No, its not like a bottle of ketchup.....

Comments

• sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 17
    sg2434 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    @Ram1c My bad homie.

@AllOutWar76 Lol. PS4 internet speeds are horrible. It's like a toy!

Yeah, it's only good for the first 10-15 minutes, then it's a crawl lol. When I got my pro and had to reinstall everything I had a timer set for every 15 minutes. I would go in to check, confirm it's crawling, pause downloads for a minute or two then resume. I can understand slower speeds when you are playing a game so you don't lag out, but having to update in rest mode or resetting downloads every few minutes is a pain!
    I even ran connection tests.

3.5 down and 0.375 up!

My Xbox is like 428 down and 375 up.

I might need to mess with the settings, but come on man!

Yeah, something is wrong for sure then. I just ran a test with BF1 running and got 105.8 down and 5.2 up. You have uber internet so something is going on.
    :'(

Maybe you should summon the network god Rev for some advice.

You should know by now that ps4 purposely throttles your connection when you're ACTUALLY using it for some reason.

I do, please re read what Tek said. He has insane internet, he should not be getting 2.5 down on a network speed test. Sony does not throttle speed tests.

I mean, he said connection tests. I'm assuming he meant the connection test built into the system, which does indeed get throttled.

orly_owl.jpg

Why is it that I never download even 1/20th the speed of what my connection test says then? And why does ookla speed test show similar results? My last PSN test was 105.8 down, I have never downloaded anything even close to 20 MPS.

I dont know? I don't work for sony.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Ram1c My bad homie.

Yeah, it's only good for the first 10-15 minutes, then it's a crawl lol. When I got my pro and had to reinstall everything I had a timer set for every 15 minutes. I would go in to check, confirm it's crawling, pause downloads for a minute or two then resume. I can understand slower speeds when you are playing a game so you don't lag out, but having to update in rest mode or resetting downloads every few minutes is a pain!

3.5 down and 0.375 up!

Yeah, something is wrong for sure then. I just ran a test with BF1 running and got 105.8 down and 5.2 up. You have uber internet so something is going on.

You should know by now that ps4 purposely throttles your connection when you're ACTUALLY using it for some reason.

I do, please re read what Tek said. He has insane internet, he should not be getting 2.5 down on a network speed test. Sony does not throttle speed tests.

I mean, he said connection tests. I'm assuming he meant the connection test built into the system, which does indeed get throttled.

orly_owl.jpg

Why is it that I never download even 1/20th the speed of what my connection test says then? And why does ookla speed test show similar results? My last PSN test was 105.8 down, I have never downloaded anything even close to 20 MPS.

But you are making it up. If they throttled speed tests, it would be impossible for the PSN network test to almost mirror the ookla speed test. Try it out, do a PSN speed test, then go here: http://beta.speedtest.net/ If they throttle your tests, you should see a very large discrepancy between the two. You do have to factor in ookla will test based on a server that is closer to you than a PSN server, but it shouldn't be a huge difference.
  • kaliyl777
    1910 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Anybody, the lebel sniper, do i get the periscope spots first, or headshots?
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Ram1c My bad homie.

3.5 down and 0.375 up!

orly_owl.jpg

But you are making it up. If they throttled speed tests, it would be impossible for the PSN network test to almost mirror the ookla speed test. Try it out, do a PSN speed test, then go here: http://beta.speedtest.net/ If they throttle your tests, you should see a very large discrepancy between the two. You do have to factor in ookla will test based on a server that is closer to you than a PSN server, but it shouldn't be a huge difference.

Im not "making it up" I'm telling you what's happened every time I've done a speed test.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kaliyl777 wrote: »

I don't think it matters but I got periscope first.
  • AllOutWar76
    @Ram1c My bad homie.

3.5 down and 0.375 up!

orly_owl.jpg

Im not "making it up" I'm telling you what's happened every time I've done a speed test.

Sorry for being a jerk. I'm all out of my aroma therapy so I am on edge. If you are getting a huge difference between the two, maybe you are experiencing something similar to Tek. @TEKNOCODE @sg2434 maybe you guys should contact your ISP. It's possible they may be doing some strange routing to the PSN servers.
  • crabman169
    10201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

20 periscope spot assists

Then

5 1895 sniper headshots
  • kaliyl777
    1910 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

20 periscope spot assists

Then

5 1895 sniper headshots

Thank you!
  • TEKNOCODE
    5700 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Ram1c My bad homie.

