In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

I stopped bf1, Impossible to play without seeing a cheat

Comments

• Wurtenslurps
    73 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 11
    JummixITA wrote: »
    Well, until now i've been lucky, only once in a game with a guy 69-2.

Cheating to them is "normal" gameplay to them, While they are the bane of any multiplayer game in regards to the larger portion of the playerbase playing legitimately.

I cheated a lot in gtaonline, mostly harmless things ( kick out of car/helicopter, rainbow car color, spawn a npc as backpack, clowns, teleporting around. Unless someone was a destructive cheater, in that case spam teleport in the sea till ragequit ). At most in FPS like BF i can tolerate if someone go around spamming smoke granades or stand still in the air/ground in god mode.

Here we have a good example of people who do not accept current rules and change game rules according to the likes and tastes.
    Instead of playing the game as it is supposed to be, they change what they think is okay.
    Rage hacker is the one that everyone sees and responds to, but how many cheaters are there, just changing these small things to not be revealed by FF and adjusting their gaming not getting caught.

They are the majority of cheaters, those who only use "small" cheats to get the benefits they would not deserve.
  • 287martin
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If fairfight works how is it possible a LVL 18 player can go 50+ kills to zero deaths in conquest mode round after round after round without being kicked. He was getting impossible head shot kills all the time. He was cheating and everyone was calling him out. He was reported by many including myself and the player is still active. So no fairfight isn't working and the process of reporting obvious cheaters isn't working. Stop ignoring the issue in the hope that it will go away because it won't without some kind of action from developers. What will go away are the genuine players who are fed up getting killed by these idiots who shouldn't be allowed to play the game.
  • Teh_Next
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FF IS working.
    What the actual issue happens to be is that it's not adequate.
  • BigBirdNL
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Calls himself Community Manager....so sad.
  • Stormfirebird
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 11
    If they are gonna announce/release something concerning anti cheat its probably at gamescom.
  • MikeManiac61
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Funny, I've been looking at the Battlefront forums ever since release and folks are complaining about the same thing. Nothings changed.
  • st0ry
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I"m just wondering with so many cheaters in bf1 if we could classify the game as pay to win ?
  • Rev0verDrive
    5939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Skeater44 wrote: »
    Finally after 124 pages someone with a EA tag says something. And yet, has said nothing. :(

4 months ago Indigo replied to the question: Will there ever be another anticheat?
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: We don't talk about our anti-cheat measures publicly. But they are there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/62wqti/will_there_ever_be_another_anticheat/dfs1cf7/

Even if a dev or any other DICE/EA rep responded to this thread it's the only answer you'll ever get.

This information was posted about 80 pages or so back in this very thread.

This is the only information you will more than likely EVER see about the extended anti-cheat.
  • 1ToxicBeef1
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol battlefront doesn't need anything is has star wars fan bois lol
  • SarajevoSoldier
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Name and shame Policy on nicknames. That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time.

