Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Tsar DLC info and stream from Westie

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    2717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    That's what I don't get. Clearly you people don't care about historical accuracy yet get offended when someone points out the historical inaccuracy like it's a terrible thing to be interested in history.

Are you sure the most pathetic aren't the people crusading for digital minorities to be included just for the sake of it? Just a bug I thought I'd put in your head.

I already said none of the immense liberties and pandering inaccuracies bug me, but I am very knowledgeable of them.
  • Dogwoggle11
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If we don't care about historical accuracy, we can't get offended when someone points out that something is historically inaccurate. I know I don't.

Also, I don't care if these minorities are included or not. It is a VIDEOGAME; what I find pathetic is that some people get offended by something so simple.

They are going to get added into the game, like it or not. The only reasons I can think of that some people don't want that is because 1) they are racist; 2) they are sexist; 3) they worry about historical accuracy in a game where you can revive soldiers with an adrenaline shot and it's all good; 4) they are complete idiots.
  • disposalist
    5012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Of all the things that are historically inaccurate and reality bending in BF1, getting upset about women being in it says something about you.
  • bran1986
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The skewering someone with the lance seems to be toned way down in this build, at EA Play they had it on full lock-on, I guess for show. But the three good players I watched in CTE last night never got a single skewer from many attempts.

Also to add that Westie was actually excited and having fun playing Lupkow, where as JackFrags seemed bored and couldn't wait to get on PUBG.

I got skewered twice last night, it was awesome. As for Westie, he is one of the few big youtubers that will actually come into the CTE and play with everyone for any amount of time, you always see him in there when big things are being tested, the others will come in play a match and then leave.
  • MarxistDictator
    2717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16
    Yeah but then the question turns to 'so if you don't care then why is it an issue to you'.

Then you say
    The only reasons I can think of that some people don't want that is because 1) they are racist; 2) they are sexist; 3) they worry about historical accuracy in a game where you can revive soldiers with an adrenaline shot and it's all good; 4) they are complete idiots.

So I'm going to assume it's a lot more personal then you just previously declared

Immersive experience is not 'oh you can't respawn and no revives and you have to actually mechanically fix tanks haha' and all these other ridiculous strawman notions you think of (the word you're looking for is realistic, which isn't what people want) it's even more basic than that.

It's playing as an army with an identity that would be assumed of that given nation.

Apparently the height of racism and insensitivity.

I think it's insensitive that the generic rifleman class is not representative of the soldiers of the era in three of the main factions (America/Britain/Germany). It's a disservice to the men that served done to answer a question people who only look for checked boxes and not actual content would ask. A casualty of the stupid times we've landed in where racism is white people and fixing it is removing them. WW1 was racist for mainly including European nations.
  • mihai2011rom
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16
    If we don't care about historical accuracy, we can't get offended when someone points out that something is historically inaccurate. I know I don't.

Also, I don't care if these minorities are included or not. It is a VIDEOGAME; what I find pathetic is that some people get offended by something so simple.

They are going to get added into the game, like it or not. The only reasons I can think of that some people don't want that is because 1) they are racist; 2) they are sexist; 3) they worry about historical accuracy in a game where you can revive soldiers with an adrenaline shot and it's all good; 4) they are complete idiots.

Lib logic at it finest. "If you don't agree with me, you are racist/sexist/stupid." Classic response. As predictable as always. Brainswashed sheep thinks what its masters want.
  • Dogwoggle11
    edited July 16

Lib logic at it finest. "If you don't agree with me, you are racist/sexist/stupid." Classic response. As predictable as always. Brainswashed sheep thinks what its masters want.

I didn't say that you don't agree with me. Actually, I said that I DON'T CARE if they get added or if they don't. For all you know, I can be Trump posting here in disguise. Who knows?

You are a simple troll, so I'm going to ignore you and go to those who actually can present an argument.
    Yeah but then the question turns to 'so if you don't care then why is it an issue to you'.

Then you say
    The only reasons I can think of that some people don't want that is because 1) they are racist; 2) they are sexist; 3) they worry about historical accuracy in a game where you can revive soldiers with an adrenaline shot and it's all good; 4) they are complete idiots.

So I'm going to assume it's a lot more personal then you just previously declared

Immersive experience is not 'oh you can't respawn and no revives and you have to actually mechanically fix tanks haha' and all these other ridiculous strawman notions you think of (the word you're looking for is realistic, which isn't what people want) it's even more basic than that.

It's playing as an army with an identity that would be assumed of that given nation.

