Weekly Debrief

Tank Hunter Plane changing the dynamic of game...

Comments

• Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    ......Well I wanted to match your ridiculous statements. Didn't want to feel left out.

I'm not sure how this post adds to the discussion. If you'd like to offer a counter argument to my previous statements feel free to do so. Attempting to insult me really accomplishes nothing. Again, my points:

1. The tank has no counter one-on-one against the tank hunter attack plane that's attacking it.
    2. The tank hunter attack plane does too much damage now.
    3. The tank hunter attack plane is too easy to use, given the massive damage it does now and the increased speed of the rounds.
    4. The AA is largely ineffective against planes given it's poor range.
    5. The AA can't be repaired so once it's destroyed that's it, no more AA.

Now if you have something valuable to add to the discussion please do so. And by "valuable" I don't mean mocking my game stats, resorting to personal attacks, describing my opinions as "moaning", etc.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Diabolus_Musica wrote:
    Now if you have something valuable to add to the discussion please do so. And by "valuable" I don't mean mocking my game stats, resorting to personal attacks, describing my opinions as "moaning", etc.
    What do you expect when you don't know anything about flying but have an opinion and I quote.
    The tank hunter plane is too easy to use, and requires very little skill, it's just too powerful and easy to use, period.
    It is simply disrespectful.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    1. The tank has no counter one-on-one against the tank hunter attack plane that's attacking it.
    Gosh, sounds like it's setup like it was in WW 1
    Really? Show me proof? Oh wait you can't
    3. The tank hunter attack plane is too easy to use, given the massive damage it does now and the increased speed of the rounds.
    You never flew one so you have NO CLUE
    Lmao, again NO CLUE. They increased the SAA range (fact) and it's ceiling has a higher elevation that the AP (also a fact)
    100% WRONG. I repair SAA's all day long with wrench
    -
    Is there anything else I can help correct you with? Apparently you're the on that has nothing valuable to add

• Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    @Diabolus_Musica wrote:
    What do you expect when you don't know anything about flying but have an opinion and I quote.
    The tank hunter plane is too easy to use, and requires very little skill, it's just too powerful and easy to use, period.
    It is simply disrespectful.

So if I have no skill at all using planes in this game yet I'm able to get into one and kill a tank in a matter of seconds doesn't that say something? What do I need to know about planes exactly when I can kill a tank easily with one despite having no time in planes? I'm not sure what's disrespectful about that comment. It's an observation. Are you going to contribute to this discussion or just keep making comments about me?
  • Diabolus_Musica
    edited July 2017
    Gosh, sounds like it's setup like it was in WW 1
    Really? Show me proof? Oh wait you can't
    You never flew one so you have NO CLUE
    Lmao, again NO CLUE. They increased the SAA range (fact) and it's ceiling has a higher elevation that the AP (also a fact)
    100% WRONG. I repair SAA's all day long with wrench
    -
    Is there anything else I can help correct you with? Apparently you're the on that has nothing valuable to add

Why so confrontational? You can't just make observations without throwing in some snide comment. You want proof that the plane does too much damage now? How do I prove an opinion exactly? Guess he got me there, I can't PROVE my OPINION.

I have no clue since I never flew one? I just said I got in one and killed a tank with ease, that's the only clue I need. I just tested it myself. I need to be a plane expert to realize how easy it is to use one? How does that make any sense?

Maybe you're supposed to be able to repair AA but as it stands now there's a bug preventing it, unless they fixed this recently and I wasn't aware of it. But OK, let's say that's true, nobody uses them anyway lol. So you can tell me to use teamwork but we both know that's rare in this game.
    Post edited by Diabolus_Musica on
  • TullusHostilus
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    ......Well I wanted to match your ridiculous statements. Didn't want to feel left out.

I'm not sure how this post adds to the discussion. If you'd like to offer a counter argument to my previous statements feel free to do so. Attempting to insult me really accomplishes nothing. Again, my points:

Tank hunters(at any state of buff or nerf) will win the overwhelming majority of times 1v1 with a tank, as they should. Tanks can still get opportunistic kills on air like they always have, but you cant expect to win 1v1 against a target who wont give you an opportunity to hit them. You can angle your tank vertical on rocks or other stuff, but air will always have the advantage. That's just the nature of air vs armor balance.

I like the upgraded speed to its shells and I hope it stays. I love assault tanks too. In fact I just wish battlefield had more vehicles and quicker respawns. Maybe even a new type of anti air vehicle, though I dont know what that would or could look like.

The stationary AA bug is terrible and needs to be fixed, but mobile AA is a real problem for any plane.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    226 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Knuckl3_Dragger @staRS-SirBob Guys you took the bait. There is nothing more to say to him, all he wants is to nerf any counter to tanks.

To get back on subject, the TH AP is clearly broken versus air. I just recorded 2 clips showing that, but I'm not sure that's a good idea to show that to people, my poor bomber don't need more pain.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Knuckl3_Dragger @staRS-SirBob Guys you took the bait. There is nothing more to say to him, all he wants is to nerf any counter to tanks.

To get back on subject, the TH AP is clearly broken versus air. I just recorded 2 clips showing that, but I'm not sure that's a good idea to show that to people, my poor bomber don't need more pain.
    hehe you're right.
  • Flyjetandkill
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel sorry for the light tanks and trucks they can be killed in one pass.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    226 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @staRS-SirBob Check this, perfect illustration of the kind of overpower I rant about.

