Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Tryhard

MayorMarionBarry
681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited July 16
KontrolFreak uses this to describe a style of play.
What does this mean to you?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Someone who doesn't know what's fun or has a very deviant version of it.
  • von_Campenstein
    1945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People going for and still hammering the 100 stars on easymode weapons.
  • huricanechuck
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    someone who will only use easy weapons "cough"hellriegal "cough" and only live for thier K/D.
  • InsecureRat227
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You want to win.
  • rock1obsta
    2618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    someone who will only use easy weapons "cough"hellriegal "cough" and only live for thier K/D.

Yeah, pretty much this.^^^^
    Or the dudes who use actual military jargon; "tangos at charlie flag!" & all that nonsense.
    Let's not forget the clownpunchers who bunny hop everywhere either.
    Tryhards can be amusing, but mostly they're just dbags.
  • mihai2011rom
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone who still uses 100 stars weapons/vehicles. When you try your best to win. Real example: when I get in the heavy tank ,in which I have over 16k kills, I can turn the tide of battle if I try hard.
  • mihai2011rom
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So jumping and using 10 star weapons makes you a tryhard?
    And all day I hear you clowns moaning about how no one PTFO and how you lose because your team sucks and your precious win/loss ratio.
    Sounds like a bunch of tryhards to me.
    Try hard=People who take this game too seriously.
    Includes most of you hypocrites who throw a fit when you lose a match because PTFO.

PTFO= tryhard

• MayorMarionBarry
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And all day I hear you clowns moaning about how no one PTFO and how you lose because your team sucks and your precious win/loss ratio.
    Includes most of you hypocrites who throw a fit when you lose a match because PTFO.

PTFO= tryhard

Moaning that nobody PTFO and causes your win/loss stats to suffer=Try hard.
    Interestingly, its this demographic that seems most vocal about how others ars stat boosters.
    Is win/loss not a stat? Are these people not upset that their stats are suffering? Does this not make them both tryhards and hypocrites?
    If you cant have fun unless youre winning, which is the sentiment most of the anti-tryhard PTFO heroes on the forums express, then you're a Try hard.
  • mihai2011rom

PTFO= tryhard

Moaning that nobody PTFO and causes your win/loss stats to suffer=Try hard.
    Interestingly, its this demographic that seems most vocal about how others ars stat boosters.
    Is win/loss not a stat? Are these people not upset that their stats are suffering? Does this not make them both tryhards and hypocrites?
    If you cant have fun unless youre winning, which is the sentiment most of the anti-tryhard PTFO heroes on the forums express, then you're a Try hard.

Amyone who's better than you is a tryhard/hacker lol
  • Skill4Reel
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is probably one of the most idiotic terms used in gaming for those that want to try and shame others that play better than they do, and also for them to try and make an excuse as to why they aren't playing the game well. Just because I like getting lots of points and want to be at the top of the score board, and I always play to win doesn't mean that I don't have fun when I play. Doing that is what is fun about playing.

Nope. We are throwing fits because we are stuck on teams with 20+ garbage players that aren't trying to win at all. Which is what makes playing Battlefield a frustrating experience, and what ruins the fun of the battle.

• illmatic868
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

PTFO= tryhard

Now that's a stupid statement. PTFO is part of battlefield.
  • Dogwoggle11
    964 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

That was a plot twist.
  • incapslap
    3313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When I'm playing at 110%.
  • Gmkillers
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone who uses the hellriegel....
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    It is probably one of the most idiotic terms used in gaming for those that want to try and shame others that play better than they do, and also for them to try and make an excuse as to why they aren't playing the game well. Just because I like getting lots of points and want to be at the top of the score board, and I always play to win doesn't mean that I don't have fun when I play. Doing that is what is fun about playing.

Nailed it. Tryhard = try hard, as in you try your best to win. You wont hear someone refer to themselves as a tryhard, at least not often. You will see people who label themselves as "hardcore gamers". When those "hardcore gamers" lose to a person who is much better than them, instead of giving them credit, they often write them off as a tryhard. Like people are supposed to believe being good is a bad thing they should be ashamed of.

So the only way to be "safe" in a game is to play on a mediocre level because we all know:

Bad players = noobs
    Good players = try hards

I swear gaming is the only place I can think of where you get made fun of being bad just the same as being good. I guess some random millennial realized there are no participation trophies once you grow up and needed to find a way to make themselves feel adequate. "Yeah, I still rock with my 5-20 round last on the scoreboard, I would have done a lot better if there weren't so many tryhards!"

If you aren't trying to win, why are you even playing?

• sg2434
    3733 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A tryhard is someone who has to use the absolute best weapons/bonuses/perks/attachments. In ANY fps game. They will not branch to anything else, they will not try anything new, and they will be sweating all over their controllers by the time the game is over. They try as hard as they possibly can to win every single time they pick up a controller and if they don't win then they'll have thousands of excuses as to why, and they'll likely challenge you to a 1v1.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sg2434 wrote: »
    A tryhard is someone who has to use the absolute best weapons/bonuses/perks/attachments. In ANY fps game. They will not branch to anything else, they will not try anything new, and they will be sweating all over their controllers by the time the game is over. They try as hard as they possibly can to win every single time they pick up a controller and if they don't win then they'll have thousands of excuses as to why, and they'll likely challenge you to a 1v1.

Weird, why do I get hatemail calling me a tryhard then? I have quite a bit of service stars on a bunch of weapons, swap often, including mid game. I recently switched sidearms and started messing with some new weapons as well. I do try as hard as I can to win a game but my only excuse as to not winning is the other team outplayed us. It seems more like the people who call others "tryhard" use their loss to said "tryhard" as an excuse to as to why they lost.

Now why would a tryhard challenge somebody to a 1v1 for no reason? Is it because they were called a tryhard by the person they slaughtered? I don't talk crap to people so I have never been challenged to a 1v1 by anyone. I do get hatemail though. Maybe I'm unique lol.