weak cavalry

UraniumReaper
594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Why is it seeming like the cav is so weak now? Half the time I can't even go toe to toe with a medic and if you stay on the horse lately you are toast. Did they nerf it recently and I just didn't read it in the notes?

Comments

• x187Methodz-
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    He's not as good as he once was
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It has been beaten with the nerf bar constantly since beta; to the point they stopped putting it in the patch notes :/
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    I wish I started playing with the cavalry since day 1 :P It is now not op at all, but not super weak though. I would not mind a slight buff at all.
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Calvery almost impossiblle to kill when a person who knows how to use it effectively is playing it.
  • Seanak23
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't think scouts should be dealing 70+ damage to cavalry riders in one shot and SMGs shouldn't be able to almost kill the cavalry rider and horse in one pass and with one mag. These things aren't at all balanced against a target that big and who already attracts a lot of attention. The horse should also only act as a vehicle or animal not both, it can take damage from gas and fire like an animal but it can also detonate AT grenade and mines on impact like a vehicle.
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    Calvery almost impossiblle to kill when a person who knows how to use it effectively is playing it.

Sure but as soon as a team starts to realise your there it becomes much harder to be effective because as soon as you get seen your likely spotted and now targeted by about 3 other players. Cavalry is great against a team thats not paying much attention but against good teams the cavalry often feels pretty weak.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seanak23 wrote: »

Sure but as soon as a team starts to realise your there it becomes much harder to be effective because as soon as you get seen your likely spotted and now targeted by about 3 other players. Cavalry is great against a team thats not paying much attention but against good teams the cavalry often feels pretty weak.

True, true. But one of the most important things you have to learn as a cavalry player, is that a good old Monty Python "run away! run away!" is one of the best tricks in your book. You don't want to go up against 3 other players. Your mission is to outflank and devour the lone sniper running through the desert or camping on a hill. You're looking for the guy at the back of the pack, the single player who is too focused on his sights to pay attention. Flank everything.
    There are some contested spots, like C on Suez, where you can risk a run right through the firefight... but you get your slice and dice kill or two and then you run away. Go run over the side of the map and back until you heal up. Don't forget you've got grenades and med pouches, both of which have a very quick cool down. If you find yourself confronting 3, 4 enemy infantry, toss a couple nades in the blender, try your best to hack one of them down, and then run away and heal. Nine times out of ten, the other three hacks will still be there when you get back, and they'll have stopped looking for you by the time you come over the horizon from behind them for another swipe.
    I would agree the SMG's are a wee bit OP against the cav, but such is life. Can't have it all.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do alright with it. I get way more kills with the rifle now than the sword . Used to be the other way around but I've found the Calvary rifle to be quite effective
  • Prep768
    3479 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bring on the lance >:) then we'll give the haters something to really moan about ;)
  • Emfysem
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You`ll probarbly have better luck unmounted since the horse is also a pain to control!
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should allow you to ADS properly with your gun while on horse back like real Calvary do with the loss of manueverbility while in ADS mode. Just like a bomber when on on a bombing run can see targets below when pressing LT, but can move.whwn your in that mode. It'll allow more use with the gun.

Overall I think Calvary is a force to be reckoned with. They can heal and contually arm themselves. It wins all 1v1 engagement when off horse. Finally a Calvary mam off horse can survive the whole match if they play smart. Play as a self healing aggressive sniper rolling with the team and you will not die.

P.s. have.you ever tried 3 Calvary coordinated attacks? Calvary get bodied as their riding on their own and easy targets. A three man Calvary on Suez coordinating attacks wiped out 2 squads, their hill humping sniper back ups an armoured vehicle, and an artillery truck, it's the most satisfying feeling ever.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cavalry is a gimmick that gives an outdated class of the military value in BF1. Shooting from horseback seems real easy in Battlefield.......
  • Lykosia
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just ditch the horse and go on foot. You've both health and ammo packs, and extra armor so you can stay active long time. And remember drop ammo and health to your teammates as well. So many times I go to cavalry guys asking for ammo and never receive any. It's even worse than support.
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lykosia wrote: »
    Just ditch the horse and go on foot. You've both health and ammo packs, and extra armor so you can stay active long time. And remember drop ammo and health to your teammates as well. So many times I go to cavalry guys asking for ammo and never receive any. It's even worse than support.

*cough*
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play a LOT of cavalry. When I see a dismounted enemy cavalry playing as infantry, the rest of the game ceases to exist for me. It becomes my MISSION in life to destroy that coward. His rifle is never going to save him.
  • boutneus
    2483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why would you ditch a horse? So much more powerful when mounted. I only go on foot if my horse happens to get killed (I usually jump off when I see it's about 2 get killed). And then I will always look for an abandoned mount or enemy cavalry 2 kill and steal
  • Kaabob42
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of stealth nerfs. It's no longer a useful class.
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't think scouts should be dealing 70+ damage to cavalry riders in one shot and SMGs shouldn't be able to almost kill the cavalry rider and horse in one pass and with one mag. These things aren't at all balanced against a target that big and who already attracts a lot of attention.

Yes, they should be able to. If you can one swipe them with a sword or trample them, they should be able to kill you with a mag dump from a Hellriegel or do massive damage with a headshot from a scout rifle.

Anyone running around out in the open is going to be a target. At least the horse can run pretty fast. Players that abused the cavalry class from day one are the ones you can blame for the hate against them now.

• EvilSoul1321
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cavalry has been nerfed to the point that the class is unplayable.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Why would you ditch a horse? So much more powerful when mounted. I only go on foot if my horse happens to get killed (I usually jump off when I see it's about 2 get killed). And then I will always look for an abandoned mount or enemy cavalry 2 kill and steal

What? The cavalry plays like an elite class THAT CAN BE REVIVED.

The cavalry rider takes 70 damage or one hit kills to snipers when on horseback, dies to one shotgun shot, or rocket gun, is a free kill to any tank/plane users in the server and can easily be dispatched 1v1 by anyone with an IQ over 4.

Cavalry only works on those dumb conquest players that just run places without paying attention to anything and snipers. Every now and again you kill a bad tank that clearly wasn't a threat because it didn't take you out half way across the map before then.

Unmounted cavalry pushes flags easy and can be picked back up, and spawns more cavalry this way because the spawn asset is the horse not the rider.

I'm really hoping there's more than just fixing the abundance of broken physics associated with the horse in the next DLC update.
  • crabman169
    I play a LOT of cavalry. When I see a dismounted enemy cavalry playing as infantry, the rest of the game ceases to exist for me. It becomes my MISSION in life to destroy that coward. His rifle is never going to save him.

Come at me ;)

I have a nice rock to block the horse