It's been a tremendously long time since we had any official, big, post about RSP. If you look at the stickied threads you notice that they are all in 2016. We're closing in on a full first year after release of the actual game. Yet many things, especially regarding RSP haven't been implemented. I'm getting sick of the promises that massive RSP updates are to come, or that we are being heard. I've been trying to remain hopefull and positive for almost a year now. If there is a serious lack of improvement of RSP by the next DLC then I can at least say that all hope is to be gone by then.
If SWBF2 is not to have RSP or 3rd party hosting then we know how it'll be from here on. My expectations (read hopes) for now are that RSP is not moving because it's due with a major update during either GamesCom or, what I expect more, with the release of SWBF2. If neither is the case then I think it is more than fair to say, RSP aint coming anymore, especially not the way we want it.
If the community, especially clans and communities within BF really were taken seriously then I have some questions.
1. Why has our master RSP request list not been implemented yet? The entire community is backing that list.
2. Why are even more demanded basic options still not implemented? Those who we really need the most at first.
3. Why is communicating with us so hard? Don't give me the "because of legal stuff" statement. I know how that works as that is my job. At least a roadmap can and should be shared.
4. Platoons were to be updated too because you (DICE/EA) said you knew that 100 players isn't big enough.
5. Why does PC get treated like a console? It isn't, stop doing that. Creating a universal UI is a nice thought, but won't be possible to due different demands between PC and console.
6. Is RSP really taken seriously at all? A while ago it was stated that "RSP development went into full gear mode".
There's a lot more to ask but for now I want to stick with this.
I still want to see RSP succeed as, ideally with EA/DICE being in control instead of 3rd party hosters, it could and should work out a lot better. Fact stays, procon/rcon are community made. With EA/DICE taking things in their own hands, theoretically, it should be a lot better than the community made stuff. But the sad truth for now is and remains, we're even below the BF3 console RSP bar. Because even in BF3 on the Xbox 360/PS3 you could do MORE than anyone can do now. To make matters more interesting, in the year 2000 we could do MORE than we can do now. Technology and development should be moving forward, instead we've been going backwards with mach 10.