Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

A few suggestions

Fhurstinator
30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Alright im back at it again after i took nearly a years break from the game. Many changes have been made for the better and its obvious that the devs do read and listen to their costumers because the majority of changes i see have been things ive seen people suggest and want.

A few things still bother me, aside from the fact that I still cant aim for **** with my controller but i doubt dice can help me with that.

1. People arent playing their roles still. Back when i played the old games the engineer came with a wench no matter what as far as i can remember. Medics and Supports should somehow be forced to carry a Syringe/Wench. Why would a medic get to switch their syringe for rifle grenades? I totally get that the medic player will do because they are bad ****. Same with the support class. Whats the more fun option to bring for battle, a wench or a mortar/xplosive xbow? LoL.. DICE please just add another slot for gadgets and force a syringe/Wench/periscope into them. Add sum none demolishing gadget for Assault aswell and force into a third slot to avoid conflict.

2. Please add more jeeps and bikes.

3. Allow for screeshakes to be turned completely off. Its cool and all but with many maps being grenade mayhem all day long it gets tiresome.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    4582 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Alright im back at it again after i took nearly a years break from the game. Many changes have been made for the better and its obvious that the devs do read and listen to their costumers because the majority of changes i see have been things ive seen people suggest and want.

A few things still bother me, aside from the fact that I still cant aim for **** with my controller but i doubt dice can help me with that.

1. People arent playing their roles still. Back when i played the old games the engineer came with a wench no matter what as far as i can remember. Medics and Supports should somehow be forced to carry a Syringe/Wench. Why would a medic get to switch their syringe for rifle grenades? I totally get that the medic player will do because they are bad ****. Same with the support class. Whats the more fun option to bring for battle, a wench or a mortar/xplosive xbow? LoL.. DICE please just add another slot for gadgets and force a syringe/Wench/periscope into them. Add sum none demolishing gadget for Assault aswell and force into a third slot to avoid conflict.

3. Allow for screeshakes to be turned completely off. Its cool and all but with many maps being grenade mayhem all day long it gets tiresome.
    Genuine question. BF1 has only been out for nine months. When did you stop playing it?

I agree with number two. Jeeps and bikes are welcome.
  • Fhurstinator
    edited July 17
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Genuine question. BF1 has only been out for nine months. When did you stop playing it?

Uhh hehe well i played it like a madman during last summer, maybe for two months. So maybe closer to a 7 month break then i suppose if we are going to be picky ;)

Weird, i could almost certainly swear it was june to august i played it last year O_o
  • TEKNOCODE
    4582 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Uhh hehe well i played it like a madman during last summer, maybe for two months. So maybe closer to a 7 month break then i suppose if we are going to be picky ;)

Weird, i could almost certainly swear it was june to august i played it last year O_o

Lol. It released at the end of October.
  • Fhurstinator

Lol. It released at the end of October.

Wow.. Well i am closing in on 30, so I blame my old aged brain
  • crabman169
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Beta was August

You may be referring to bf3< as classes had locked gadgets relative to them (e.g. Bf3 medic had locked defibs but medkit could be swapped out with GL or undershotgun whilst bf2 medic had only the defibs and medkit etc)

Locked gadgets won't solve the problem; if anything make it worse (e.g. Seeing more medics ignore their medic duties etc). The only thing I can agree in related to all that is allowing supports to carrying repair wrench as a melee weapon as they don't get a bayonet either and they can sacrifice melee takedowns for a quite often needed tool

Yeah and no. Flag running is already an annoyance and there are plenty of times the vehicle aren't used; allowing to spawn directing into them rather then spawn on an objective and hop one is there would be a step in the right direction

Go to options and under gameplay go advanced. You can adjust screen shake down to 30% (I just made my 100% from 80%)
    Completely allowing you to remove it would be an unfair advantage and defeat the purpose of screen shake. It's not even that bad hell I hardly even notice hence I've jacked it up
  • 1ToxicBeef1
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Beta was August

You may be referring to bf3< as classes had locked gadgets relative to them (e.g. Bf3 medic had locked defibs but medkit could be swapped out with GL or undershotgun whilst bf2 medic had only the defibs and medkit etc)

Locked gadgets won't solve the problem; if anything make it worse (e.g. Seeing more medics ignore their medic duties etc). The only thing I can agree in related to all that is allowing supports to carrying repair wrench as a melee weapon as they don't get a bayonet either and they can sacrifice melee takedowns for a quite often needed tool

Yeah and no. Flag running is already an annoyance and there are plenty of times the vehicle aren't used; allowing to spawn directing into them rather then spawn on an objective and hop one is there would be a step in the right direction

Go to options and under gameplay go advanced. You can adjust screen shake down to 30% (I just made my 100% from 80%)
    Completely allowing you to remove it would be an unfair advantage and defeat the purpose of screen shake. It's not even that bad hell I hardly even notice hence I've jacked it up

How would it be an advantage if everyone could remove it?

Bf1 logic lol
  • crabman169
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Beta was August

How would it be an advantage if everyone could remove it?

Bf1 logic lol

Because not everyone would

A) know it exists
    B) change it

Screenshake is just other thing that make battlefield stand out from your average cookie cutter first person shooter. You can immerse yourself something no other game can match
  • Fhurstinator
    Beta was August

I do not think more medics would ignore their duty, i assume they ignore downed teammates because they didnt bring the proper tool.
    Wench instead of melee weapon is a solid suggestion i can roll with that.

I dont think flag running is an issue, in fact i quite enjoy the smaller battles around the further flags. Besides both teams would have more transport for quicker reinforcements. Getting pinned in by Snipers while trying to reach other flags on foot THAT is annoying. Fao fortress and Suez comes to mind.

Yes i have it at 30%. I can live with that but i would have prefered 0%.