• Mikhailovitch
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. The name and shame policy has been in effect since the dawn of time, just about every Forum regular knows about it, and trying to argue with a mod over a rule that is one of the more clear-cut ToS tenets is pretty pointless.
    2. Yah, FF works -- in the same way that a tin cup can help to bail out a boat that's been holed by a torpedo.
    3. Yep. EA screwed up by releasing a game that has no client-side AC, as well as by giving a great ole' metaphorical middle finger to the clanner admins that have been shoveling so much gravel lo these long years.
    4. And, no, EA is not likely to do anything about the mess. They've already got our money, the PC player base is a piddling share of the BF1 market anyways, and so there's little reason to make the jump to light speed and go all out on trying to simultaneously adapt a solid AC as well as (somehow) pulling all of the now largely absent clanner admins back into the fold.
    5. Just take the whole fiasco as a lesson learned. Think of it as an Experience, like something Winnie the Pooh might go through, with the moral of the story being not to EVER pre-order an EA game and/or (like your 'umble idiot narrator, here) pre-pay for the whole deluxe enchilada.
  • newhanderic
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 12
    I'm going to break this down for you, line by line, and this will be the end of this.
    DoranBF4 wrote: »
    Sorry LOLGotYerTags I do not agree at all.
    It's irrelevant if you agree with the rules and enforcement of them. You accepted them by creating your EA account and agreeing to the Terms of Service.
    Name and Shame is if I call someone a cheater and post pictures here.
    This guy himself was acting like this and giving statements like this. It is fully ok if I make a screenshot and post it here in my opinion.
    But even if not, correcting me is ok but what do you do against this?
    I brought to your attention that there is someone who wants to kill "jews with gas". We both agree that the guy must be a real idiot but if such behavior has no consequences the community is totally lost. Ok its a game and people often say things in the mid of a combat they did not think about but that guy is another story.
    If the comments were made IN-GAME, you need to report them appropriately, as stated by @LOLGotYerTags. Our FORUM moderators are not IN-GAME moderators, and most are volunteers. This means they don't have the tools to take action against someone in-game. Report the offender properly.
    Bring it up to the attention of EA/Dice please or will go the official way and fill a police report including your name here that you did not act.
    Nothing against you in person but EA/Dice should stop focussing on forum rules and take such things more serious.
    Legal threats are not allowed nor welcome and will result in your removal from this community. You can contact EA's Legal department if you have any questions regarding this.
    On 22.8 I will be on gamescom (press access) and if there is a chance I will talk to someone official from EA/Dice.
    Fantastic. I'll be there too. And I'll tell you, in person, the exact same thing I'm telling you right now.
    I am so sad that there is no way to get a refund. You promised an anti cheat and that fairfight works. Well it does not...........
    If a company says the product can do XYZ and it does not I get a discout or my money back.
    I hope people will not pre-order the next battlefield or battlefront 2. If this is the only way that EA/Dice takes action my pocket stays closed.
    EA DICE COMMUNITY MANAGER where are you? Fancy presentations pre-ordering and then gone with the wind.... ^^
    I'm right here. I'm always on these forums, but I'm not always posting on every thread. That is not what a Community Manager's job is in totality. I am here to provide information, back up my moderators when needed - they've been doing this for a few years at least, so it's not often I have to do that - and to ensure that this Forum/Community stays as toxic-free as possible.

RE: Anti-cheat. Fairfight does work. You're talking about two different things. Someone saying something offensive and anti-cheat. You do realize that's two completely different departments, right?

And finally -
    You don't have to agree to the rules, but you will follow them or you won't be participating in these forums. This is not up for discussion, debate, and we will not entertain any arguments about it.

It's simple. And I'll say it one last time - see something that violates the Terms of Service in-game, report them properly.
    See something that violates the Forum Rules and Terms of Service, report them properly.

-Braddock512-

120 page long thread, and now you focused on ONE person messing around with the forum rules, but not focusing on the topic itself

No wonder why you guys at EA/DICE whatever think BF1 is currently at a health state, Cheers =] !

And guess what, I just met a damage hackers that I reported few weeks ago, and he's still playing the game!

Oh maybe he's actually too GUD that he's capable of 1shot someone in full health, with weapon in no way would be able to deal 100 damage.

There's no way that FF doesn't work, nor the EA/DICE staff aren't banning the hackers.
  • siftycat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 12
    If the comments were made IN-GAME, you need to report them appropriately, as stated by @LOLGotYerTags. Our FORUM moderators are not IN-GAME moderators, and most are volunteers. This means they don't have the tools to take action against someone in-game. Report the offender properly.

In game chat is toxic enough to make me not want to play, and the reporting process is so ugly and convoluted it's easier to not play than keep reporting it. I just came back to it on PC after a long break now it's on Access, and I'm suprised that you haven't done anything to curb the kind of things that happen in chat: apparently **** and racial slurs aren't enough to get you banned, or even flagged - they're happening so often and there have clearly been zero reprisals because people aren't afraid to use them. Very unlike BF4, where private servers have no trouble moderating their users.

