Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• Kamykatz
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Off2War wrote: »
    I Run the game at 1440p with everything on ultra except post processing which i have on medium. V sync is disabled. Have tried multiple frame caps which result in lower gpu and cpu usage but it will still spike occasionally for a split second. Its as if the game is loading something

Same here. I get these mini-spikes all the time. They usually happen when turning around fast or running into a new area. Otherwise, everything is buttery smooth and it also seems that this tends to happen more at the beginning of a round.
  • 0n3Gun3R
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 30
    Ive found turning off page file helps even on SSD make sure you have at least 16GB ram before doing so.

I have 2 Samsung pro SSD in RAID 0 with 1GB r/w still happens with page-file on.
  • 0n3Gun3R
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 30
    ^ Ive found turning off page file helps even on SSD make sure you have at least 16GB ram before doing so.
  • TheGamingRaptor3
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same for me.....random FPS drops after last two updates. Before them, i was able to run the game on 60 fps on high graphics all the time. Now.....medium graphics.....still fps drops...DICE, please fix this.
  • miveran_CZ
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yes same problems now... fps drops and drops game... 120 fps one minute ago 40 fps and brutal lags and drops... Dice pls three weeks ago batl 1 no problems no lags 120 fps - 95 fps. Now horror...

(i7 6700K, MSI 1070, 16gb ram - ddr4)

• xenome111
    2602 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    miveran_CZ wrote: »
    yes same problems now... fps drops and drops game... 120 fps one minute ago 40 fps and brutal lags and drops... Dice pls three weeks ago batl 1 no problems no lags 120 fps - 95 fps. Now horror...

(i7 6700K, MSI 1070, 16gb ram - ddr4)

Try different drivers and delete bf1 configs in documents.
  • FurDieDeutschlan
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Str4yshot wrote: »
    You are experiencing a cpu bottleneck, like basically everyone else. It seems like people with top of the line i7's are the only ones who can keep the game at a consistently good frame rate. I really hope they do some optimization b/c its kinda ruining the game for me.

I mean not really, unless i7 6700hq isn't top of the line.
  • PcPAirgun
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Str4yshot wrote: »
    You are experiencing a cpu bottleneck, like basically everyone else. It seems like people with top of the line i7's are the only ones who can keep the game at a consistently good frame rate. I really hope they do some optimization b/c its kinda ruining the game for me.

I mean not really, unless i7 6700hq isn't top of the line.

It isn't at all. Just a mediocre Laptop CPU.
  • JacquesVabre
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Same for me, sometimes drop fps. I formated, so new installation windows 10 (64 bits) but without creator update. Game fluide no problem. And after Creator update : drop fps sometimes.
    (I7 7700K, 16go, ssd, gtx1080)
  • FISHY12542
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The latest update literally broke the game for me. Same settings I've had since release, always played silky smooth, and now after the update it's literally unplayable. The game fluctuates from the usual 100+ FPS and drops to literally 1. Idk what they did, but it literally ruined the game.
  • EdwinSpangler
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FISHY12542 wrote: »
    The latest update literally broke the game for me. Same settings I've had since release, always played silky smooth, and now after the update it's literally unplayable. The game fluctuates from the usual 100+ FPS and drops to literally 1. Idk what they did, but it literally ruined the game.

It doesnt drop that far for me but still to the point of unplayable.. Last update screwed something up real bad..
  • BOOMgoesTheRick
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 10
    My fps dropped recently, no changes to system or drivers. I was always had around 60-70, now it's 30-50, can even drop to 5. I switched to directx 11, back to 60-70 but still get significant drops sometimes. Last patch or the one before affected performance, especially directx 12.

• JacquesVabre
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My fps drop : fix. I formated w10 without Creator Update and no problem, game fluid. I install Creator Update, again problem, fps drop. So I again formated without to install Creator Update : no problem, game fluid.
    I continue without to install Creator Update (my windows version is 1607) : impeccable.
  • EdwinSpangler
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LaDenree83 wrote: »
    My fps drop : fix. I formated w10 without Creator Update and no problem, game fluid. I install Creator Update, again problem, fps drop. So I again formated without to install Creator Update : no problem, game fluid.
    I continue without to install Creator Update (my windows version is 1607) : impeccable.

Could you explain how you do this?? PM if possible.. Thanks..
  • Ivaninhooo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello everyone ! My Bf stutters a lot on Conquest and sometimes on other modes.
    My pc:
    ASUS GTX 1050ti 4gb
    (x1) 8gb Ram HyperX Fury Black
    i5-7400 3.0-3.5 gHz

I thought maybe RAM is the problem but i dont know
  • xenome111
    Ivaninhooo wrote: »
    My pc:
    ASUS GTX 1050ti 4gb
    i5-7400 3.0-3.5 gHz

Bf1 eats i5 like mad.
    So probably cpu bottleneck and also 1050ti isn't powerful enough maybe lower ur settings to medium and see if it works and if u can run ur ram in dual channel it can help with stuttering.
  • Ivaninhooo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    Ivaninhooo wrote: »
    My pc:
    ASUS GTX 1050ti 4gb
    i5-7400 3.0-3.5 gHz

Bf1 eats i5 like mad.
    So probably cpu bottleneck and also 1050ti isn't powerful enough maybe lower ur settings to medium and see if it works and if u can run ur ram in dual channel it can help with stuttering.

Ok i'll try adding some RAM, i dont think that it's the 1050ti problem , i've seen it run smooth on high with i5 7400, i need to see CPU use in game, for now i'll try to create dual channel to stop the stuttering. Thank you for answer.
  • elStar123
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello guys, i have similiar issues and im getting really frustrated :(

My specs:
    i5 6600
    RX 580 Sapphire nitro +
    32 gb RAM 2133
    Msi b150m nightelf mb
    2 tb hdd

I have constant fps (about 70-90) and a good ping (about 25 ms), but Micro stuttering all the time. Before last patch anything was fine. And now Im just getting anoyed of it. Dont know what I can do any more, tried different things.

So i couldnt read the whole thread, but what we all have in common is that the Problems started with Last patch, alright?
  • xenome111
    elStar123 wrote: »

My specs:
    i5 6600
    RX 580 Sapphire nitro +
    32 gb RAM 2133
    Msi b150m nightelf mb
    2 tb hdd

I have constant fps (about 70-90) and a good ping (about 25 ms), but Micro stuttering all the time. Before last patch anything was fine. And now Im just getting anoyed of it. Dont know what I can do any more, tried different things.

So i couldnt read the whole thread, but what we all have in common is that the Problems started with Last patch, alright?

Try renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 3 in console/user. cfg see if it works.
  • elStar123
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    elStar123 wrote: »

My specs:
    i5 6600
    RX 580 Sapphire nitro +
    32 gb RAM 2133
    Msi b150m nightelf mb
    2 tb hdd

Try renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 3 in console/user. cfg see if it works.

Thank you, i will try that. Did this help People with same issue?