The ping allowance is utter garbage and does nothing.

krypticslaughtr
150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I played on servers to test it with 200 ping and felt little if any cons other than people not being able to kill me which a pro for me.
Not only that but EVERY time we play everyone ends up quitting early due to BS high ping OOR players who do nothing but degrade the servers making it near impossible to play properly on our OWN servers due to trash like getting killed behind walls, shooting people with it doing nothing etc etc.
And if anyone wants to argue that it "affects them negatively", here you go. If it affected them oh so negatively how does one 150 over allowance ALL GAME run around the whole game and going 42 to 6 then doing the exact same thing the next round too.
Meanwhile we have to deal with constant lag ad glitching issues.

Comments

• r0nin_Ts
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Anything above 120ms shouldn't be compensated in any triple A game.
  • BigF33t_13
    5563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    r0nin_Ts wrote: »

I say half that.
  • Kaabob42
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The ping allowances and current net code/lag comp is my #1 issue with this game. Anyone over 90 ping gets a huge advantage.
  • krypticslaughtr
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah but god forbid you actually point out the trash with evidence because Dice said that they are "disadvantaged" so it must be true.
    Just like all their "fixes" like dead spawns, shot through walls, fire through walls, stupid revives, invisible enemies etc etc.

Id honestly take others and my own evidence and experience to say high ping gets advantage over Dices word.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I played on servers to test it with 200 ping and felt little if any cons other than people not being able to kill me which a pro for me.
    Not only that but EVERY time we play everyone ends up quitting early due to BS high ping OOR players who do nothing but degrade the servers making it near impossible to play properly on our OWN servers due to trash like getting killed behind walls, shooting people with it doing nothing etc etc.
    And if anyone wants to argue that it "affects them negatively", here you go. If it affected them oh so negatively how does one 150 over allowance ALL GAME run around the whole game and going 42 to 6 then doing the exact same thing the next round too.
    Meanwhile we have to deal with constant lag ad glitching issues.

Pffft. Bro. Its obviously your internet.
    /BF Apologists
  • Ram1c
    3162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Crazy thing is I play on Aussie servers a good portion and let me tell you it's not easy playing with a ping over 240 ms. What helps the most is that my connection is really stable and I never get packet loss so my experience is pretty good because I've gotten the leading mechanics down.

Whenever my Aussie friend plays on our servers he doesn't do so well, but that's most likely due to his network, in which case the high ping on top of packet loss is the final nail in the coffin.

I don't know how much the ping cap difference makes, but for me at least, it's just that the netcode lately has been so garbage. I wish they would revert the ping cap back to how it was after the spring update, now all I get is wtf moments the moment high pingers show up.
  • ProAssassin2003
    1114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People still blaming High Pingers on there lack of skill. I played against a Team that had about 20 guys above 100 Ping still went 47 and 11. Get good scrubs.

High Pinger advantage is like watching Ghost Hunters for Ghosts.
  • GoofyMC123
    912 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

I say half that.

Seconded. After spring patch the game was amazing. Then they rollled it all back. Now irs like we're at square 1

Agreed. Tbh i think its worse now than it was at release.
  • krypticslaughtr
    People still blaming High Pingers on there lack of skill. I played against a Team that had about 20 guys above 100 Ping still went 47 and 11. Get good scrubs.

High Pinger advantage is like watching Ghost Hunters for Ghosts.

Bahahaha get good? Heres a fun clip for you of me having no issues taking people out as soon as I joined a damn Irish server of all places, notice how they have issues hitting me yet kill the guy RIGHT INFRONT of me without issues. But hey I guess you're right, theres no issues with high ping players.

As for the "git gud" argument, grow up. Not only that but it's ironic someone with WORSE stats is telling another person to get good.
  • AllOutWar76
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Latest patch turned the game back to poop, we all know it, even those who wont admit it. I wont go as far as to say high ping players have an advantage, even though there are times it feels like that. I often get quick matched into South American servers (I live in NA) and it's a 50 50 shot on if I will do well or get destroyed. There are times where I feel like I'm not dying as much as I should, and there are times when I feel like I'm dying more than I should on those servers.

Keep in mind, the high ping player is going to see you on a different part of his screen just like you will see him on a different part due to lag. Sometimes it works in their favor, sometimes it doesn't. In fact, most of the time it doesn't work for them. You may see a high pinger get MVP for a round or two, but how often do you see it? I rarely do. In the end, no players with less than 100 ping should be effected by high ping players, it's just not fair to those who invest in their network equipment and ISP package.

The game was perfect, ran like silk with no issues the first week they introduced kill trades. Everyone with third world internet whined and moaned so now we're back to square one. At this point, Dice should make two types of servers, 1 that only allows people who can maintain under 100 ping to join and 1 that allows anyone. This does not effect you from playing with friends as you would have the option to join their lag fest if you choose to do so.
  • bran1986
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 17
    The game just feels bad right now, you can join a server and it will be buttery smooth, but if a handful of players with 200+ ping that jumps up to 400 or 500 join the server, the server turns to crap. Hit reg goes out the window completely, damage output is all over the place, you get all damage received all at one time, and it feels like your character is running through quicksand.
  • von_Campenstein
    2985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can someone or everyone make a thread about this in the bug forum so someone at DICE reads it and we can get some improvement on this before the new year?
  • bran1986
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Can someone or everyone make a thread about this in the bug forum so someone at DICE reads it and we can get some improvement on this before the new year?

This type of thread has been posted on the cte subreddit multiple times.
  • r0nin_Ts
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

I say half that.
    120ms its already very generous, but 150-200ms is a big joke.
    Normaly you get kicked over 100ms in most of the competitive games.
  • crabman169
    10208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    June update did more harm then good in terms of NetCode
    (Still tryin to work out how the Xbox update was 9.7gb whilst PC was 3.4gb and ps4 7gb. TSNP wasn't event that big!)

Anyway its getting increasingly frustrating now; feels like the 'good Ol days' of the Brazil lag lizards whom squad up and bascially just hijack the servers.

Being that it's school holidays here (which I believe just finished) and summer break up north it's hard to tell if the increase network traffic is a problem or if it's solely battlefield or both.

Getting major packet loss and ping spikes which I never got before the June update. I'd get the occasional one when playing oor every few rounds or so for five seconds not for a constant five minutes every match both oor and at home.
    I understand that's on my end but it's was rarely a thing before June patch. I'll double check it's not my provider being a C.

Spring Patch NetCode come back; please...pretty please...

Anyway there obviously is a problem is a fair few people are experiencing it from a variety of locations and situations
  • MarxistDictator
    3085 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 17
    A lot of high pingers are so used to playing high ping they can exploit the compressed packets and delayed communication to dominate.

I'm of the opinion future console games need to disallow wifi for online play, honestly stability wise and communication speed wise wifi is too inadequate for a fun gaming experience.

Add wifi to the mess that is online infrastructure basically anywhere but Europe and it's no wonder only they have an advantage playing that garbage. It's other-worldly unplayable.
  • krypticslaughtr
    bran1986 wrote: »

This type of thread has been posted on the cte subreddit multiple times.

To be completely ignored by Dice in favour of fixing useless trash almost instantly.
  • krypticslaughtr
    Crab, that's still the case dude. Playing nearly every night with the other guys we ALWAYS see during the later parts, which would be early morning for US etc, of the evening a crap ton of 180+ pingers that play perfectly fine yet the servers hit the crapper flashing warning icons like a reactor's about to melt down yet funnily enough the games prior to said high pingers joining its all perfectly fine.