Fedorov Avtomat Fire rate

SliceNaToooR
244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
DICE are pretty realistic when it comes to representing weapons in BF1 regarding Fire Rate and Muzzle Velocity.
(They obviously greatly tweak the damage value to balance the game)

Regarding the new Medic weapon....
In gameplay videos and screenshots, the Fedorov is said to have a fire rate of 225 RPM.
(see last one)
evj53af9lzbz.jpg

But every research I do, I read that the fire rate was between 350 and 600 RPM.
350-400 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedorov_Avtomat
600 : http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/17/the-first-assault-rifle-the-fedorov-avtomat/

I'm just curious, is the 225 RPM, seen in the game screenshot, the Fire rate we'll see of this weapon when the DLC is released?
Or were the first version of this weapon feature a fire rate of 225rpm

Comments

• Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From the videos ive watched of it being used in the CTE it's a lot faster firing than that, probably around 400rpm i'd say
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You will have to stick with a support player dropping ammo, that is for sure.
  • MarxistDictator
    4969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm also pretty sure the Maxim SMG was firing slower than 550 RPM.

Does the General Liu clip reload 5 rounds or 6? I never saw anyone empty reload it yet and this is the only reason I'd even bother using it.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RPM of it seems fine to me but after using it for a while it seems that Trench variant has annoyingly big spread while hip-firing which doesn't make sense for Trench rifle. It also has strong recoil so it doesn't look like it could be effectively used outside of close quarters fights.
  • MarxistDictator
    4969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about that Liu? Does it have an empty and tactical reload or a full clip reload?

What do you think of the Vetterli?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How about that Liu? Does it have an empty and tactical reload or a full clip reload?

Vetterli is slow and weak.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm also pretty sure the Maxim SMG was firing slower than 550 RPM.

Does the General Liu clip reload 5 rounds or 6? I never saw anyone empty reload it yet and this is the only reason I'd even bother using it.

From what I've seen;

Full reload is 6 in stripper clip (also mag capacity)
    Tac reload is single rounds

I may have seen a 5 round stripper clip reload from having one still in the chamber (like the RSC) but I'm not too sure

~

Vetterli looks to be a marksman's dream (as in people who are dead accurate)
  • MarxistDictator
    Is the damage profile like the Autoloading 8 .35 or the 1906? I was curious about this one.

From what I saw it looks like the Vetterli sweet spot is close. Is the velocity really slow? It must be the black powder variant then (I was assuming so since it had 4 rounds loaded).
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RPM of it seems fine to me but after using it for a while it seems that Trench variant has annoyingly big spread while hip-firing which doesn't make sense for Trench rifle. It also has strong recoil so it doesn't look like it could be effectively used outside of close quarters fights.

Did you try the optical one? How did they compare?

The Fedorov looks like it's a CQC weapon to begin with.
    I just hope it's a true trench variant and not a Factory in disguise.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is the damage profile like the Autoloading 8 .35 or the 1906? I was curious about this one.

From what I saw it looks like the Vetterli sweet spot is close. Is the velocity really slow? It must be the black powder variant then (I was assuming so since it had 4 rounds loaded).

It looks to be the 1906 (which it should considering it's the same caliber)

Yeah it's the black power one; it's towards the end
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    slu1ce wrote: »

Did you try the optical one? How did they compare?

The Fedorov looks like it's a CQC weapon to begin with.
    I just hope it's a true trench variant and not a Factory in disguise.

I didn't try Optical variant mostly because I'm not a fan of simple optics for self-loading rifles. I'd rather use Sniper/Marksman version.
    And I can't confirm Fedorov being proper Trench variant as I said in previous post.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2017

People are missing the big advantage of the Vetterlie. It's sweet spot is at 15-20m. It is going to be an aggressive scout weapon. Pair it with a good pistol and the right player will be a powerhouse. The only down side to it is 4 rounds.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I saw some symthic people saying the fire rate is 450 rpm for the avtomat. The gun itself, it was kind of hard to judge since there were a lot of issues with the servers yesterday, tons of lag, crashes, and hit detection was all over the place.

The gun is very good up close, but at any kind of range, the recoil becomes quite intense and the damage drops off significantly. I don't think this is the best map to show what it can really do, even though the map is small and infantry focused, there is still alot of wide open spaces where other slrs would be a better choice. On maps like Argonne, amiens, vaux this gun could be very good.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »

People are missing the big advantage of the Vetterlie. It's sweet spot is at 15-20m. It is going to be an aggressive scout weapon. Pair it with a good pistol and the right player will be a powerhouse. The only down side to it is 4 rounds.

Mmmmmmmmm?
  • crabman169

Mmmmmmmmm?

I was literally just about to tag you with that quote lol

I called it didn't I ;)
  • MarxistDictator
    15-20m? Weird. The bolt work seems to be just slower than the Lebel. How's the reload?
  • crabman169
    15-20m? Weird. The bolt work seems to be just slower than the Lebel. How's the reload?

Full reload loos quick but single loading is very slow (he individually loads each round unlike the Lebel where he keeps loading as if he has all cartridges in his hand)
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Look to me like the guy was catchin wreck with it.
  • llPhantom_Limbll

And it can't even ohk with that sweet spot. The weapon is trash with current stats, you just have to admit it.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

Mmmmmmmmm?

I was literally just about to tag you with that quote lol

I called it didn't I ;)

Man people hate on me and call me a scrub now, if this is true I will never use another weapon lmao