Weekly Debrief

Tank Hunter Plane changing the dynamic of game...

Comments

• Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shoot at them.
    I do agree but this thread is about the damage the TH AP does against a Tank.

And the counter to that is for the tank's supporting infantry to shoot at the plane. Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Which I've said, and that would be acceptable if they did SLIGHTLY more damage, and the main cannon on the tank hunter attack plane either did slightly less damage, or the speed of the round was reduced.
  • Flyjetandkill
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bomber 1 Hit kill:
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    226 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bomber 1 Hit kill:

And then some people tell me "it's working as intented" lmao
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bomber 1 Hit kill:

Thanks for the video. I like how people are saying he's cheating lol.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Diabolus_Musica
    No his not. We all "one hit" kills other planes and it seems wrong.
    But it's not as easy as it looks with AA and other planes and especially dogfight requires training.
    But the video also shows the problem with the 360 gunner.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    edited July 2017
    @Diabolus_Musica
    No his not. We all "one hit" kills other planes and it seems wrong.
    But it's not as easy as it looks with AA and other planes and especially dogfight requires training.
    But the video also shows the problem with the 360 gunner.
    What? I didn't say he was cheating. I said I think it's funny that people think he is. Lol I watched the video, he's not cheating.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    @Diabolus_Musica
    What? I didn't say he was cheating. I said I think it's funny that people think he is. Lol I watched the video, he's not cheating.
    Sorry You misunderstood me.
    I know you didn't
    I just tried to confirmed your statement that it was funny that people think he's cheating
    English is not my native language
  • Diabolus_Musica
    @Diabolus_Musica
    Sorry You misunderstood me.
    I know you didn't
    I just tried to confirmed your statement that it was funny that people think he's cheating
    English is not my native language

Oh ok, sorry I misunderstood you.
  • xKusagamix
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    The TH AP does way too much damage to another plane, way more than bomber killer or airship buster, imo. It should be named as "Anything with engine and horse hunter" AP. And its now come with speed increase.
    If anyone say its should because of the wooden kite vs steel armor then its called "Tank Hunter", not a "Plane Hunter", it should be balanced.
    AP's tail gunner need a lot of bullets to disable another AP behind them, even when its really close, but only 1 shell from the TH AP then you're done.
  • SirBobdk
    edited July 2017
    @xKusagamix
    AP's tail gunner need a lot of bullets to disable another AP behind them, even when its really close, but only 1 shell from the TH AP then you're done.
    Most of the times it takes 2 shoot to kill another AP. At the same time you miss 1 out of 2 shoots. If the AP tail gunner know what his doing he has enough time to kill the TH AP. But I recognize that it is more deadly, but if the pilot in the other AP is better then he does not allow the TH AP to get behind. Instead, he will chase the TH AP with gunner shooting forward,

• CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    He got it wrong dude

I didn't get it wrong, I explained it exactly as the dev did, and I've quoted you, quoting the dev, that is how it is meant to be.
    Maybe they didn't consider that it might result in collateral damage, and will change it in future. But this is how it works for now and is working as intended. It is not a bug. It's a feature.

As for your lengthy response that you dupe-posted on youtube and here, I responded to that on youtube. Don't dupe. L2netiquettte
  • xKusagamix
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    @xKusagamix
    Most of the times it takes 2 shoot to kill another AP. At the same time you miss 1 out of 2 shoots. If the AP tail gunner know what his doing he has enough time to kill the TH AP. But I recognize that it is more deadly, but if the pilot in the other AP is better then he does not allow the TH AP to get behind. Instead, he will chase the TH AP with gunner shooting forward,
    Well, its hard to find a dedicated tail gunners in SEA servers so i dont know how its going with other regions, they mostly bail out right after you got a first shot or just catching a taxi to other places, 70% of them dont spot before they shoot. 80% of times i have to get high up and switch to the tail gun by myself.
    Yes, most of the times it'll take 2 shot to kill another AP, but mostly 1 first shot already badly damage your plane enough to make it hard to control your plane.
  • CaptaPraelium
    Bomber 1 Hit kill:

And then some people tell me "it's working as intented" lmao
    Quote from dice dev (again)
    The 37mm's impact damage hits fighters for 60%, attack planes for 45%, and bombers for 30%. A 2 hit kill, 3 hit kill, and 4 hit kill respectively. The shell will penetrate a plane and keep going, the blast damage won't be triggered normally. This also applies to the 20mm cannon on the ground support attack plane and bomber.

The shell materials are set up this way to prevent players from being killed out of their plane by splash damage. The exception is a direct hit on the pilot or a gunner. When the shell hits a player, it explodes which causes a double hit on the plane, the impact damage.

There aren't any "weak spots" on the plane itself. Hitting the engine or wings will break those parts, but hitting those parts doesn't do any extra damage to the plane's health.
    Trimmed for relevant parts:
    The 37mm's impact damage hits ....bombers for 30%. A... 4 hit kill...The shell will penetrate a plane and keep going... The exception is a direct hit on the pilot or a gunner. When the shell hits a player, it explodes which causes a double hit on the plane, the impact damage.
    That video is a triple hit on the bomber and a body shot on the tailgunner.
  • SirBobdk
    @xKusagamix
    Well, its hard to find a dedicated tail gunners in SEA servers so i dont know how its going with other regions, they mostly bail out right after you got a first shot or just catching a taxi to other places, 70% of them dont spot before they shoot. 80% of times i have to get high up and switch to the tail gun by myself.
    Agree have the same problem and most gunners just fire at the ground and dont follow the pilots view.
    Problem with seat switch is that it makes the AP a perfect target for fighter rockets and TH AP canon. I find my self easily killed if the other pilot is skilled.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    He got it wrong dude

I didn't get it wrong, I explained it exactly as the dev did, and I've quoted you, quoting the dev, that is how it is meant to be.
    Maybe they didn't consider that it might result in collateral damage, and will change it in future. But this is how it works for now and is working as intended. It is not a bug. It's a feature.