- 1 shot on an AP

- 90 damage shot on a bomber
  • SirBobdk
    edited July 2017
    @Esk1m0z4mb1k wrote
    Check this, perfect illustration of the kind of overpower I rant about.
    @Esk1m0z4mb1k , Yaa I do agree. I'm beginning to be able to do the same.
    But you still have to hit exactly at the airframe.
    Most of the times I hit the wings and have to do a second shoot.
    But in any case, it's not the TH AP's role to hunt other planes and it should never be a one shoot kill.
  • Diabolus_Musica

Tank hunters(at any state of buff or nerf) will win the overwhelming majority of times 1v1 with a tank, as they should. Tanks can still get opportunistic kills on air like they always have, but you cant expect to win 1v1 against a target who wont give you an opportunity to hit them. You can angle your tank vertical on rocks or other stuff, but air will always have the advantage. That's just the nature of air vs armor balance.

I like the upgraded speed to its shells and I hope it stays. I love assault tanks too. In fact I just wish battlefield had more vehicles and quicker respawns. Maybe even a new type of anti air vehicle, though I dont know what that would or could look like.

The stationary AA bug is terrible and needs to be fixed, but mobile AA is a real problem for any plane.

Air will always have the advantage over a tank, agree completely. I'm not asking for an overwhelming tank advantage, I'm just asking that they make it (in MY opinion) a little more balanced. Also agree with more vehicles and quicker respawns. I enjoy the vehicles a lot in Battlefield games.
  • Diabolus_Musica

He didn't take the bait lol. I made some comments, they disagreed and rather than post valid counter points they decided to 1) attack me personally 2) talk down to me with snide comments, and 3) mock my in-game stats. I'm not trolling, I'm offering valid observations about a plane in the game that in my opinion is unbalanced. I still don't see any valid counter arguments. Here's what I've seen so far:

1. "Use team work". OK we all know that's laughable in this game.
    2. "Get in a plane yourself and do something about it". I'm not a pilot and I find it boring so no, lol I'm not doing that. That's not how I choose to play this game. When I kill assaults they don't "get in a tank and do something about it". Even if they did I'd probably kill them.
    3. "You have XXX tank kills so that's why you want the tank to be invincible". I want it to be BALANCED. No ONE PERSON should be able to destroy a tank.
    4. "You've never flown planes so you can't comment on them". Is that a joke? I'm the one being hammered by them constantly, I think I can comment on them.

Now if you guys want to post some valid counter points to my observations I'd love to see them.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    edited July 2017
    I feel sorry for the light tanks and trucks they can be killed in one pass.

Correct, that's because as it stands now that plane is just too strong and too easy to use effectively. That's really one of my points.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    People here can snipe and make nasty comments towards each other but at least Dice does track this stuff as it affects everyone on all platforms, so when the TH AP racks up a massive kill streak on all game types they will nerf the TH AP like the did with the TF awhile ago. No arguments here will have any effect in the next patch be it in August or September or whenever Dice decides to act.
  • Diabolus_Musica

I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    People here can snipe and make nasty comments towards each other but at least Dice does track this stuff as it affects everyone on all platforms, so when the TH AP racks up a massive kill streak on all game types they will nerf the TH AP like the did with the TF awhile ago. No arguments here will have any effect in the next patch be it in August or September or whenever Dice decides to act.
    Very true. I do think it's useful to open these types of discussions here since the devs do read these forums. Too bad most people would rather just throw around insults rather than comment on the actual topic. But, as you said, in the end Dice will look at the stats and balance accordingly which they've already demonstrated they actually do. As for this specific issue they've already acknowledged that the tank hunter attack plane needs balance and that they're looking into it.
  • S1n31ra
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The planes in BF1 are for people who lack confidence and need to believe they're good at something.
    Now if they implemented a proper counter weapon it might be ok but as it is now with planes flying largely unopposed it's just dumb.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    S1n31ra wrote: »
    The planes in BF1 are for people who lack confidence and need to believe they're good at something.
    Now if they implemented a proper counter weapon it might be ok but as it is now with planes flying largely unopposed it's just dumb.

Some people would say the same thing about tanks. Difference is there are plenty of counters to a tank and not many to these planes. People have suggested increasing the damage a ground soldier can do to them with small arms fire. That might be one way to fix this issue, I don't know. One thing's for sure, they should have just left the tank hunter attack plane the way it was before. At least we know a balance fix for this is forthcoming.

These planes are even ridiculous against other planes now, as the videos posted in this forum show. 90 damage to a bomber in one shot? That sounds too high to me.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anything that destroys tanks(esp the campers) is welcome!
  • SirBobdk
    edited July 2017
    @S1n31ra wrote:
    The MAA is every pilot's nightmare but people choose the tank.
    AP can't take on the MAA, it's too strong and with the change of vertical range it's also hard for the Bomber
    @Diabolus_Musica wrote:
    These planes are even ridiculous against other planes now, as the videos posted in this forum show. 90 damage to a bomber in one shot? That sounds too high to me.
    Agree the damage towards other planes is to high and it's wrong. Problem is that if they nerf the TH AP pilots will swift back to the GS AP and I think best balance is obtained if all planes are represented and not just the GS AP.
    The nerf of the Trench fighter is an good example. It needed to be nerfed but they overdid it resulting in no one using it anymore.
    Pilots use the TH AP because it's fun and not because of the number of kills. As a pilot you can get twice as many kills with the GS AP.

In general, this game has a problem with vehicle balance both planes and tanks.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on