I think it's insensitive that the generic rifleman class is not representative of the soldiers of the era in three of the main factions (America/Britain/Germany). It's a disservice to the men that served done to answer a question people who only look for checked boxes and not actual content would ask. A casualty of the stupid times we've landed in where racism is white people and fixing it is removing them. WW1 was racist for mainly including European nations.

That is the argument I was waiting for: "it's a disservice to the men that served (...)".

Yeah, Tommy, who fought in WWI is saying up there: "Oh, man! These people don't respect me and don't appreciate my merits and efforts, because they added a black man and a woman in Battlefield 1!". Get real.
  • mihai2011rom
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I didn't say that you don't agree with me. Actually, I said that I DON'T CARE if they get added or if they don't. For all you know, I can be Trump posting here in disguise. Who knows?

You are a simple troll, so I'm going to ignore you and go to those who actually can present an argument.

Then you say

That is the argument I was waiting for: "it's a disservice to the men that served (...)".

Yeah, Tommy, who fought in WWI is saying up there: "Oh, man! These people don't respect me and don't appreciate my merits and efforts, because they added a black man and a woman in Battlefield 1!". Get real.

You just proved my point lol. How is it not an insult to those that served?
  • kaliyl777
    1808 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Then you say

Because there's black soldiers who died up there too.
  • Dogwoggle11

Then you say

If you were a cop (and I hope not) would you feel insulted if they added black cops in Hardline?
  • SvenEcc
    664 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Scout is female. Ridiculous.

Please stop.
  • mihai2011rom
    @Dogwoggle11 If we had the option to customize our character, there wouldn't have been any controversies or discussion about the subject.
  • Dogwoggle11
    @Dogwoggle11 If we had the option to customize our character, there wouldn't have been any controversies or discussion about the subject.

Sure.

I asked a question, though.
  • MarxistDictator
    edited July 16
    There are black cops and black criminals in hardline. So not sure what you're arguing there.

And regardless in this game they were shoehorned in to appease bean counters and other deplorable human beings who make a living out of pointing out how not progressive and offensive x is regardless of the authenticity. Basically just to deny some spineless human beings the mouthpiece with which to wax poetic about the injustices of the world and the intolerance.

I think it does cheapen the experience that you can't just play a regular German or British soldier with a standard issue bolt gun without custom modes. As a history buff I'm not really convinced significant numbers of afro Germans served to warrant their heavy representation, and I can't find much beyond a couple decorated afro British. So I'm not hugely endorsing it from my own knowledge, but I understand the rough political climate of such topics leads large businesses like EA to err on the side of safety. Easier to give into the people that will whine than appease people who won't complain either way.

It's also funny that you're so obsessed with color, seeing as any civil rights supporter knew the essence of the movement was equality and the first step towards that is removing that classification. They'd be rolling in their graves with how out of sight of that basic principle and racist the whole thing's become.

This is my opinion, just as you have proven your opinion is that anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot a racist a sexist or any combination thereof.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gotta love how simple discussion of a new map in cte turned into political shenanigans. You people will always find a way I guess.
  • mihai2011rom
    There are black cops and black criminals in hardline. So not sure what you're arguing there.

And regardless in this game they were shoehorned in to appease bean counters and other deplorable human beings who make a living out of pointing out how not progressive and offensive x is regardless of the authenticity. Basically just to deny some spineless human beings the mouthpiece with which to wax poetic about the injustices of the world and the intolerance.

I think it does cheapen the experience that you can't just play a regular German or British soldier with a standard issue bolt gun without custom modes. As a history buff I'm not really convinced significant numbers of afro Germans served to warrant their heavy representation, and I can't find much beyond a couple decorated afro British. So I'm not hugely endorsing it from my own knowledge, but I understand the rough political climate of such topics leads large businesses like EA to err on the side of safety. Easier to give into the people that will whine than appease people who won't complain either way.

It's also funny that you're so obsessed with color, seeing as any civil rights supporter knew the essence of the movement was equality and the first step towards that is removing that classification. They'd be rolling in their graves with how out of sight of that basic principle and racist the whole thing's become.

This is my opinion, just as you have proven your opinion is that anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot a racist a sexist or any combination thereof.

Nice bro. You said what I wanted to say but in a more eloquent manner. Anyways, if we simply had the choice like in CODWWII, there would not be a problem. I simply don't like to be forced into this sjw stuff.
  • crabman169
    9678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I wasn't choosing anything. I was pointing out that it's inaccurate and done to pander, and they could at least give them the funny Russian hat too since only minor players have accurate army representations anyway (France being the only major power represented accurately).

I want funny hats for all my Russian soldiers, female or no.

