Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Tank Hunter Plane changing the dynamic of game...

Comments

• staRS-SirBob
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 16
    @NUT5ACK wrote:
    Get in a bomber killer and sort it out. If that AT pilot still beats you, then you're not good enough.
    This.
    It's amazing, no matter what plane a good pilot choose then it's OP.
    Perhaps that's because 99% can not fly and the last 1% have spent a long time getting good.
    Almost every time I see a fighter it's some one going full throttle getting shoot down by the rear gunner or ram me.
    A good pilot will always dominate a map whatever plane he choose. Same thing with tanks.
    In fact, most people wish to nerf good players by nerfing vehicles Instead of trying to be good at using them
  • NUT5ACK
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @NUT5ACK wrote:
    Get in a bomber killer and sort it out. If that AT pilot still beats you, then you're not good enough.
    This.
    Perhaps that's because 99% can not fly and the last 1% have spent a long time getting good.
    Almost every time I see a fighter it's some one going full throttle getting shoot down by the rear gunner or ram me.
    A good pilot will always dominate a map whatever plane he choose. Same thing with tanks.
    In fact, most people wish to nerf good players by nerfing vehicles Instead of trying to be good at using them

If I go up and can't beat that pilot, I'll ram without any remorse.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 16
    Ok so to get back on topic, tank hunter plane is OP now and should be nerfed. Agree or disagree?

TH APs are a bit OP versus air, but fine versus ground imo.
  • staRS-SirBob
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok so to get back on topic, tank hunter plane is OP now and should be nerfed. Agree or disagree?

Only problem is seat switching. This option should be removed.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    edited July 16

Only problem is seat switching. This option should be removed.

I don't know dude, that's a bit tough. Having the rear gun locked to aim backward only (bomber style) would solve a lot of issues.

(Oh and the damage model thing, but we already agree on this one)
  • Skeater44
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @NUT5ACK wrote:
    This.

Problem is that many that I have seen use it are not good pilots, when used with a cheat this plane is unstoppable. I have seen many that are using aimbots while flying this one shot wonder, and even if they were not cheating it's usually the tail gunner that un-evens the fight in its favor, so most of the time it has nothing to do with skill of the pilot in that plane.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    Skeater44 wrote: »
    @NUT5ACK wrote:
    This.

Problem is that many that I have seen use it are not good pilots, when used with a cheat this plane is unstoppable. I have seen many that are using aimbots while flying this one shot wonder, and even if they were not cheating it's usually the tail gunner that un-evens the fight in its favor, so most of the time it has nothing to do with skill of the pilot in that plane.

Have you spectated them before hackusing them? I can quite regularly land shells at distance and during dogfights. Practice and patience my good sir, that's all it takes.
  • staRS-SirBob
    edited July 16
    @Esk1m0z4mb1k wrote:
    I don't know dude, that's a bit tough. Having the rear gun locked to aim backward only (bomber style) would solve a lot of issues.
    Agree that could also solve it. Think it's to easy hunting other planes with a gunner facing forward. It turns the AP into a fighter.
    I have gradually become quite good with the TH AP and I think it's only against Bombers it may be OP.
    I would say only the best can hit every second shoot. I'm not there yet, only agains bombers.
  • Skeater44
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skeater44 wrote: »
    @NUT5ACK wrote:
    This.

Have you spectated them before hackusing them? I can quite regularly land shells at distance and during dogfights. Practice and patience my good sir, that's all it takes.

Of course I have spectated them, and even seen some shells where they seem to curve in the air, I would not have said what I did if I didn't see it.
  • Ulfsarkr
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The tank hunter mod is a pretty decent and fun plane to pilot. The problem with rear guns is that it has barely no blind sights and it shouldn't be like that. The rear guns from bomber plane can shoot only backwards, and that's how it should be with attacker ones too, as someone else suggested.
    An attacker plane can take fighters down if they have a co-pilot. Usually when I see one approaching I start turning to make a looping to shoot him, but while I am still trying to reach his back, the gunner is already shooting me and before I get there I have already lost my durability to finish him. Sometimes it's hard enough when the pilot switch seats.
    And if I go away to repair, he will come after me and shoot with the primary weapon and the gunner as well, because he can shoot frontwards too.
    The damage is quite balanced the way it is right now. So I would only nerf the angles for rear guns.
    The other thing I would suggest for attacker planes is to nerf AA damage that it receives from them. That plane has no potential to escape, so it should have more chances to survive by receiving less damage.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ulfsarkr wrote: »
    The tank hunter mod is a pretty decent and fun plane to pilot.
    The problem is very simple. Everything needs a way to counter other things one on one. One tank for example can counter another tank one on one. But a tank can't counter this tank hunter plane at all. If the tank had an AA gun, or a gun that would at least point up into the sky then that would be different. As it stands now once the tank hunter plane takes a steep enough angle there's NOTHING a tank can do to counter it. The tank hunter plane is too easy to use, and requires very little skill, it's just too powerful and easy to use, period.

And please, don't talk to me about teamwork, because you know teamwork in this game is weak at best. Also, don't tell me to "get in a plane and counter it myself". I don't fly in planes, I don't like them, and I shouldn't have to use something in the game that I don't find enjoyable just for the sake of countering some OP tank plane.

To the people saying "it's a one hit on the plane to take it down with a tank", I already addressed that. A good pilot will never get hit by a tank from the ground if he's flying high enough and paying attention. I kill a lot of planes with my tank from the ground. Most of the time this is because they're flying too low and taking too low of an angle.

