Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

one question for medic players? Why....?

m09-legendary
341 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Why you play medic? if you dont revive?
European players? So switch your medical syring for sometthing else? You wait for medic he is 12m far away. He Comes hè forget his work reviving? If i play medic i revive a lot of players. This bf1 needs more medics. They have ruined this game by assault. Bf4 is the best. Give assault medic syring. I see a lot assaults. And less medics. Fix this.

Comments

• rock1obsta
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    European players? So switch your medical syring for sometthing else? You wait for medic he is 12m far away. He Comes hè forget his work reviving? If i play medic i revive a lot of players. This bf1 needs more medics. They have ruined this game by assault. Bf4 is the best. Give assault medic syring. I see a lot assaults. And less medics. Fix this.

Fix what? The game isn't broken. It's the people who play a class the absolute wrong way who are to blame, not DICE.
  • incapslap
    3459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

Fix what? The game isn't broken. It's the people who play a class the absolute wrong way who are to blame, not DICE.

Well, it is a mistake to make the medic a combined class. When you see medics on your team they could be carrying a selfish kit instead, but without knowing you have chosen an attack kit thinking there were medics on the team.
  • realkelach
    245 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They should replace the melee weapon with the syringe for medic, all problems solved. That said be a medic yourself if you care that much. I personally got fed up of playing medic in shotgun infested maps... now I enjoy making those people cry.
  • xenome111
    2323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Atleast it is way different from launch u would pull all ur hair out lol. 6-7 medics standing on ur corpse no revive. :(
  • GrizzGolf
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I do because I like the points
  • Fhurstinator
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 17
    I agree with the OP. And yes dice are to blame. They give the medics rifle grenades and we should expect them not to use it? Any class would bring rifle grenades if they could
  • wiazabi
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree with the OP. And yes dice are to blame. They give the medics rifle grenades and we should expect them not to use it? Any class would bring rifle grenades if they could

Just to add something to this from my point of view.

Medics are given syringe this is a must have gadget then you have pouch/crate which is almost as important and syringe is non selfish you have em to help the team, then you have rifle grenades that are actually quite good but no room to take em ( would actually say rifle grenades are the best counter to grappa bunker problem in ops ).

Assault on the other hand have 2 gadget slots and they can take whatever they want and nobody will notice, on top of this they have acces to the most unique and easy to use weapons and we have a ton of players playing this super easy class.

I dont really see a fix to this without possible making medics to good like getting a 3rd gadget slot but as it is there is just no room for medics to use other gadgets than syringe + crate / pouch heck i even use smoke to help myself get people revived which is another non selfish thing to do but it is annoying to give up so much when you know people who play scout / assault / support still have 1 2 gadget slots they can use how they see fit.
  • Fhurstinator
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wiazabi wrote: »

Just to add something to this from my point of view.

Medics are given syringe this is a must have gadget then you have pouch/crate which is almost as important and syringe is non selfish you have em to help the team, then you have rifle grenades that are actually quite good but no room to take em ( would actually say rifle grenades are the best counter to grappa bunker problem in ops ).

Assault on the other hand have 2 gadget slots and they can take whatever they want and nobody will notice, on top of this they have acces to the most unique and easy to use weapons and we have a ton of players playing this super easy class.

I dont really see a fix to this without possible making medics to good like getting a 3rd gadget slot but as it is there is just no room for medics to use other gadgets than syringe + crate / pouch heck i even use smoke to help myself get people revived which is another non selfish thing to do but it is annoying to give up so much when you know people who play scout / assault / support still have 1 2 gadget slots they can use how they see fit.

I completely agree, the syringe on medic and the wench on support should come as a forced third gadget on these classes. I dont think anyone would argue that this wouldn't make for a better gameplay for everyone. Even If Assault and Scout only can bring two gadgets.
  • obisearch
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I value my life more than a dead man's. If your out in open or your in grenade fest lanes I'm not resing you sorry you have yourself to blame.

