Dance Left and Right to Survive WW1

JMDcpn
146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Apparently, you just have to dance, sway, slide, to survive the great war.
I really think spamming the A+D should not go without penalty/consequence.
There's a reason why they put the fatigue effect on teabagging.
Same thing with the crouch/slide killing. It's really easy to just press C while holding the left mouse button, then press shift to run away like nothing fancy (which required a lot of stamina in real life) happened.
IMO, the AD could really use the fatigue effect, and the crouch/slide should have longer delay before being able to run again.

Comments

• r0nin_Ts
    1410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't have problems to adapt to it, but it just doesn't fit right into a serious military game.

• SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They could increase the fatigue for sliding by a long shot.
    The could also decrease the acceleration speed. Right now it's a bit too easy to completely change direction and retain that full momentum.

Or they could also increase the accuracy penalty for shooting will moving / sliding.

I don't have a huge problem with it though... Occasionally, I meet slide spammer which are super annoying to fight. But they are a minority.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    r0nin_Ts wrote: »
    I don't have problems to adapt to it, but it just doesn't fit right into a serious military game.

Good thing this isn't a serious military game lol.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    *laughs in console*
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    I'd like to know what the actual reason is behind the teabagging fatigue, since you seem to know.
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So a maneuver that has been used for centuries to become a harder target, makes people a harder target. Further it makes it harder for you to get kills, so you don't like it and want it dumbed down to make it easy on you and others who have a hard time shooting.
  • JMDcpn
    sg2434 wrote: »
    I'd like to know what the actual reason is behind the teabagging fatigue, since you seem to know.

So people would not abuse using it the way they use the AD movement.
  • JMDcpn
    edited July 2017
    So a maneuver that has been used for centuries to become a harder target, makes people a harder target. Further it makes it harder for you to get kills, so you don't like it and want it dumbed down to make it easy on you and others who have a hard time shooting.
    They danced left and right on the spot while under fire in WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc...?
    Oh and the teabag maneuver in Counter-Strike so that they can dodge bullets, there's a reason why they put movement penalty after it in BF. Same reason why they should put penalties on these movements. They are easily being spammed without any consequences for the action. You just see people run then slide, run then slide, run then slide, without having to stop until they get to their objective, it's just ugly mechanics.
  • RRedux
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that adadad movement can be a bit fast in bf1... but at the same time, I don't want Dice to make yet another change to make sniping easier in this game.
  • bran1986
    5788 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems they toned it down quite a bit in the CTE, so I'm guessing it is getting nerfed soon.
  • JMDcpn
    bran1986 wrote: »
    It seems they toned it down quite a bit in the CTE, so I'm guessing it is getting nerfed soon.

Really? I've been playing this day in the CTE and have not noticed it. I'll check again later when I wake up. It's already 2 in the morning here, lol.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JMDcpn wrote: »

......way to just parrot yourself. I'd like a real reason.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I abuse teabagging daily.
  • bran1986
    5788 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Really? I've been playing this day in the CTE and have not noticed it. I'll check again later when I wake up. It's already 2 in the morning here, lol.

Yeah it definitely seems less erratic now, maybe I'm imagining things but it definitely feels and looks different.
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They danced left and right on the spot while under fire in WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc...?
    Oh and the teabag maneuver in Counter-Strike so that they can dodge bullets, there's a reason why they put movement penalty after it in BF. Same reason why they should put penalties on these movements. They are easily being spammed without any consequences for the action. You just see people run then slide, run then slide, run then slide, without having to stop until they get to their objective, it's just ugly mechanics.

Maybe not on the spot, but you better believe they would serpentine. Also I don't understand why people cry about it, do you just stand there like a fool and get shot?
    And I never mentions the tbag. I was talking about the strafe "spam".
  • JMDcpn

......way to just parrot yourself. I'd like a real reason.

If you want an official reason, ask dice. I'm not entitled to answer you.
  • JMDcpn
    Maybe not on the spot, but you better believe they would serpentine. Also I don't understand why people cry about it, do you just stand there like a fool and get shot?
    And I never mentions the tbag. I was talking about the strafe "spam".
    No one stands on the spot to get shot. They take cover, not dance left and right.
    I just made another instance with the tbag, since it's a similar application of movement, only vertically instead of left and right.
  • boutneus
    2475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Until a tree branch, rock, or idiot teammate kneecaps.you. Wtf I'm stuck , I can't move...dead.
    rage