Who is it pandering too? Dice in their research for this dlc found the Women's Battlion of Death and after reading through their stories decided they want them in the game. It is after all their game and their work. It's also a video game not a historical docto or simulator

There are a heap of inaccuracies but wow and behold it's a video game. Even Verdun has inaccuracies *cough US marines at Verdun in 1915 cough*

I mean ffs everyone clambers for the golden weapon skins but hisses like a vampire in sunlight when they see a black man or a women

Because the Women's Battalion of Death wasn't formed until a month after the Tsar abdicated (March 1917), and at that point in the war no one was fighting in his name lol. They were trying to kill him in the streets with homemade explosives. The new government was doing everything they could to avoid associating with him.

The first map Lupkow, set in the winter of 1914-1915, features womens soldiers as a massive anachronism. And to pander to you know whom. They were very upset at the lack of women soldiers in BF4 for whatever reason, I'm sure if DICE had a time machine this is the thing they'd go back and fix. So they saw an easy out with a historical REFERENCE (since it is an anachronism as I'm assuming they're going to focus on the interesting mobile battles of this theatre, most of which occured before 1917 except for the swiftly defeated July offensive), recorded some girly grunts slapped a silly Assassins Creed style hood on her and called it a day.

I'm saying I don't really care since this game's timeline is already broken beyond repair and similar pandering inserts are everywhere, so the least they could do is put the silly I'm Russian hat on her. That's all I want.

And now we are taking the Dlcs know quite literally in a hope that it proves that the female scout shouldn't be in the game because it's historically inaccurate...

FAO FORTRESS 1914
    No tanks
    No planes
    No automaticos
    No Hels
    No selb 1916

Amiens 1918
    The Germans never reached Amiens

So yeah what was that about "muh historical timeline"?

Pandering to WHOM? Those that it's apparantly 'pandering' too don't even * play the game. Okay you can't use the maxim smg when ITNOTT lauches; how does that sound? Only one is known to have existed and using it in 1915 would be just totally mursion breaking right?

There you go with the picking and choosing; you obviously do care else why make such a big fuss about it?

Guess what; you and cry and throw a fit all you want. The Afro German and female scout are staying.

Don't like it? Don't play the dlc

Tannerberg is due out next year
  • MarxistDictator
    Lol I've said over and over that it's inaccurate and that those liberties are part of the game. Then you went on to list them as if that at all constitutes an argument.

I even lampooned how stupid and around the point ignorant that was, and you proceeded to tear that door open and stumble through it. Well congrats you are officially a certified tool.

Anyway, I only came into the thread because people were defending the women's battalion as historically accurate, which as the soldiers are modeled primarily as cossacks and other Tsar loyalist troops the fact that they exist in this expansion is an anachronism. We already have proof from 1 map.

But apparently I'm triggered by this, only it's you and buddy getting mad that people don't swallow the liberal agenda pulling at every aspect of life.

So be mad that people realize that the game is making gross concessions to inconceivably small minority groups (maybe 30 black soldiers in the German military of 4 million) just to avoid a fallout over them not being there. Because if this generation proves anything hand someone a soapbox and they will wax and whine until someone caves.
  • incapslap
    3459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16

Well, a lot of it is because they are pushing certain ideological agendas in games. Search 'Sargon Critical Distance's Modern-Day Book-Burning of GTA V' if you want to hear a good discussion on how far this stuff goes. And the other huge problem is that the agendas are being pushed on us by non-gamers who actually hate gamers, they just ended up in a gaming company by accident (i.e. they couldn't find anything else).

Keep in mind that World War I is one of the most significant events in history, and arguably the defining event of modern times. And Battlefield does try to market itself as a realistic war game. Playing with World War I was always a huge risk because of the tragic nature of it, and some people may be upset over what they see as a revision of the history.

I don't know that DICE has an agenda, they could be marketing it based on these elements, or they could just be genuinely interested in these aspects of the war. Women did play some significant roles in Russia, and in World War II at least there is a famous story of how a woman served at the Stalingrad river house (a house where a small group held out under extreme conditions against the Germans). I'm sure there are similar WWI stories.

It is also quite significant due to the Bolshevik influence on the Russian army, and on that era in general. Representation doesn't necessarily mean agreement. I don't agree with the inclusion of women in the army, but if it is represented in art I will just try to figure out the meaning and intent behind it. And I don't think DICE really has an agenda. I think it would have made more sense if they focused on the Harlem Hellfighters for a few maps, or a DLC, but I also don't think it's that big of a deal to have blacks alongside whites.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!