• Knuckl3_Dragger
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't fly in planes, I don't like them, and I shouldn't have to use something in the game that I don't find enjoyable just for the sake of countering some OP tank plane.

lmao, another classic complainer.
    -
    "Dear DICE, please nerf the things I don't use in the game, K thanks."
    -
    Tanks didn't stand a chance against jets in BF3 and BF4 either.
    -
    Welcome to 2017, where the new-age gamers CRY about everything.
  • IllIllIII
    2472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 17
    I don't fly in planes, I don't like them, and I shouldn't have to use something in the game that I don't find enjoyable just for the sake of countering some OP tank plane.

lmao, another classic complainer.
    -
    "Dear DICE, please nerf the things I don't use in the game, K thanks."
    -
    Tanks didn't stand a chance against jets in BF3 and BF4 either.
    -
    Welcome to 2017, where the new-age gamers CRY about everything.
    I am an infantry only player, but i tried flying with the TH ap plane just to see what it can do.
    It is indeed a fun plane to play around with... i killed tankers with it and infantry too.
    But also i figured that the fighter is a pain in the ****....
    So it surely does have a counter...
    Still i do find planes a pain in the a** and it is an "easy mode" but only when you're good at it...
  • staRS-SirBob
    @Diabolus_Musica wrote:
    The tank hunter plane is too easy to use, and requires very little skill, it's just too powerful and easy to use, period.
    Get in a plane and show us.
    No thats right, you only use the easy low skill tank and now starts crying because you can't go 50-1 anymore.
    I can not take that seriously.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 17
    @Diabolus_Musica wrote:
    The tank hunter plane is too easy to use, and requires very little skill, it's just too powerful and easy to use, period.
    Get in a plane and show us.
    No thats right, you only use the easy low skill tank and now starts crying because you can't go 50-1 anymore.
    I can not take that seriously.

Lol. Look at his stats: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/Diabolus_Musica
    650 hrs played
    79% spent in tanks
    19% spent as infantry
    0% in airplanes
    25,000 kills in tanks
    -
    This is nothing more than someone that's mad cause they can't go on massive kill streaks in the tanks without really having anything contest him. Yet he's going to complain about Tank Hunters?? lmao
  • staRS-SirBob
    edited July 17
    @Knuckl3_Dragger wrote:
    25,000 kills in tanks
    54.000 (heavy + assualt) :smile:
    In fact, most pilots in this forum contribute positively to improving balance in air. last seen with the trench fighter.
    The TH AP is fine against ground. The SG AP could perhaps need a change against ground but the main problem is the AP ability air to air.
    With the 360 rear gunner the AP is almost a fighter and can take on every plane. The AP should be aggressive towards ground but should only have a defensive ability air
    to air with a rear gunner that can't do 360 view. Only problem here is if no one uses fighters and the AP can't dogfight.
    In my opinion, the AP should never be able to chase a fighter, but it must be able to defend itself
  • Anarchhyyyyy
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well now we are "we" what you going to say now ? I know that unskilled noobs shot me AT plane with aim assist. its not that hard to understand how they hit you %100 ACCURACY. So this is show how clueless you also are If you use that word (clueless) for insulting me.
    No son, you are saying that we ALL use aim assist. That is 100% not true
    -
    IllIllIII DID NOT accuse everyone of using aim-assist. All he did was say "yes" there is aim-assist available IF you use a controller.

Stop manipulating what i say its not make you RIGHT. i exacly say All "Good" pilot i didnt say all pilots!

Maybe I don't understand you because it seems like English isn't your first language. Are you saying that "All Good" pilots are cheaters? Or are you saying it's a setting in the game?

Just so you know, there is no setting in-game for pilot aim assist unless you use a controller.

I'm not saying all skilled pilots have aim assist or cheat. That was sarcastic what i say all good pilots. My problem is the guys who %100 Accuary while you move while you hide even behind a building or something. Maybe AT plane and all other attack planes just need back gun nerf so other planes can kill them.
  • staRS-SirBob
    @Anarchhyyyyy wrote:
    Maybe AT plane and all other attack planes just need back gun nerf so other planes can kill them.
    No.
    It all comes down to the pilot.
    The AP is pretty safe because most fighter pilots go with full throttle in to the rear gunner's sight and die within 5 sec.
    If the fighter pilot is skilled he will come out on top most of the times.
    It's all about keeping the distance and accept that you may have to attack 2 times.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    @Anarchhyyyyy wrote:
    Maybe AT plane and all other attack planes just need back gun nerf so other planes can kill them.
    No.
    It all comes down to the pilot.
    The AP is pretty safe because most fighter pilots go with full throttle in to the rear gunner's sight and die within 5 sec.
    If the fighter pilot is skilled he will come out on top most of the times.
    It's all about keeping the distance and accept that you may have to attack 2 times.

2 times or only once with a bomber killer :wink:

You're right, most fighter pilots are terrible and I think that's because most skilled pilots have switched to attack planes. So now 80% of dogfighting planes are APs ; funnily enough there is never an airship buster variant, only GS and TH.
  • staRS-SirBob
    @Esk1m0z4mb1k
    2 times or only once with a bomber killer :wink:
    Agree
    Normally with a gunner I will press "repair" to give him optimal conditions alternative change seat but not against a bomber killer.
    That is just asking for rockets in your behind :blush: