This Week in Battlefield V

MG14 Parabellum Low Weight

Dovahki1n
220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
New assignment is disgusting. Destroy 2 planes with the Madsen TRENCH? I saw a comment about it and I quote "I'd rather have an assignment to do 2000 total damage to airplanes with the madsen MG". <<<THIS is a far better idea. Destroying 2 planes would require you to land the last bullet, this means the other players doing exactly that wouldn't get the challenge done. Some terrible challenges in this DLC to be honest. Doing 2000 damage to planes would be better for all players as they can do it all at the same time.

Comments

• huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I could handle doing x amount of damage to planes ,you may get lucky and shoot one down in the process. but shooting it down shouldn't be a requirement . too circumstantial, and too much luck involved.
  • SuperReds1892
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'll fire a full mag or clip into any low flying plane, it's just something I've always done. In my whole time playing I've managed to destroy one plane, from the top of the airship with the selbstadler. I won't even attempt this as I'm not prepared to stand looking at the sky for multiple rounds.
  • UglyNoah
    1243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's clever

And challenges are challenges
    There were far more difficult ones in bf4

Maybe the reward just ain't worth it for ya
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2017
    I've shot down several planes with the MG15 and even got one or two with the lewis gun suppressive. but even then most of the time it takes a little help from teammates or an AA gunner, or a friendly pilot shooting at them too. if the madsen had a 100 round mag ,then it would be possible. unless they count the rear gunner on the bomber plane, it's a madsen variant ,I have took down a few with that.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    UglyNoah wrote: »

The thing is, thought, that this can't even be considered a challenge because it's almost entirely luck-based, like many other requirements in this game. Someone could just as easily fulfill this requirement on accident by happening to land the fatal shot on an enemy plane flying behind enemy infantry they're shooting at as they could by dedicating entire matches to shooting at enemy planes hoping to complete this challenge.

Another problem is that it's possible for people to steal the kills away from someone who put more work into fulfilling the requirements. I wouldn't have a problem if the challenges were more realistic, but to call this a challenge would be like considering finding $20 on the street a wise decision.

For something to be a challenge, it has to be mostly based on player skill. The only skill involved in this challenge is kill stealing skill.
  • Dovahki1n
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've shot down several planes with the MG15 and even got one or two with the lewis gun suppressive. but even then most of the time it takes a little help from teammates or an AA gunner, or a friendly pilot shooting at them too. if the madsen had a 100 round mag ,then it would be possible. unless they count the rear gunner on the bomber plane, it's a madsen variant ,I have took down a few with that.

No it's not. It's a Becker Type M2 20 mm cannon, two completely different weapons.
  • DarthTater116
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The challenge is based entirely on luck, there is no way people are going to be able to shoot down 2 planes with a gun the has 31 rounds
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How many 2 Plane threads do we really need? I think a couple more would fulfill my thirst for them.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    UglyNoah wrote: »
    I think it's clever

There were far more difficult ones in bf4

Maybe the reward just ain't worth it for ya

The thing is that i paid for this game and premium. So that includes anything in it. I don't want to have my paid content behind some crazy assignment.
  • blair154224
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The thing is that i paid for this game and premium. So that includes anything in it. I don't want to have my paid content behind some crazy assignment.

it's not so much the assignment system that's the problem, it's the actual assignment itself
  • BigWoofWoof
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's a genuinely dumb challenge
    Half the players in each team shooting at the sky hoping they get lucky
    Madness
  • steezytoowidhit
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @battlefield i really hope you change this assignment before release
  • blair154224
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i think i may end up just boosting this with a friend
  • steezytoowidhit
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys we should focus on making this thread a trend so that way dice can see this and hopefully change it
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There will be about 20 support players on each team trying to destroy them in every match. Sitting at the spawn it's bad for teamplay and it's bad for the game.
  • disposalist
    8594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's not difficult. Nor is searching for similar threads before posting.
    I thought I'd try this mission in advance because people were crying about it and I thought "doesn't sound bad". 5 minutes later: -
  • shadowlord200
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought I'd try this mission in advance because people were crying about it and I thought "doesn't sound bad". 5 minutes later: -

How about you stop linking the video thats on a PC? PS4 and Xbox One controls and recoil are very different to PC.
  • TamKingski
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lets just hope that the assignment progress reset bug has been properly fixed. I forsee alot of salt if someone shoots down 2 planes and it resets on the next part of the assignment. XD
  • disposalist
    8594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    How about you stop linking the video thats on a PC? PS4 and Xbox One controls and recoil are very different to PC.
    Recoil is exactly the same and what I did on PC was hardly startling target tracking. If I can do it in 5 minutes then anyone can do it within a few games (whilst having fun doing other stuff - just keep an eye on the dogfights and AA action).

I keep linking it because people keep making new threads and clearly have not tried to do it before crying about it.