Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Cheating admins by creating server "rules"

Gosukiller774
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
Hello,
I often play operation lockers and most servers have their own "rules". They don´t allow many weapons like m320 or MX25. But there are many cheating admins who just run around with their assault rifle squad and dont allow everything which could kill them. They dont allow shotguns, or even bipod. claymores too. They just run and jump around recive themself and overpower everyone.
Another server was even more creepy. They didnt allow anything like the weapons i mentioned before. But if you pay a VIP slot with real money, you can use them without any limits.
And there are servers who kick you from time to time to make room for others who join. You have to pay a VIP slot to avoid this.
Not to mention the helicopter-lamers-admins who dont allow antiair weapones.

Comments

• Frogtooth
    477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Reserving slots for VIPs is a standard feature of the server, provided by DICE. Obviously DICE thinks this is perfectly ok. And really, do you think if I pay $70/mo for a server, I should not get to bump the line and go in front of the players who are leaching?
    As for weapons limits, it is not cheating if the rules apply equally to everybody. It certainly IS cheating if the rules only apply to the majority and the privileged few get to use whatever weapons they like.
    Banning anti-air weapons while allowing flying is pretty ridiculous, but again, if everybody is on the same level it's hard to call it cheating. What some servers do, however, is ban all anti-air weapons, and only allow their own clan to fly. THAT is blatant cheating. It makes them 100% immune to death since their friends on the other team who are flying are unlikely to shoot at 'em, and nobody on the ground can shoot at 'em. So yeah, those servers are not allowed by the Terms of Service which prohibit creating an unfair playing field.
    But EA/DICE are not going to do a thing about it. Not. One. Thing.
    So vote with your feet and don't play there. Tell your friends to not play there. Laugh at those who do play there. Still plenty of good servers out there. Depopulate those that engage in those shenanigans and they'll shut down soon enough.
  • Gosukiller774
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    And where are the offical servers from DICE? Let me guess... they exist but are full of cheaters, so noone plays there.
    Yesterday I got kicked with over 100 kills to make room for VIP.
    You got always kicked after you shot someone... very strange...
  • RustedRoot
    1783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Moral to the story: Rent your OWN server.
  • ThisNickWasTaken
    1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Use an assault rifle and kill them. If you run into a server that is always stacked, black list it with betterbattlelog.
  • Gosukiller774
    edited July 12
    assault rifles are boring.
    the entire game is bad. its all about the rounds per minute. people jump 5 meters out of doors turn around and shot you. often its more a exploiting the game than skill.
    and you see twice as much when you use heat-sight, because the texutres and the soldiertextures are very equal in color.
    in hardcore you cant even see the different between someone waiting on the ground or a corpse. espacially problematic are the moving corpses....
    and the sound is bad. it sounds always the same when you got killed, its like you got hit by a plastic bullet.
  • ThisNickWasTaken
    the entire game is bad. its all about the rounds per minute. people jump 5 meters out of doors turn around and shot you. often its more a exploiting the game than skill.
    and you see twice as much when you use heat-sight, because the texutres and the soldiertextures are very equal in color.
    in hardcore you cant even see the different between someone waiting on the ground or a corpse. espacially problematic are the moving corpses....
    and the sound is bad. it sounds always the same when you got killed, its like you got hit by a plastic bullet.
    Many would say that its more annoying to die by shotguns than assault rifles.
  • Slashette
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    seriously this is why EA screwed us PC players with their new games... the complainers and whiners... BF1 is a fail cause there are NO dedicated 3rd party servers anymore, So quit your whining and go find a NEW server to play in
  • ThisNickWasTaken
    Slashette wrote: »
    seriously this is why EA screwed us PC players with their new games... the complainers and whiners... BF1 is a fail cause there are NO dedicated 3rd party servers anymore, So quit your whining and go find a NEW server to play in
    BF1 is a fail because the game itself is absolute dog ****.
  • -Antares65z
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 is a fail because the game itself is absolute dog ****.

