I shouldn't be OHK by an assault player.

Led0rus
105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited July 2017
An assault player can one shot body shot me at mid range with an AT rocket gun. It's a rocket, sure, but the AT grenade doesn't one shot. It should do 80 damage if directly hit, and OHK if it is a headshot, to stay consistent with the other AT weapons. It's an AT weapon, and the class' primary function is to take out vehicles. People won't do that if they can just get an infantry kill with far less effort.

Post edited by Led0rus on

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So explosives shouldn't be dangerous at all? Not sure if serious or got killed by those pesky assaults too much.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you can land a direct hit it should be a one hit, the rocket gun is really inconsistent anyway. I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen players eat a direct hit to the chest and head. One game I had to headshot a prone sniper with it 3 times to kill him, it's a joke.
  • Led0rus
    So explosives shouldn't be dangerous at all? Not sure if serious or got killed by those pesky assaults too much.

No explosives should be ofc, but the AT weapons should be effective against vehicles only. The AT nades don't OHK, so the rocket gun should not either.
  • Led0rus
    Ram1c wrote: »
    If you can land a direct hit it should be a one hit, the rocket gun is really inconsistent anyway. I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen players eat a direct hit to the chest and head. One game I had to headshot a prone sniper with it 3 times to kill him, it's a joke.

Really? If a sniper is bothering me, I just pop the rocket gun on a windowsill and blast him away.
  • Exequtore
    1431 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper rifles shouldn't be OHK instead.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Led0rus wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »

Really? If a sniper is bothering me, I just pop the rocket gun on a windowsill and blast him away.

Yeah especially of late, but then again the hit reg has just been god awful recently. Either way the amount of force that a human would take just by getting clipped by such a round would most likely kill them. So it's not so crazy for a direct hit to be a one hit kill.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017

No explosives should be ofc, but the AT weapons should be effective against vehicles only. The AT nades don't OHK, so the rocket gun should not either.

AT nades used to ohk but then whiners like you forced Dice to change that a bit.
    If the gadget is made for AT purpised it doesn't mean it should be weak against infantry. Explosives are still explosives. And before you start saying anything about "nade spam", you can use those gadgets for your advantage too.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017

Rocket gun is not the same as a grenade. At gun travels towards you, not only do you get the explosive but a direct hit gives you kinetic damage too.

You as a sniper should not complain about getting bodied by this wep. Shooter has the go prone or prop so their limited movements makes it easier to hit them and get a headshot. Also their drop mean a direct hit is skilled as you have to heavily adjust to hit straight were as a sniper does not unless target is 300 metres. You lost get over it and move on.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's obnoxious (as is dying in general), but I don't see a problem with it.

I used to SRAW snipers in BF4 from miles away and that just went where I pointed. I didn't hear anyone complaining then. The AT rocket gun is effected by gravity, requires you to be either prone or on a wall/ledge, and has a tendency to blow up in your face if there's a small piece of rubble within 5ft of the barrel.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't find it that much of a problem yes it can be annoying but it does make sense, after all, it is an explosive rocket

If you see an assault dive down you can pretty much expect a rocket heading away. The assault player has to be prone and absolutely still making them an easy target and half the time it has a problem deploying.

The rocket gun is the only real weapon with a long range that the assault class has access to. Unless you believe the people that claim they get one shotted by an A-10 hunter shot gun from across the map.
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Its actually not actually firing a rocket, but a shell. Its called a rocket gun but its technically a large rifle. So he out rifled you.
  • Led0rus

AT nades used to ohk but then whiners like you forced Dice to change that a bit.
    If the gadget is made for AT purpised it doesn't mean it should be weak against infantry. Explosives are still explosives. And before you start saying anything about "nade spam", you can use those gadgets for your advantage too.

I'm not whining. AT weapons should be less effective against infantry for balance's sake. Players won't use AT weaponry against vehicles if they can get easy infantry kills with less effort. The rocket gun should only OHK with a headshot, so if you are going to use it, you should at least have to be accurate.
  • llPhantom_Limbll

I'm not whining. AT weapons should be less effective against infantry for balance's sake. Players won't use AT weaponry against vehicles if they can get easy infantry kills with less effort. The rocket gun should only OHK with a headshot, so if you are going to use it, you should at least have to be accurate.

People should use their weapons and gadgets the way they want to not they way YOU want. Are you going to cry for a syringe nerf if someone killed you with it many times?Because I definitely will put a needle in the camping a** every time I get a chance.
  • Led0rus

People should use their weapons and gadgets the way they want to not they way YOU want. Are you going to cry for a syringe nerf if someone killed you with it many times?Because I definitely will put a needle in the camping a** every time I get a chance.

No, because if I was that oblivious I would have deserved it.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stop hill humping
  • Led0rus
    edited July 2017
    V2Face wrote: »
    Stop hill humping

I can't even use a scope so I doubt I could.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    An assault player being able to one shot body shot me at mid range with an AT rocket gun. It's a rocket, sure, but the AT grenade doesn't one shot. It should do 80 damage if directly hit, to stay consistent with the other AT weapons.

You were shot with an anti-tank rocket. The difference between a grenade and a rocket is propellant. Thats why the grenade doesn't ohk & the rocket does.
  • Led0rus
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    An assault player being able to one shot body shot me at mid range with an AT rocket gun. It's a rocket, sure, but the AT grenade doesn't one shot. It should do 80 damage if directly hit, to stay consistent with the other AT weapons.

You were shot with an anti-tank rocket. The difference between a grenade and a rocket is propellant. Thats why the grenade doesn't ohk & the rocket does.

I'm sure a pistol to the chest is enough to OHK somebody too but it isn't. Why? To make the game balanced.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

I'm sure a pistol to the chest is enough to OHK somebody too but it isn't. Why? To make the game balanced.

The same argument can be used ("to make the game balanced") when talking about why rockets shot out of a portable breach gun OHK, and thrown grenades that are basically a bunch of stick grenades taped together don't.

One is shot and takes aim for a direct hit - the other does massive splash damage and used to be a cop-out weapon to clear indoor objectives, giving people among the easiest multikills I've personally seen in all my time playing Battlefield as a whole.

That's called balance. If you don't want to be shot by rocket guns so regularly that it's actually a problem for you, I suggest you stop sitting still and being an easy target.

As a sniper yourself, one would assume that concept would be common knowledge for you.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Lol bad sniper detected.

Ima continue to dome you hill humping scrubs with the rocket gun on the way between objectives until Assault gets a rifle.