Unplayable lag

Mastranius
2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I have:

-AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

-16 GB ram

I should be able to run this game on 60fps but multiplayer is literally impossible, especially operations

Comments

• McFoaners
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So how many fps are you getting?
  • Mastranius
    about 20 and it drops to 0-5 when enemy shows up
  • McFoaners
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sure sounds unplayable. Did this happen before or is it a new problem? What are your cpu/gpu usage and temps? Origin ingame overlay on or off? What windows?
  • MORTE_BR4NCA
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1 it's bad optimized my gtx 770 4gb run bf4 in ultra 75~85 FPS in BF1 i can only run i low but fps is crazy when not have enemy close fps is 120~90 but when emenies its close fps go to hell, maybe DICE should look for this, have many people that have great settings but run game with low fps and bad performance.
  • Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 16
    What do you mean when you say "go to hell"?
    I have a GTX 770 2GB and my FPS are fine, ofc the performance isnt amazing but its not exactly a good card nowadays.
    Its more likely due to your CPU or something else.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    1063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mastranius wrote: »
    I have:

-16 GB ram

I should be able to run this game on 60fps but multiplayer is literally impossible, especially operations

What nvidia driver ?
  • Mastranius
    Driver version 384.76 Windows 10

This only happens in MP

I have only played bf1 for about 3 weeks

CPU temps seldom become hell (80+)

Origin overlay was ON i disabled it

UPDATE: I get 60+ fps on DM but again when a dude shows up BOOM im dead with 5fps and operations are still unplayable

• Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Go back to 378.78
    Also get a better cooler or atleast clean your case for a change, your CPU is massively throttling at those temps
  • DeLtAuk2004
    1063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep roll back the driver to 377.## I personally still use 376.33 no problems and a good case clean is always worthwhile .
  • BravelilBoomer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here dude. You aren't the only one. Mine would dip like crazy and a guy from a gaming group on Facebook has the same issue and he has a beast of a PC.
    Here are my specs : Windows 10 64bit,
    Intel i5 7600K 4.6GHZ, 16GB Ram DDR4, Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 MOBO, GTX 1080 FE, 1TB Hard Drive. Monitor Dell 27 G-Sync, 144Hz, 1440p.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    Same here dude. You aren't the only one. Mine would dip like crazy and a guy from a gaming group on Facebook has the same issue and he has a beast of a PC.
    Here are my specs : Windows 10 64bit,
    Intel i5 7600K 4.6GHZ, 16GB Ram DDR4, Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 MOBO, GTX 1080 FE, 1TB Hard Drive. Monitor Dell 27 G-Sync, 144Hz, 1440p.
    Do you use an ssd drive ? If not can I ask why not ? Seems crazy this day in age to build a nice rig only to dump a brick hd in it apart from mass storage hdd are done .
  • kapitalistas69
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mastranius wrote: »
    unplayable lag I have:

-16 GB ram

how it was before
  • LOLGotYerTags
    6210 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Do you use an ssd drive ? If not can I ask why not ? Seems crazy this day in age to build a nice rig only to dump a brick hd in it apart from mass storage hdd are done .

Nothing wrong with HDD's providing they are quick enough.
  • DeLtAuk2004

Nothing wrong with HDD's providing they are quick enough.
    Each to their own I guess , aside from mass storage though imo they are a waste of space . With the new nvme/ m.2 drives even ssd is getting dated .putting hdd in a new rig seems counter intuitive.again that's just me . Each has a choice and money makes choices usually.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    6210 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    edited July 17
    idk.. I have 2x 4TB HDD's and they are pretty quick @7200RPM

Not everybody can throw money at their PC to get things like M2 drives, Or even SSD's and have to make do with what their budget allows.

The trick with HDD's is not to fill them to capacity and to do regular disk defrag ( once a week for an average user, More frequently if you constantly shift files around )

I always chuck in a few HDD's on every new build, SSD for OS and maybe one more SSD for games that are quite large ( Titanfall / BF1 etc ), Games that are around 25GB or less just gets thrown into one of the HDD's which will have a partition dedicated to games storage.
  • MHbluey
    602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    OP - I'm going to say something you don't want to hear

that CPU is too weak, sorry, it is even beaten by a new i3

you could get a cheap used intel i5/i7 cpu / mobo and see big gains

ditch old AMD set ups if you want high FPS
  • DeLtAuk2004
    idk.. I have 2x 4TB HDD's and they are pretty quick @7200RPM

Not everybody can throw money at their PC to get things like M2 drives, Or even SSD's and have to make do with what their budget allows.

The trick with HDD's is not to fill them to capacity and to do regular disk defrag ( once a week for an average user, More frequently if you constantly shift files around )

I always chuck in a few HDD's on every new build, SSD for OS and maybe one more SSD for games that are quite large ( Titanfall / BF1 etc ), Games that are around 25GB or less just gets thrown into one of the HDD's which will have a partition dedicated to games storage.

Yeah I'm not trying to be argumentative and I understand not everyone is a rockerfeller but if you can afford 1080,s and Kaby lake and new stuff like that it's not to far a stretch to get a nice ssd , like I said for mass storage you don't need anything else I agree, when I had HDD's I used raid and that was quite effective but even then your looking at at least 6 times slower than an ssd . Again each to their own just curious of the thinking behind having a tight build then holding it back with old technology . Not trying to be judgemental or condescending.
  • cayxox
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 17
    Hi everyone,
    I think this is gone off topic. Its nowt to do with ssd's, or anything like that. We all have pc's that SHOULD run BF1, and some do and some don't. DICE have messed up. How can the Xbox One version run better?
  • DeLtAuk2004
    edited July 17
    cayxox wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I think this is gone off topic. Its nowt to do with ssd's, or anything like that. We all have pc's that SHOULD run BF1, and some do and some don't. DICE have messed up. How can the Xbox One version run better?

It doesn't I've played the Xbox version makes me laugh now when I think about it .
    The game works fine for me and many others while some have issues what does that tell you ? And I would refrain from using profanity.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @cayxox
    Friendly warning here.

I would recommend *NOT* swearing as this will result in infractions being issued which can ( and will ) restrict your ability to post, Up to being issued with a suspension
    ( upon repeated violations )

I will edit your post for you on this occasion however please note that further swearing will result in an infraction being placed upon your account.

Thank you.