Why is it dog crap?
  • Gosukiller774
    its only about making money, pressing the last dollar out of every brand they own.
    this games dont have any deeph. no wonder every battlefield gets more causual.
  • -Antares65z
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 17
    its only about making money, pressing the last dollar out of every brand they own.
    this games dont have any deeph. no wonder every battlefield gets more causual.

You're aware that these game companies like EA are huge corporations and in the top 5 of largest software companies in the world, right? Which means they have shareholders and a Board to answer too. They're going to develop games based on extensive market research and what the MAJORITY of FPS players want in a game. The casual FPS gamer with average to below average shooter game skills and experience is their sweet spot for sales. What do you mean by the game has no depth?? What do you mean, no depth? Are you talking about the campaign or multiplayer? The game's netcode has to be one of the best, if not the best. The graphics, sound and animations are amazing. In terms of balance, it also has to be one of the best balanced BF games in the series. The majority of the rounds I play are usually within 100 tickets of each other. Often closer. Unlike BF3 and BF4 that often see 200-300 ticket disparities, if not more. I think most people who are younger and didn't play the older shooter games based in WW2 don't relate with this game, much less this time period. You're use to tanks, jets and helicopters and a hundred different weapons and gadgets, most of which are all very similar and most of which you never use. BF1 isn't crap, as in poorly made. It's either you like it or you don't. Chances are the next BF game will go back to modern warfare using this code and graphics and will probably have similar game play. One thing I did to spice up BF1 was to start focusing on challenges and earning other weapons. Those in itself have made the game more enjoyable, in particular the better weapons including the Ribeyrolles and Martini Henry.
  • Ravenousld3341
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 17
    Here's my view on this garbage.
    These badmins are trash. Don't play on those servers. I have 4-5 favorite servers that I enjoy that don't have those dumb rules. These people are just afraid of some of the content in this game, and can't counter it.

Also... for the banning AA. Just remember that PLD/SOFLAM + Jav/SRAW/LAW etc.... isn't AA. I also really bet it would get their panties in a twist.
  • RustedRoot
    1783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

The only one complaining and whining in this thread is YOU.
  • Slashette
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol I am not the one in here whining that a admin kicked me for using something the server they pay for doesn't allow LOL...
  • Darknae
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the sad truth is that is the whiners that gave us BF1. world class failure when it comes to servers. a community killer that should be BF1's nick name.

now, the game it self is beautiful, well made and has awesome sound (despite the occasional sound bugs) eye-candy effects. besides from the fu***** fog.
    too bad they had to ruin all this with the **** poor rented server experience. it's a joke. every aspect of the RSP is a poorly made descision.

now to get on topic, yeah sucks to end up on a server where admins would use the "rules" to their advantage. but there is an easy fix to this, as mentioned before
    go play on another server. we started up our Metro 24/7 No Explosive again, and yes we have rules, a whole bunch of them in fact. but there is no admins that will use them to his or hers advantage. if any of our admins abuse their powers they get removed from their position.

this is also the reason why people should only play on community servers, well known community servers I might add. if an issue arise you can just come to ours or theirs website
    to inform the management of what happened. if it happens on a "badmin" server well then no one will care about you. see a little promotion for the community servers out there.
    sadly this is something DICE neglect and more or less "force" players to play on an "official" server. well, you won't see any admins online helping you there though.
  • Mikex2112
    839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 23

Assault rifles are boring? - Assault weapons are the best in the game.
    -
    Its all about rounds per minute? - Although it helps,rounds per minute means nothing if you have decent map knowledge and situational awareness.
    -
    The sound is bad? - The sound in general or do you mean the "effects" sounds? the sound in all the current BF titles are superb.....But then again I have a decent audio setup with high end headphones...The sound is rather amazing.(In BF4/BF1)
  • RATATTAT
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    As games get older , servers become more "niche" .Take COD4 the servers are so modded by owners now that its almost impossible to find vanilla game anymore . If a server is busy they wont alter the rules