Hit Detection

Comments

• xXEPIcFAILXx17
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Possible hit detection issue?
    (first target seems fine since it is farther, but second target only gets one or two hit markers out of numerous shots, including what seems like an initial headshot while he is prone)
    [vimeo]

In the video there is some teleporting with one of your blueberries suggesting there may be some issues with the network or the server, too bad you didn't have the netgraph on.

Also it would be more beneficial if you used the video capture feature on the console, you will get better quality videos.

Tbh this looks like network issues not hit registraion might be that person or you not enough info to tell buts dosnt seem like its the game at fault rather than connection issues
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks like frame drops , the old 10hz p2p hosted cod games run better than this game and normally the host was the player with over 500ms ping dropping all his packets.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (first target seems fine since it is farther, but second target only gets one or two hit markers out of numerous shots, including what seems like an initial headshot while he is prone)
    [vimeo]

In the video there is some teleporting with one of your blueberries suggesting there may be some issues with the network or the server, too bad you didn't have the netgraph on.

Also it would be more beneficial if you used the video capture feature on the console, you will get better quality videos.

I do actually use the console's video capture feature, but I don't really know how to convert these to a URL without recording it with my phone, then going to a site like vimeo. (Sorry, there is probably an easier way, I just don't know what it is yet.. I'm open to suggestions.)
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [vimeo]

I do actually use the console's video capture feature, but I don't really know how to convert these to a URL without recording it with my phone, then going to a site like vimeo. (Sorry, there is probably an easier way, I just don't know what it is yet.. I'm open to suggestions.)

If you're on xbox you can upload them to a youtube account via the xbox youtube app, pretty much the same thing on ps4.
  • oJU5T1No
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is now the state of the game , spawns that are getting worse normally they spawn in front of me , when I have killed the guy and am reloading now they don't wait and spawn in as i'm shooting the guy , stuttering frame rate and apparently my bullets fly in reverse and go back in my mag when shooting players watch my ammo count as I die.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/oJU5T1No/video/34596672
  • FireteamRED
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Had a weird hit detection for the 1st time in a tank yesterday. Tank was abandoned by teammate or enemy not sure which one ....but I hooped right in. Fired 6 rounds point blank at an enemy and got nothing.... not even a single hit marker. Was able to bail the tank and shoot my sweeper for the kill just fine after .
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had a weird hit detection for the 1st time in a tank yesterday. Tank was abandoned by teammate or enemy not sure which one ....but I hooped right in. Fired 6 rounds point blank at an enemy and got nothing.... not even a single hit marker. Was able to bail the tank and shoot my sweeper for the kill just fine after .

So when you hopped out, you were not a tanker class? That's weird.. like it never registered that you even got into a tank as the driver.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So when you hopped out, you were not a tanker class? That's weird.. like it never registered that you even got into a tank as the driver.

He would not be a tanker class, if he jumped in the abandoned tank as a medic.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    lizzard wrote: »

Nope, I just thought you had some nice video. Of people repeatedly being protected by a wall, while partially being "inside" the wall.

Would be nice if that glitch could be solved for a future iteration of Battlefield.

What am I? Chopped liver?
    Melee through wall:
    [vimeo]

Wow! That's crazy! The dude in the wall that is. Guess you're not safe anywhere in this game.

Tell me about it. I was bayonet charged while I was still on the spawn screen :p

Joined a game of conquest less than 300 tickets in and we already know the outcome however my spawns are as follows...spawn in at base on Soy sauce - killed by plane, spawn in at A (after team capped it - since i was dead thanks to Mr. camp your spawn plane guy) and Char 2(Picardie - beam me up Scottie) killed me (and when i joined we were only up 40 orso tickets), then spawn on guy in bunker off of A and i get cavalry guillotined - great start to joining a server - i feel your pain...i think the worst is the horrible black screen that tells you that you are joining a game and then you never do...i find it funny to just walk away and then then turn on the xbone several days later to see if it ever joined a game.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kniphtee wrote: »

Nope, I just thought you had some nice video. Of people repeatedly being protected by a wall, while partially being "inside" the wall.

Would be nice if that glitch could be solved for a future iteration of Battlefield.

Melee through wall:
    [vimeo]

Wow! That's crazy! The dude in the wall that is. Guess you're not safe anywhere in this game.

Tell me about it. I was bayonet charged while I was still on the spawn screen :p

Joined a game of conquest less than 300 tickets in and we already know the outcome however my spawns are as follows...spawn in at base on Soy sauce - killed by plane, spawn in at A (after team capped it - since i was dead thanks to Mr. camp your spawn plane guy) and Char 2(Picardie - beam me up Scottie) killed me (and when i joined we were only up 40 orso tickets), then spawn on guy in bunker off of A and i get cavalry guillotined - great start to joining a server - i feel your pain...i think the worst is the horrible black screen that tells you that you are joining a game and then you never do...i find it funny to just walk away and then then turn on the xbone several days later to see if it ever joined a game.

