Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Scharnhorst283MM
    7wD6drb.png
    Naming and shaming those who you believe to be cheating is not permitted anywhere on the battlefield.com site. It is not productive and does not expedite action taken against these players. Any references of this type will be removed, repeated infractions may result in actions against your account. Instead, Report players directly for investigation. This rule also applies to the naming of clans, platoons, servers and the admins of servers you feel are in breach of the RoC. You cannot post anything that allows identification of the player that can lead to harassment.

• StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    they cant give you a timeframe. if they did and missed it, even by a day, there would be uproar.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they cant give you a timeframe. if they did and missed it, even by a day, there would be uproar.

Well I don't think anyone would expect them to announce a day Star, however, wouldn't it be nice to have a little transparency on the matter? It's been 9 months. Even an announcement to say "guys we're almost ready with the anticheat. Hope to have it going live in the next month, or two."
  • NamelessForNow
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Th3St1ng wrote: »

Well I don't think anyone would expect them to announce a day Star, however, wouldn't it be nice to have a little transparency on the matter? It's been 9 months. Even an announcement to say "guys we're almost ready with the anticheat. Hope to have it going live in the next month, or two."

A cool way to do it would be silently. Let everyone on the hack forums spread the news.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    It was interesting last night playing the new map the cheats have not been updated so don't work yet everyone seemed pretty normal

Typically with DLC there are fewer cheaters as they don't want to pay for Premium and the base game plus using a cheat that might get them banned. So that's why you see fewer cheaters
  • I-Soldat-I
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The Official silence on this critical matter deters me from ever buying another EA multiplayer game for the PC. It's not Dice as I see it but EA being unwilling to invest money to make for a fair and honest game
  • Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Everybody can play DLC maps atm, so that cant be it.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    The Official silence on this critical matter deters me from ever buying another EA multiplayer game for the PC. It's not Dice as I see it but EA being unwilling to invest money to make for a fair and honest game

I agree with you on the official silence but feel we need to remain optimistic and turn on a bit of pressure/focus on the issue of anticheat. (Hence this thread.)

The good news is we already know they have been working on another AC for months now so there is something very good/effective on the way. (So much time to develop it..it's surely going to be better than BE if they refused to implement the supposedly 'gold standard' in server/client ac) This thread serves to pull the topic from under the carpet and hopefully get a response from the devs. There couldn't be a better time to add in their new ac and have a potentially massive banwave of ESP users who have been breaching TOS since launch with nothing to deter them.

I could post some mindblowing figures for those who say they've only encountered three cheaters in 500hrs etc but the information is readily available if you go digging and discussion of such might not be allowed on here.

Bottom line.. it's been such a long period of time for ac development and the level of cheating is borderline ridiculous in BF1. What's happening re the in-house AC? Coming in a month? .. two.. this year.. ? There is nada to catch ESP users and many aimbots to date. What's to stop more from doing the same?

Any input on the new AC welcome. Thoughts.. info, links etc. Really hope we can have some transparency on the matter. The tide needs to turn against cheaters. Silently or announced, don't think it's going to matter tbh.. same result. Come on Dice.. clean a great game please. Give us some update/news.

Thanks.

Th3St1ng.
  • Bacardiiiiiiiiii
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ...today played in three different [DICE] server, each server have few hackers in same side. No fun in this game anymore
  • JayB33_UK
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There couldn't be a better time to add in their new ac and have a potentially massive banwave of ESP users who have been breaching TOS since launch with nothing to deter them.
    Yes, hopefully a permanent hardware ban.
  • Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It would most likely be further tweaks for Fairfight rather than an actual new anticheat.
  • 1ToxicBeef1
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still think they are trying to kill off pc gaming in order to save money only having to make games work on 2 platforms.....these days pc gamers are not needed to make money well as far as AAA games go
  • FierceBrosnan007
    smoogelz wrote: »
    It would most likely be further tweaks for Fairfight rather than an actual new anticheat.

Dice have already confirmed from a number of official sources that they are working on another anticheat for BF1. They have surely developed it for months at this stage we can only assume due to the complete lack of communication towards the community. Let's hope this in-house solution is revolutionary and not a flop like FF is.
  • Gigabyte9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Dice have already confirmed from a number of official sources that they are working on another anticheat for BF1. They have surely developed it for months at this stage we can only assume due to the complete lack of communication towards the community. Let's hope this in-house solution is revolutionary and not a flop like FF is.

Is there a link to an official source where Dice have confirmed that they are specifically implementing or developing additional anticheat software for BF1?

I've seen multiple articles since release but none specifically state a new anticheat is coming. When reading inbetween the lines it seems most likely that they are just continuing to tweak and enhance Fairfight.

I don't really keep up to date though, so would be happy to see a link saying otherwise if this is the case.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    edited July 2017

Is there a link to an official source where Dice have confirmed that they are specifically implementing or developing additional anticheat software for BF1?

I've seen multiple articles since release but none specifically state a new anticheat is coming. When reading inbetween the lines it seems most likely that they are just continuing to tweak and enhance Fairfight.

I don't really keep up to date though, so would be happy to see a link saying otherwise if this is the case.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/62wqti/will_there_ever_be_another_anticheat/dfs1cf7/

Other sources but I'm away atm. Also confirmed by Mr. Sirland.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    *removed*
    Professional cheats,Boasts 200 accounts
    Him from the open began to cheat, and then DICE never BAN him
    I'm sorry,English is not my native language.

action speaks louder than words

move on to games where the Devs give a crap about fair play, me and my friends have - I only post here because BF is my favourite franchise, i want to see it fixed, but this franchise isn't what it was - on pc at least - sad
  • DINGRAWR
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will say only one word: FAILBOAT!!!
  • Press-2-Continue
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All they would have to do is change FF abit and claim its a whole new AC, Hell activation/Trayarch have been doing that for years with call of duty adding something new to the games Enginge and claiming its a brand new engine when its basically the same
  • NO_PLANE_4_U
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ...today played in three different [DICE] server, each server have few hackers in same side. No fun in this game anymore

Nope you are nublet and don't want to git gud
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's not be going to be anytime soon I'm afraid. At least gives an update on how much progress they're making, lack of communication is killing me.
This discussion has been closed.