Need tips for the Selbstlader 1906

2»

Comments

• ZOMBIE_BAIT_368
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    slu1ce wrote: »
    Great tips all around. Thanks guys.

(I was honestly expecting some crap like : "Just use another weapon!")

So, if I get this right, I should have the mindset of a "scout", in the sens that when playing a scout, even aggressively, you never want to be in CQC situation, nor do you want to be the first in, on the OBJ.

The problem I have with this gun is way too often I will lay 1 to 2 bullet on the enemy and then it's "hide and reload", rinse and repeat.
    Therefore my KPM (0.9) is really low with it compared to other Medic options.

I'm hoping the sniper variant helps in that regard.

What are your favorite sidearm options to go along the 1906?

How effective is the 1906 in hip fire (for CQC, obviously...)?

Not necessarily, you can definitely fight up close, but like most other medic rifles, medium range is the "sweet spot" where other Medics with slow firing SLRs, Assaults and Supports really cant compete with you (Supports who arent on their bipods anyway)

You dont have to play cautiously, in fact playing too cautiously would be frustrating with this rifle. If you want to hang back and make pot shots, the slower firing, larger mag capacity rifles would be better suited I think. You can definitely move in close and really abuse that rate of fire and put people down quick but keep on the run. Dip in and out of cover while reloading then pop around from another angle to hit somebody else.

Never pop two shots into a guy then fall back to reload. Dump the entire mag in his direction then reload with a fresh clip of 5. Even if you know your 3 other rounds wont hit.

I would never hipfire with this rifle. If I had to put my gasmask on, or if I was in house to house fighting where I wouldnt have time to aim down sights, I would already have my Auto Revolver in my hands.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are your favorite sidearm options to go along the 1906?

Taschenpistole M1914, but that's mostly because I just like the pocket-pistols by nature. Luger worked pretty well with it too.
    How effective is the 1906 in hip fire (for CQC, obviously...)?

Not very good IMHO. If you have to hipfire with it, you should have your pistol out instead. If there's gas for example denying you the ability to aim, you should move elsewhere instead of trying or just use your pistol. I would only hipfire if it's absolutely the only possible way to maybe kill that guy right in front of you.
  • SoleSurvivor116
    233 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2017
    Up close just spam it like theres no tommorrow. If theres multiple targets then use your auto revolver. You will get used to the reload and firerate quickly. Also never ever use a bayonet
  • eemmunnee
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    I would say a reliable sidearm as everyone had already said, rifenade, bayonet, and med pouch can really save you with this gun. They give you more options than a 5 round clip when there are multiple enemies while throwing down health as you find cover (other than healing squad).

Although probably my 2nd or 3rd best gun it is hands down my favorite. The accuracy, action on it, the sound, and the look/skins. The challenge of using it while topping the board is also VERY satisfying.
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    eemmunnee wrote: »
    I would say a reliable sidearm as everyone had already said, rifenade, bayonet, and med pouch can really save you with this gun. They give you more options than a 5 round clip when there are multiple enemies while throwing down health as you find cover (other than healing squad).

Although probably my 2nd or 3rd best gun it is hands down my favorite. The accuracy, action on it, the sound, and the look/skins. The challenge of using it while topping the board is also VERY satisfying.

So a medic that doesn't revive? No thanks...
  • TamKingski
    1747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »
    It has great stats, but the 5 round mag is really annoying. If you have one or two bullets left it's better to shoot them off because the reload will be quicker when the animation loads a 5 round mag than it is to reload 3 or 4 bullets one at a time.

I actually enjoyed the Selb 1906 Sniper better than the Factory version, the gun does really well at medium distance. I found it's not the greatest at close quarter combat and definitely don't spray and pray with it, take your time and make every shot count.

Always put bayonets on all of your rifles that allow it.
    Don't always put bayonets on everything

Please elaborate? :smile:

I rarely use the bayonet due to it increasing your aim down sights time,its probably a very small ammount but in a fast paced fps every little helps and could mean the difference between getting the first hit in or being hit first. Even more so if using a sniper or single/semi auto weapon.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It really is the Ali / Rope-A-Dope weapon.

My best results with the weapon were in conquest, travelling with a pack. Given it's ammo limitations, getting into one-on-one gunfights was really highlighting the limitations of the gun.

But moving as a group, with your squad/teammates, ensuring you aren't always the target that sticks out really helped me. Also "assists count as kills" really mattered with this weapon.

From there it's all about the rope-a-dope - pop Out, super quick mag dump to take advantage of its extremely accurate recoil pattern, pop back in for the reload.

I know loads of people tend to choose slow shooting accuracy over rapid fire with this weapon, but my best results came when isolating one or two targets and firing quickly.
  • eemmunnee
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So a medic that doesn't revive? No thanks...[/quote]

Until a med pouch falls from the grace of God so you don't need that revive..