Can't play DLC maps

HueyPato
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Just wondering if anyone has issues with playing any DLC maps on Xbox One. For some reason I can not join any DLC maps but can load in Vanilla maps totally fine. Also was able to play the maps before, but now I just get a infinite black screen with those white triangles in the top right. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the base game and DLC. Any tips would be really appreciated.

Comments

• PittPython104
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The same thing is happening with me and my friend, but it's only Dragon Teeth and Final Stand Maps for us. The other DLC and base game maps work fine.
  • rock1obsta
    3813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did either of you guys get your DLC through EA access? If so, you gotta keep payin the $5 a month to keep playin em.
  • WHITEBOIE1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    i did the same thing as suggested above, and its worked out, however in the process there is no record of me having second assault except for in my dlc assignments , where i can still see the ones i've completed. I got all the dlc when they were free last year. This has been an issue for a while i n the community, how has this not been solved. i just finished reinstalling china rising and it doesn't recognize that i have it installed. I want my gol magnum back!!!
  • HueyPato
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Did either of you guys get your DLC through EA access? If so, you gotta keep payin the $5 a month to keep playin em.

Naw, own BF4 digitally and own Premium
  • PittPython104
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I found a solution that worked if your're storing the game on an external device. I moved the game and all the DLC from my external hard drive to my internal storage, then I unplugged the hard drive and I was able to get into the maps I was previously unable to access. For me, just moving them off the external storage wasn't enough, because the bug remained until I unplugged the hard drive. Once I removed it, I could get into any game with the DLC maps and still access them after I plugged the hard drive back in afterwards. Seems to work fine for me now and thanks to brooksoz who posted this solution in General Chat.
  • HueyPato
    I found a solution that worked if your're storing the game on an external device. I moved the game and all the DLC from my external hard drive to my internal storage, then I unplugged the hard drive and I was able to get into the maps I was previously unable to access. For me, just moving them off the external storage wasn't enough, because the bug remained until I unplugged the hard drive. Once I removed it, I could get into any game with the DLC maps and still access them after I plugged the hard drive back in afterwards. Seems to work fine for me now and thanks to brooksoz who posted this solution in General Chat.

I have BF4 and all the DLC on the internal hard drive so this wont work for me. Its cool you found a solution for the external hard drive users tho. Keep those DLC servers populated for when I find a solution lol
  • MsAxion
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have issues with the DLC as well... Suddenly in May I could`nt play other DLC than classic rotation. I have tried on different Xbox, i have un-installed and re-installed twice. both on external harddrive and to my box..I have tried everything. Nothing happens. Yes I have EA-Access, yes I have premium... This is a big issue now!!
  • sp8306
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this is ridiculous! I pre-ordered with premium and am having this problem as well. there is no reason we should have to be macgyver in order to play dlc that you paid $120. i rather delete everything and be reimbursed than have to do all this to play my game.
  • sp8306
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If this problem persist i recommend nobody pay full price for any ea games in the future.
  • xXxCryogustxXx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Try to reinstall the game
  • HueyPato
    Try to reinstall the game

I tried reinstall the game and all the DLC twice but still doesnt work. Hope someone finds a solution soon, before all the DLC servers are dead.
  • sp8306
    I have reinstalled both the game and dlcs. Hasn't changed anything
  • Gilgamesh21187
    I can't play them either. This is very frustrating. I am a premium member. Worst part is I can see other people playing the maps. What gives DICE!
  • HueyPato
    I can't play them either. This is very frustrating. I am a premium member. Worst part is I can see other people playing the maps. What gives DICE!

Yeah I seem them playing too. I wonder how this glitch affects some but not all. Maybe its our settings or something. Doubt this though
  • sp8306
    My friend doesn't have premium but he been playing the maps ever since mine stopped working. I guess they are punishing the ones who pay all the money and rewarding the ones who don't.
  • HueyPato
    sp8306 wrote: »
    My friend doesn't have premium but he been playing the maps ever since mine stopped working. I guess they are punishing the ones who pay all the money and rewarding the ones who don't.

Wow thats pretty weird. They need to update this game again.
  • JGillyRamsFan23
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Same Here
    Post edited by JGillyRamsFan23 on
  • sp8306
    Yeah i believe they care less about us, freakin thiefs!
  • wethepeople403
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So then no one has found out heard of a real solution that works yet? I've been playing since the beginning and never ran in to this until maybe a month ago, now it's all the time. Or what really gets me is i'll get in play a match or 2 them either the game shuts down (without any warning or message) and kicks me back to Xbox home screen or i start with a forever black screen and can't get in or play a match and get it between matches.
    The only thing I've had was once i just left it blinking and went and had to do something else. It said it timed out and went back to the main ui of the game and tried that server again and it worked right away.
    The only good thing is that so many people are having problems so i don't feel like I've been banned so that's a plus i guess :|
  • MsAxion
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So then no one has found out heard of a real solution that works yet? I've been playing since the beginning and never ran in to this until maybe a month ago, now it's all the time. Or what really gets me is i'll get in play a match or 2 them either the game shuts down (without any warning or message) and kicks me back to Xbox home screen or i start with a forever black screen and can't get in or play a match and get it between matches.
    The only thing I've had was once i just left it blinking and went and had to do something else. It said it timed out and went back to the main ui of the game and tried that server again and it worked right away.
    The only good thing is that so many people are having problems so i don't feel like I've been banned so that's a plus i guess :|

I`m in contact with EA 3-5 days a week. Mainly because my server gets stuck in rotation all the time ..and need to be reset or changed....I`ve been mentoning the dlc issue every time as well. i have EA contacts that are looking into it. Have tried every possible trouble shooting so far. nothing works.... :( There is still issues. but one of the things they asked me to do, did work for others. like switching from wifi to kabel... another suggestion was connect your console to your phone internet, if you can start like "pearl market" or another map that you are having issues with, it could be a port that is blocked.

UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
    TCP: 53, 80, 3074

another attempt you all can try if you are having dlc issues. download uo trace and follow the description. a programme made by EA and Dice..
    http://help.ea.com/no/article/ping-traceroute-and-uo-trace/

hopefully these steps can help some of you...didn`t help me. but for few it did...