Dude, that would really ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ me off. I was just tryin to be funny with that post. Your experience would make me quit for awhile & come back.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    kniphtee wrote: »

Melee through wall:
    [vimeo]

Dude, that would really **** me off. I was just tryin to be funny with that post. Your experience would make me quit for awhile & come back.

When I get spawn killed for the 5 time in a row. Thats when I 1.2 second later, usually try to force feed my ps4 with the dualschock...
  • PhilCliff
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2017
    I've hardly complained about hit reg as my end has always been cool. Now I feel I have to. This is the first time since release I've felt I had to.

Since the update the following has happened:

Ping: My ping used to be between 0-25. Now it stays at 31, sometimes jumps to 40ish-50ish and will not go lower. Not even once.

More bullets: Before the update I'd aim, shoot and receive the hit markers almost immediately, thus getting a kill. NOW I just receive endless amounts of hit markers then I die. NO kill.

Dying immediately: Again, before the update I'd always get the first shot on an enemy. Now I'm dying before I even get a chance to shoot my gun. This is on a face-to-face contact.

Whole game feels bloated: Now my game just permanently seems it's trying to catch up with what's going on. Buffering so to speak. Choppy. Before it was smooth.

Used to top the scoreboard: I used to be in the top 5 every game. Practically every single game. Always with a decent KDR (I know thats not important). Now I'm just dying most games. I'm averaging top 10 sometimes worse. With practically an even KDR.

Whatever has changed, it is killing my experience personally. Probably thousands others.
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a round cq in bad company 2 on xbox one and that game has better hit detection than this one. lol Maybe dice should go backwards instead of forward.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    I just played a round cq in bad company 2 on xbox one and that game has better hit detection than this one. lol Maybe dice should go backwards instead of forward.

Really...thats interesting since I remember all the complaints on hit reg back in that game too. Especially the knife bug.

While i love BC2 its interesting how over time people forget all the flaws of previous games.
    Post edited by VBALL_MVP on
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Really...thats interesting since I remember all the complaints on hit reg back in that game too. Especially the knife bug.

While i live BC2 its interesting how over time people forget all the flaws of previous games.

Yep
  • Astr0damus
    edited August 2017
    I've got a video of really bad hit detection with melee while enemy is on AA gun.. the enemy was stabbed like 5 times with no effect, then shot several times at close range (point blank) to no avail.
    I'll probably upload it tomorrow if I can be bothered..

Another video where I shot a guy in a fortress gun seat, but it didn't register at all.. I walked around and shot again, and it blew him away in one shot.
  • HillbillyJohn

While i love BC2 its interesting how over time people forget all the flaws of previous games.

Hit reg wasn't an issue for me in that game, wish dice would do a remake of it.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know what BF4 never had this bad off a problem.
  • lizzard

Hit reg wasn't an issue for me in that game, wish dice would do a remake of it.

Highpingers hitboxes was laging behind.

And turn speed was way too slow.

Other than that the game was really solid for me.
    Never had any other issues.
    But then again, it didn't have all those inconsistent stupid gamemechaniks that started to be introduced in bf3.
  • kniphtee
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PhilCliff wrote: »
    I've hardly complained about hit reg as my end has always been cool. Now I feel I have to. This is the first time since release I've felt I had to.

Since the update the following has happened:

Ping: My ping used to be between 0-25. Now it stays at 31, sometimes jumps to 40ish-50ish and will not go lower. Not even once.

More bullets: Before the update I'd aim, shoot and receive the hit markers almost immediately, thus getting a kill. NOW I just receive endless amounts of hit markers then I die. NO kill.

Dying immediately: Again, before the update I'd always get the first shot on an enemy. Now I'm dying before I even get a chance to shoot my gun. This is on a face-to-face contact.

Whole game feels bloated: Now my game just permanently seems it's trying to catch up with what's going on. Buffering so to speak. Choppy. Before it was smooth.

Used to top the scoreboard: I used to be in the top 5 every game. Practically every single game. Always with a decent KDR (I know thats not important). Now I'm just dying most games. I'm averaging top 10 sometimes worse. With practically an even KDR.

Whatever has changed, it is killing my experience personally. Probably thousands others.

That's why I shelfed the game - be back when the next patch/map hits...all those points are spot on other than my ping being slightly lower. The single frame deaths, stutters, freezes, hit reg - geez, my son the other day was asking a question about dinner and said to me 'how did you not hit that guy?' - I just said, 'only in Battlefield' and then the next two follow-up shots with the Lebel also went through the guy before he turned with the bar storm and killed...so my son said 'go back to BF4', I smiled and shut the game off mid-round - what's the use? In this forum it's always our fault - I call bs (like the college drinking game from 20 years ago) - this game is in a sad state for players and that's from the PS4 and XBONE communities I communicate with - call in a doc.