3.5 down and 0.375 up!

orly_owl.jpg

Sorry for being a jerk. I'm all out of my aroma therapy so I am on edge. If you are getting a huge difference between the two, maybe you are experiencing something similar to Tek. @TEKNOCODE @sg2434 maybe you guys should contact your ISP. It's possible they may be doing some strange routing to the PSN servers.

@AllOutWar76 Would be interesting, if so. My iphones, iPad, MBPs, Xbox, Marantz receiver, Samsung TV, Sony TV and Apple TV all receive a great connection.

I'll mess around with the router settings and PS4 settings next weekend. I may need to tweak one of them.
  • MrUpvote
    3924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Ram1c My bad homie.

3.5 down and 0.375 up!

orly_owl.jpg

@AllOutWar76 Would be interesting, if so. My iphones, iPad, MBPs, Xbox, Marantz receiver, Samsung TV, Sony TV and Apple TV all receive a great connection.

I'll mess around with the router settings and PS4 settings next weekend. I may need to tweak one of them.

The PS4 just sux. End of discussion :p
  • Rev0verDrive
    6050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 17
    @TEKNOCODE

It could be either PS Network or Local congestion. Check during non-peak hours.

Speedtest.net testing isn't about "speed" it's about "throughput" on the route to the test server.

e.g. How much data can I download per second from X server?

Richmond, VA ... 9ms away (comcast network)
    6461014266.png

San Francisco, CA ... 85ms away (comcast network)
    6461019114.png

Chicago, IL ... 49ms away (Cable One, Inc.)
    6461022440.png

These results will change depending on the time and day of week (users on).

PSN has a garbage network. And as far as I know everything you do with your PS routes through their network.
  • MrUpvote
    3924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @TEKNOCODE

Speedtest.net testing isn't about "speed" it's about "throughput" on the route to the test server.

6461014266.png

6461019114.png

6461022440.png

PSN has a garbage network. And as far as I know everything you do with your PS routes through their network.

Confirmed
  • xenome111
    2602 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How can I make my isp to change their route pls help.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    How can I make my isp to change their route pls help.

Do tracerts, save the results. Contact your ISP and provide them the tracerts showing the bad hop(s). They may or may not change the route.
  • TEKNOCODE
    5700 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @TEKNOCODE

6461014266.png

6461019114.png

6461022440.png

Thanks @Rev0verDrive

I tested directly through the PS4 at 8am, 1pm and 4 pm. Same results. I then compared to my Xbox during those times. Xbox was fine. I'll give it another go next weekend.
  • Rev0verDrive
    TEKNOCODE wrote:
    I tested directly through the PS4 at 8am, 1pm and 4 pm. Same results. I then compared to my Xbox during those times. Xbox was fine. I'll give it another go next weekend.

Based on your earlier testing, it outright shows PSN throttles. They'll throttle download and upload throughput based on number of users on the network per node.

(Total Bandwidth - cushion) / Number of users
  • x_Undaunted_x
    2360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote:

Based on your earlier testing, it outright shows PSN throttles. They'll throttle download and upload throughput based on number of users on the network per node.

This is probably something that should be brought up in that netcode thread. I bet there are a lot of players who don't realize they're being throttled by Sony. There's already a lot of people in that thread who don't know wtf they're talking about and would rather whine and say "DICE, you suck!" Admitting that PSN throttles their connections and it just might not be DICE's fault would put egg on a lot of their faces.

There has been a lot of times I've run speedtest and it shows I'm getting a 40-50 Mb/s download speed then immediately test it via playstation's network tester which shows I'm getting < 10 Mb/s.
  • TEKNOCODE
    TEKNOCODE wrote:

This is probably something that should be brought up in that netcode thread. I bet there are a lot of players who don't realize they're being throttled by Sony. There's already a lot of people in that thread who don't know wtf they're talking about and would rather whine and say "DICE, you suck!" Admitting that PSN throttles their connections and it just might not be DICE's fault would put egg on a lot of their faces.

There has been a lot of times I've run speedtest and it shows I'm getting a 40-50 Mb/s download speed then immediately test it via playstation's network tester which shows I'm getting < 10 Mb/s.

I almost created a cry thread about it without researching. Dice plz! Muh PS4 netz iz so slow! BF1 iznt installed, but ur netcode chngz hert mi webz!

Based on what I have read, I need to configure a couple of settings within the PS4.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    2360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Based on what I have read, I need to configure a couple of settings within the PS4.
    Mind linking what you read? If it can help me maximize my performance then I'll do it too (if I haven't already.)
  • TEKNOCODE
    Mind linking what you read? If it can help me maximize my performance then I'll do it too (if I haven't already.)

Sure thing. I'll test them this weekend. If they work, I will send them to you.