Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen MG trench

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont see any problem with downing two planes with an LMG.. And I suck..
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    So basically they are giving a big FU to all TDM/Dom players? I take it the people who come up with these unlock challenges have never played BF1?

Pretty much aye
    Unaware pilot with AA firing at him and 20 Madsen trenches. :D

Be pretty amusing if no one spawned a plane when the dlc drops. Wouldn't that be a laugh
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    I can see all the buff threads popping up for the 12G Backbored and the 1903 Experimental.

I do find it funny how people are saying how bad MG are at destroying planes yet for months all I heard was use a MG if the AA is not available.

Think the problem is more that you HAVE to use the Madsen Trench not just any support weapon or even HMG stationary.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At least there is hope as it's only stuff from CTE and Dice will have a chance to fix/adjust this.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At least there is hope as it's only stuff from CTE and Dice will have a chance to fix/adjust this.

It depends. The people on Reddit like the assignments or not?
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    5 Rocket Gun Kills IN A ROUND,

That one, Is actually quite easy to do if you think about it.

Full tank with low health, Fire your AT Rocket Gun at the rear end.. BOOOM.. That's an easy 5-6 kills right there if it is the heavy tank fully laden.

As for the others.. meh

*edit*
    A good tip actually, Is to keep a close eye on a tank that is moving towards their own AT mines.

If you spot a heavy tank and it is heading down a road with their own mines directly in front of it, Wait for it to get close enough to the AT mines and fire your rocket gun at the mines, The resulting explosion SHOULD make the task easier as 3x AT mines is easily enough to disable, If not outright destroy an enemy heavy tank.

And as it would be your AT rocket gun that sets off the explosion, you would be awarded the kills.

Yah, this one might actually be fun.
  • bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shooting down planes with the right LMG is a fine challenge. Shooting down planes with a 31-round LMG intended for hip-fire feels a little trolly. Even the Madsen low weight would be a better choice. Madsen Trench is one of the worst possible LMGs for taking on planes.
  • OrionPherrit
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope this is just a joke or an experiment that will be changed after the CTE (we can probably get chronic traumatic encephalopathy from beta testing this sucker).

What's this? To get a Vetterli I have to only kill medics with the Springfield + Pedersen device? Guess I have to leave assault & support alone. The Red Cross won't be too happy to hear that. :o

The Madsen thing might be doable if they hadn't nerfed SAWs to death. :s As it is, I already take potshots at planes passing overhead because archie emplacements are always either busted or used as traps by snipers. It's not very satisfying to do perhaps 4% damage only for some1 else to claim credit for the kill. And anyway, I thought the Parabellum was mainly used on 2-seater aircraft rather than groundpounders. :p

Thanks a heap, EA/Dice, for making us jump through hoops to earn the Mosin-Nagant which was supposed to be standard issue to Russian troops. If you ran the Pentagon, you would force us to bag 50 kills with an M1 carbine before allowing us to get our hands on a stock M16A1. :# Maybe it would be more realistic to hand us a 5-round clip and say we have to wait for our squadmate to die so we can take his rifle like in Enemy At the Gates. I could buy a real 1 from a military surplus store for around 200 warbonds. ~_~

I still want that Federov just to check out another proto-assault rilfe. Betcha' it'll be a Ribeye Lite.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had some thoughts about this. I don't really care that much about unlocks and stuff like that. I had plenty of that in BF4.

But I think DICE is completely misreading the feedback in this regard. A big part of the community is saying: "give us unlocks, give us progression and rewards".

But I believe they mean it this way: "I want to use my favourite class or one of my favourite weapons and get some kind of rewards for it; like cool dogtags or a medal to put on the uniform or a camo" - you know, some people (a lot, judging by the feedback) like these kinds of things.

But DICE sees that and says: "Oh! Yeah, sure! Here, we have prepared some assignments for you to unlock the new guns of our DLC that you should already have unlocked because, you know, you paid for them. In these assignments you will have to use weapons that you probably despise or you didn't even care about, and use them to do things like destroying planes or land headshots in what will be for you a frustrating and boring grind. Enjoy!".

Well... that's what going on in my head anyway.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It depends. The people on Reddit like the assignments or not?

But I don't visit that horrible place. How could I know?
  • ragecomic9
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If someone wants to unlock one of these weapons, in the end he will complete the assignments one way or the other.

The real problem is the effect these assignments have over the gameplay in a normal match.

Rocket guns, Rifle grenades, Tripwire, Mortar, K-bullets, destroying planes...

Expect a lot of matches full of crap: run through an open field, dodging K-bullets and AT Rockets. When you finally find a cold rock to hug and take a breath, Mortar fire drops. So you run to a building area only to find out is full of Tripwires and Medics on the windows throwing Rifle grenades.
    The only guys you will be able to kill will be those who are pointing at the sky with the Madsen Trench.

this is gold, pure gold, i loled
  • Esk1m0z4mb1k
    226 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This assignement is way easier than most people try to make it looks like. You don't need to take down a full hp plane, just steal someone else's kill like it often happens on PC. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy doing it way more than the terrible 20 HS with the MP18 opt, this one was a real pain in the ****.

Hopefully this assignement will get changed before release, I don't want people to realize that shooting at planes is effective >:)
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If someone wants to unlock one of these weapons, in the end he will complete the assignments one way or the other.

