Am I the only one who thinks

SuperReds1892
410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
The new map is a little too dark? I'm struggling to see at times.

Comments

• hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The new map is a little too dark? I'm struggling to see at times.

that's the way the guys running around on max brightness like it to be. Dark for you...clear as day for them.

You'll just have to deal with it unless you want to constantly adjust settings between over bright day maps and over dark night maps.

It seems just right to me...it is a night map after all.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol, Max brightness on Xbone doesn't really do much (I've seen my brother play it, people hiding in the darkest parts of the map are still virtually invisible if they don't move/shoot.

But to be honest, I play on the default brightness (50%?) and I have no problem making people out. It's only the people that blatantly use the darkness as a crutch and sit in the darkest corner they can find and camp the entire game away - those are the guys that annoy me on this map specifically.

I always wanted a night map that was actually DARK - that's the way it was supposed to be. We got night maps in Hardline and the player models were basically glow-in-the-dark flashlights. We got night maps in BF4 and it was a little better, but everyone completely negated the fact that it was set at night by using thermal optics.

This is about as close to a legitimate NIGHT map as I think DICE has ever gotten.
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    lol, Max brightness on Xbone doesn't really do much (I've seen my brother play it, people hiding in the darkest parts of the map are still virtually invisible if they don't move/shoot.

But to be honest, I play on the default brightness (50%?) and I have no problem making people out. It's only the people that blatantly use the darkness as a crutch and sit in the darkest corner they can find and camp the entire game away - those are the guys that annoy me on this map specifically.

I always wanted a night map that was actually DARK - that's the way it was supposed to be. We got night maps in Hardline and the player models were basically glow-in-the-dark flashlights. We got night maps in BF4 and it was a little better, but everyone completely negated the fact that it was set at night by using thermal optics.

This is about as close to a legitimate NIGHT map as I think DICE has ever gotten.

Yea, the brightness adjuster on consoles seem to focus more on contrast then actual brightness. However I find that adjusting the brightness to around 65%-70% does make a difference and it is what I always set to all of my games.
  • doomdrivr
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I finally turned mine up to 80% since it was almost impossible to make out people in certain areas. It definitely helped out but it took away the feel of the night map I wanted to play. I'd rather see more people though than get slaughtered by hiding campers.
  • Led0rus
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Way too dark imo, I have to turn up my brightness to 100% just so I can get my self awareness back. I have no problems on Nivelle Nights though.
  • hawcer
    If I come across many dark corner campers I can switch my tv from game mode to vivid mode. no one will be invisible in the dark. On vivid mode, one can mine in the dark on minecraft....but you can't play vanilla maps on BF1 without a welding helmet on.

But like I said, I just leave it...it's a night map.
  • SuperReds1892
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Led0rus wrote: »
    Way too dark imo, I have to turn up my brightness to 100% just so I can get my self awareness back. I have no problems on Nivelle Nights though.

I've got no problems on Nivelle either. On this map I'm finding myself running right past enemies not even seeing them at all.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hawcer wrote: »
    But like I said, I just leave it...it's a night map.

Exactly my point. Just seems kind of redundant to say "Man, the night map is just TOO night"
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I prefer rain maps.

Hmm, is there weather on the night maps?
  • hawcer
    incapslap wrote: »
    I prefer rain maps.

snow on the previous I think...not sure on the new one.
    I haven't played the new one enough and haven't been on the other night map in awhile to remember.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like the dlc maps... never did on bf4 and so far i also don't like them in bf1...

Call me autistic....
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    incapslap wrote: »
    I prefer rain maps.

Yeah, i'd like to see more rain in the game, better than the constant fog!
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    I don't like the dlc maps... never did on bf4 and so far i also don't like them in bf1...

Call me autistic....

Really? These are the best DLC maps in the series so far, on par with BF3 Karkand (which shouldn't really count). Tahure and Verdun are just incredible. Got me pretty excited for the Russian maps.
  • chawktrick
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Playing at regular light settings is certainly somewhat of a disadvantage. If you want to be competitive, your brightness needs to be in the 60% or more range. I had it set to 65% last night and that seemed about right for my monitor.

I would say it's a little too dark, imo. Night maps are fine, but no map should necessitate a change in game settings in order to put yourself on an even playing field with other players.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never cared for night maps, all the way back to BC2 Nelson Bay.
  • leNCball
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's fine. Sometimes I get snuck on and it makes it harder to spot AT mines.
    It's not that dark and even then, flash flares make a world of difference in visibility.
  • DaMutha1
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All I know is that it's quite glorious for tripwire kills
  • disposalist
    8972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes, it's hard to see people in the dark. You seeing enemies. Enemies seeing you. It's more difficult. I advise not running around like a headless chicken.