Also I would look to neutralise all threats before I res, so if you can't wait for me to ensure that I'm not going to receive a knife to the back and you quick skip then that's your problem.
    In my early day medics I found going for blind res very bad for my health, so I stopped taking risks. Also I see no point resing you if your just going to die anyway ( I.e. in a grenade spam zone,) that's just giving opponents more points.
  • kaliyl777
    1808 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Im down for making syringe automatic. I always have it anyway, but my other gadget is he rifle grenades. I figure, a player can regenerate health by themselves, but they cant revive themselves.
  • EdwinSpangler
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Incoming medic: 20m, 19m, 18m, 17m, 10m, 5m, 4m, 3m, 2m, 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 5m, 10m, "Incoming medic note disappears"

*sigh*

I know ive posted this exact comment too many times to still be funny but..
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The problem here is that people shouldn't be forced to play the way YOU want them to play. And even though I agree that main purpose of medic is healing and reviving teammates it doesn't mean medics can't use rifle grenades from time to time. The same for support. If you want someone to provide necessary help you can always politely ask your squadmates to do so.
  • hemiashby
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At medic level 42 ive finally realized how good the pouch is.

I only used the crate until I seen high ranked level 50 medics use the pouch.
    Then i read what it does and wow its so much easier and mobile.

I only use the rifle grenade/pouch when im going for the medal and I go lone wolf because a squad deserves a full medic.
  • ElliotLH
    953 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 18
    hemiashby wrote: »

I only use the rifle grenade/pouch when im going for the medal and I go lone wolf because a squad deserves a full medic.

The pouch is good if you RNG a lot but in my opinion the crate is vastly better if you're defending an area where multiple team-mates need feeling (meant 'healing' but that mistype gave me lols. Emo team) as you don't need to wait for the pouch timer. I actually started off with the pouches and had changed to crates loooooong before I'd hit class rank 50 for this very reason. Also, for selfish reason a crate means more points for me as well as being more beneficial for the team-mates in the area at large.

However as with most classes, kits and guns in this game just find what works for you. If you find the pouches better than the crate then cool.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

The way the mechanic is implemented is broken. I had zero issues with the medic class in BF4. You threw smoke, revived and moved on. BF1 is more difficult. Half the time the person you want to revive times out and you waste smoke or get shot trying to revive. The points for that class are not there any longer so why bother to waste time when half the dead give you no points.
  • von_Campenstein
    2273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

There's nothing to fix, from my experience playing this game people in it aren't very smart, they just look forward and shoot anything that moves, forget what's happening to the side of you or even behind you.
  • wiazabi
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    hemiashby wrote: »

The pouch is good if you RNG a lot but in my opinion the crate is vastly better if you're defending an area where multiple team-mates need feeling (meant 'healing' but that mistype gave me lols. Emo team) as you don't need to wait for the pouch timer. I actually started off with the pouches and had changed to crates loooooong before I'd hit class rank 50 for this very reason. Also, for selfish reason a crate means more points for me as well as being more beneficial for the team-mates in the area at large.

However as with most classes, kits and guns in this game just find what works for you. If you find the pouches better than the crate then cool.

Pretty much always used pouch and always will most likely.

Medic Crate + grouped up allies = bad

Its much easier to kill a bunch of people piled up on ammo / medic crate and pouches just give that mobility that is vastly superior going from point to point.

Not sure what you mean by 'The pouch is good if you RNG a lot'

Also what is this timer for pouch ? you can have 2 and it recharge ok fast ( wish we had a timer + how many we currently have like we do with grenades )
  • ProLegion_exor
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Medic is to difficult for most players on Bf1. They cant handle the weapons, heals and revives at the same time. Everyone is running Assault, I hate it. Absolutly miss the BF4 days.
  • xenome111
    2323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Medic is to difficult for most players on Bf1. They cant handle the weapons, heals and revives at the same time. Everyone is running Assault, I hate it. Absolutly miss the BF4 days.

Well assault with med packs=dream come true.
  • rock1obsta
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xenome111 wrote: »

Well assault with med packs=dream come true.

Then they need to take away all the anti-vehicle hardware from assault & turn medic into an engineer.
    Assault is the easiest, most user friendly class. They also have the best weapons, killer grenades, an AT gun, & Anti tank mines.

People need to just play medic the right way. DICE should lock the syringe/health pack so every medic had to, y'know, be a medic. How is someone a medic if they never equip the supplies to keep the team healthy? Without the health pack/syringe, they're just some random soldier without a task.