The real problem is the effect these assignments have over the gameplay in a normal match.

Rocket guns, Rifle grenades, Tripwire, Mortar, K-bullets, destroying planes...

Expect a lot of matches full of crap: run through an open field, dodging K-bullets and AT Rockets. When you finally find a cold rock to hug and take a breath, Mortar fire drops. So you run to a building area only to find out is full of Tripwires and Medics on the windows throwing Rifle grenades.
    The only guys you will be able to kill will be those who are pointing at the sky with the Madsen Trench.

Exactly.
    Why "forcing" medic to use the Rifle Grenade again, there is not enough nade?
    I would rather do 1 millions points by healing to unlock the gun than use this **** again. Because it's the role of the medic to heal and revive.
    They don't learn from their mistake.
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope this is just a joke or an experiment that will be changed after the CTE (we can probably get chronic traumatic encephalopathy from beta testing this sucker).

What's this? To get a Vetterli I have to only kill medics with the Springfield + Pedersen device? Guess I have to leave assault & support alone. The Red Cross won't be too happy to hear that. :o

The Madsen thing might be doable if they hadn't nerfed SAWs to death. :s As it is, I already take potshots at planes passing overhead because archie emplacements are always either busted or used as traps by snipers. It's not very satisfying to do perhaps 4% damage only for some1 else to claim credit for the kill. And anyway, I thought the Parabellum was mainly used on 2-seater aircraft rather than groundpounders. :p

Thanks a heap, EA/Dice, for making us jump through hoops to earn the Mosin-Nagant which was supposed to be standard issue to Russian troops. If you ran the Pentagon, you would force us to bag 50 kills with an M1 carbine before allowing us to get our hands on a stock M16A1. :# Maybe it would be more realistic to hand us a 5-round clip and say we have to wait for our squadmate to die so we can take his rifle like in Enemy At the Gates. I could buy a real 1 from a military surplus store for around 200 warbonds. ~_~

I still want that Federov just to check out another proto-assault rilfe. Betcha' it'll be a Ribeye Lite.

What's the problem? The requirements to unlock both Mosin variants are nothing complicate to accomplish...

50 G.98 Marksman (done in 1-2 games)
    +
    15 Tripwire HE (done under 5 games)

&

3 headshot with SMLE (done in 1 game)
    +
    20 kills with Mars (done under 5 games)

Essentially, in 5 games, a mediocre player can unlock both variant.
    A good player will have it complete in 2-3 games.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This assignement is way easier than most people try to make it looks like. You don't need to take down a full hp plane, just steal someone else's kill like it often happens on PC. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy doing it way more than the terrible 20 HS with the MP18 opt, this one was a real pain in the ****.

Hopefully this assignement will get changed before release, I don't want people to realize that shooting at planes is effective >:)

Players who don't play conquest/operations say "Hi"

Also it's using the Madsen Trench out of all lmgs.
  • MarxistDictator
    4976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well they're going to have to play modes with vehicles anyway if they want to unlock the other guns. What's the deal with trying to reach out to those who just play a kiddy pool TDM?

Honestly the assignments are all so easy I'm surprised people are crying. The plane destruct is the only criteria I'm sure they'll change anyway since it's bizzare (why not use the MG15 Suppressive for this assignment and only involve 1 plane? I'm sure it'd convince people how effective ground fire actually is while being much more achievable and reasonable than using a high recoil mg without a bipod and a small magazine to do it).
  • boutneus
    2475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ask a buddy to land in a field and be done with it. Easy
  • buykrasdale
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Too bad about this Madsen assignment. I was really looking forward to using the new LMGs. There's just no way I'm trotting around with a weapon I already know I dislike, waiting for the perfect, unlikely circumstances TWICE. It would end up being a hundred very unenjoyable, tedious rounds of conquest and that's not what I paid for.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Crabman has a valid point there. I prefer to play WP/Dom mainly but to unlock something I am kinda forced to play other modes. Yet those who play Conquest/Frontlines aren't forced to play a different mode.
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another proof DICE is detached from the reality that happens on public servers.
    Even detached from their own game.
  • crabman169
    Well they're going to have to play modes with vehicles anyway if they want to unlock the other guns. What's the deal with trying to reach out to those who just play a kiddy pool TDM?

Honestly the assignments are all so easy I'm surprised people are crying. The plane destruct is the only criteria I'm sure they'll change anyway since it's bizzare (why not use the MG15 Suppressive for this assignment and only involve 1 plane? I'm sure it'd convince people how effective ground fire actually is while being much more achievable and reasonable than using a high recoil mg without a bipod and a small magazine to do it).

Well you never had to for the TSNP weapons; I remember getting the Lebel Sniper on my first match on Verdun which was Frontlines

What if people seriously do not like playing those modes and are now being forced to on the lucky chance they MAY get to progress towards unlocking a dlc weapon. Hell the 25 AT mine kills for the Hel Defensive where annoying enough.

At least with the mp18 optical 20 headshots you could do it on any map on any mode hell even get it all in one match if you tried.

Honestly dont even know if it's even be worth playing an objective mode such as conquest as everyone will be chasing the weapons and there is hardly any that promote playing the objective and teamwork.

"Kill 5 scouts with K bullets"
    May as well say give the enemy team a flag/tank/plane/horse five times