As for your lengthy response that you dupe-posted on youtube and here, I responded to that on youtube. Don't dupe. L2netiquettte

You commented here and on both videos when all you had to do is comment on either. Don't tell me what / how I should write, especially when you don't even bother reading.

I don't understand how you can believe devs expected a highly specialized versus armor (ground) plane to be able to one - shell kill a bomber. Rhetorical question of course. Anyway I'm done playing with words. My point still stands, 1 shell kills are WRONG and I'll keep exposing it until it's either fixed or a dev tells me that's how it was intended to perform. Period.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    He got it wrong dude

You commented here and on both videos when all you had to do is comment on either. Don't tell me what / how I should write, especially when you don't even bother reading.

I don't understand how you can believe devs expected a highly specialized versus armor (ground) plane to be able to one - shell kill a bomber. Rhetorical question of course. Anyway I'm done playing with words. My point still stands, 1 shell kills are WRONG and I'll keep exposing it until it's either fixed or a dev tells me that's how it was intended to perform. Period.

So if a dev says that's how it's supposed to perform then suddenly it's OK? Why's that? Devs are human too right, prone to the same opinions, mistakes, and flaws as the rest of us right? I'm not going to just blindly agree with any OPINION a dev has just because they're a dev, lol. I don't care if a dev comes in here and says "this is working as intended", I'll respect their opinion like anyone else's, but I won't agree with it.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    He got it wrong dude

• Diabolus_Musica
    He got it wrong dude

So just because it's a dev, suddenly that makes it OK? Lol, why's that? They have opinions just like the rest of us don't they? I'm not just going to blindly agree with any OPINION because it comes from a dev. I'll respect their opinion like anyone else's, but that doesn't mean I'll agree with it.
  • CaptaPraelium
    edited July 2017
    I commented DIFFERENT comments here and there, in response to the different comments of yours here and there. You put the SAME comment on both. Not the same thing.
    If you want to be an internet noob forever, go ahead and keep duping, and expect people to tell you it's bad netiquette because it is.
    I read just fine, perhaps you should try reading the quote that the devs made where they said this is not a bug and is working as intended. It's up there ^^^^ Several times.
    Rhetorical question ? No, a straw man. I never said the devs expected this behaviour. On the contrary, I've said that I guess they didn't think it through or test it sufficiently. I believe it's unbalanced, OP, and bad for gameplay, and I'm surprised it wasn't altered in this recent patch. (then again they still haven't fixed the lighting or 1000 other little bugs, let alone this intended feature)
    You've said to me twice now, that you will continue to talk about this until a dev tells you it is intended to work this way, but long before we even spoke, you'd already seen a dev tell you that it is intended to work this way.
    You've seen this reported, you've seen the devs comment on those reports and you've seen them say it is working as intended. You are just crying loudly because you don't like it. I on the other hand, am flying the tank hunter because I feel like I have to because it's OP. Just deal with it. Dice know about it and if they change it they change it.
    Since you seem confused, and since you seem to refuse to stop talking about this, I'll attempt to steer this conversation in a positive direction. How would we like it to work??
    Well, I like mechanics that reward good aim. I want a pilot hit (or any other infy hit) to be a OHK to the soldier, but I don't want it to be easy to kill the pilot by means of splash damage from near-misses. I want the ability to get collateral hits because it rewards clever flying that rewards certain angles (and also rewards defending pilots avoiding being a victim of those angles). I want the fighter to be more manoeuvrable than the attack plane (which at present it is not, at least at extreme low speeds) so the fighter can beat the attack plane. Accordingly, I want the shells to destroy or at least severely damage a fighter in one hit, since you should have trouble getting that shot at all and you'll only get that one chance. I want dogfights to be more protracted (long time) than 'boom it's over'. I want bombers to be able to tank a bunch of damage since they put so much out, but I don't want them to be an invincible flying fortress. Both attack plane and fighter should be able to beat a bomber.... but it should be a fight, not a single hit.
    Perhaps what would get us something more desirable, is to reduce damage from the 37mm against attack plane, bomber and tanks (but not fighter or infy/pilots/other soldiers), and increase its rate of fire. In addition, both the fighter and to an even greater extent the attack pIane, need to have MUCH poorer handling at low speeds, and stall at higher speeds. don't know, perhaps there's something that would make that suck. Balancing games is actually hard. Even pros like dice get it wrong sometimes.
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    He got it wrong dude

So just because it's a dev, suddenly that makes it OK? Lol, why's that? They have opinions just like the rest of us don't they? I'm not just going to blindly agree with any OPINION because it comes from a dev. I'll respect their opinion like anyone else's, but that doesn't mean I'll agree with it.

I never said I'll agree with a dev if he says the TH is ok to one shot planes, however BF1 is their game so I will respect their choice and stop reporting what is "fine in their eyes".