3689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

sg2434 is a sjw. Ridiculous.

Funny thing is you probably couldn't even tell me what those 3 words put together mean.

I could tell you what sexist means all day though. ;)
  • RealDonnyTrump
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

sg2434 is a sjw. Ridiculous.

Funny thing is you probably couldn't even tell me what those 3 words put together mean.

I could tell you what sexist means all day though. ;)

giphy.gif

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a feeling that this thread is going to get locked soon...
  • MarxistDictator
    2214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Who is it pandering too? Dice in their research for this dlc found the Women's Battlion of Death and after reading through their stories decided they want them in the game. It is after all their game and their work. It's also a video game not a historical docto or simulator

There are a heap of inaccuracies but wow and behold it's a video game. Even Verdun has inaccuracies *cough US marines at Verdun in 1915 cough*

I mean ffs everyone clambers for the golden weapon skins but hisses like a vampire in sunlight when they see a black man or a women

Because the Women's Battalion of Death wasn't formed until a month after the Tsar abdicated (March 1917), and at that point in the war no one was fighting in his name lol. They were trying to kill him in the streets with homemade explosives. The new government was doing everything they could to avoid associating with him.

The first map Lupkow, set in the winter of 1914-1915, features womens soldiers as a massive anachronism. And to pander to you know whom. They were very upset at the lack of women soldiers in BF4 for whatever reason, I'm sure if DICE had a time machine this is the thing they'd go back and fix. So they saw an easy out with a historical REFERENCE (since it is an anachronism as I'm assuming they're going to focus on the interesting mobile battles of this theatre, most of which occured before 1917 except for the swiftly defeated July offensive), recorded some girly grunts slapped a silly Assassins Creed style hood on her and called it a day.

I'm saying I don't really care since this game's timeline is already broken beyond repair and similar pandering inserts are everywhere, so the least they could do is put the silly I'm Russian hat on her. That's all I want.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!