But pretty much what you want us to do to report people being grossly offensive in the in-game chat is to make a note of their user name, what they're saying, possibly record a video of it happening, and then go back out to Origin, search for them, report them, fill out the details, possibly upload the video to YouTube, and then go back to the game where people are still spouting the same stuff and hope that in two, three, four weeks EA or DICE or whoever might get around to reviewing what happened and given them a slap on the wrist, if you ever handle the report or watch the video, and there's no evidence that you do.

So pretty much the same process as reporting suspected cheats, only there's no doubt that someone is throwing around abuse in chat. And that reporting system is wholly inadequate. Battlefield now pretty much has the most toxic community in PC FPS gaming, worse than CS:GO. Certainly worse than Call of Duty, and I'm going to say it's worse than Rising Storm. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've fostered that because you made private servers so unattractive to people and you've failed to either implement auto bans for that language (either from the server or from chat) or pay people to actively moderate things.
    RE: Anti-cheat. Fairfight does work. You're talking about two different things. Someone saying something offensive and anti-cheat. You do realize that's two completely different departments, right?

Fairfight doesn't work. The reporting system for either cheating or offensive language doesn't work. It's stupid and convoluted and seems designed to put people off. No one wants to play if they're subject to cheating (and even if they're not actually subject to being killed off by cheats, you've done nothing to alter the perception that this is what's happening). That's why BF1's PC players are approaching BF4 levels after a year. That's why it's on Origin Access after a year.

No client side anti-cheat, so you encourage us to send videos, but you're not even watching them. And I've sent plenty of videos through the Origin reporting system where someone's been cheating or being grossly offensive, set them to unlisted, and none of them have any views. Because all you do is say you care - you don't actually do anything to demonstrate you're taking things seriously. You care more about the privacy of someone's screen name than you do about people playing the game - that's why now FairFight brings up its arbitrary "FairFight has banned a player". That's utterly meaningless. You could generate a message that gets sent at arbitrary intervals and it'd be as meaningful as that message. For all we know that's what you're doing anyway. What evidence is there you're banning people? Unlike Steam you don't keep bans on people's accounts for everyone to see when they loudly proclaim they've never seen a cheat. Unlike Microsoft Store Origin isn't fully encrypted to stop people messing with it.

All your games are the same. BF4 and BF3 are less bad because of private servers, but Titanfall and Titanfall 2, even Garden Warfare 2, and you only need to look at the speedruns on Mirror's Edge Catalyst to see how you've done nothing about people using glitches to get sub 3 second times on challenges. The one and only time EA cared at all was when people started buying and selling FIFA coins - in other words when it hit EA's bottom line.

There's no way I'm buying anything on PC again. EA haven't taken PC gamers seriously in a long time, so it's hard to get me to take what you say seriously. But if you can't see the hole you're digging for the soil in your eyes, best of luck to you. I can quite easily stop buying EA games for console too.

Chur.

Edit: oh my god. You actually censor "h o m o p h o b i c" on the forums but not f****t in game. All aboard the EA hypocrisy train, hey.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would be very careful what you say . I posted after braddock saying yes fairfight works but only in extreme cases and got my post removed and issued a warning via personal message for being non constructive and breaking ToS . Says it all really .so just a heads up if you tell the truth and they don't like it that's a violation of ToS .
  • siftycat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't think that's warning material, but obviously I can't see what you said for comparison. :) I've got plenty of videos of what people are saying in the actual in-game chat for comparison on that side. I'm not playing on PC again though, so EA have lost me as a player on that front anyway, but I'll still be playing TF2, Mass Effect and probably BF1 on Xbox. They just need to try much harder on PC than they currently are. 22k players peak on PC a year after release is terrible performance.
  • DeLtAuk2004
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    siftycat wrote: »
    I don't think that's warning material, but obviously I can't see what you said for comparison. :) I've got plenty of videos of what people are saying in the actual in-game chat for comparison on that side. I'm not playing on PC again though, so EA have lost me as a player on that front anyway, but I'll still be playing TF2, Mass Effect and probably BF1 on Xbox. They just need to try much harder on PC than they currently are. 22k players peak on PC a year after release is terrible performance.

Here

This is your warning. Participate in the forums in a constructive way, per the forum guidelines, or further infractions may result in your inability to participate.

RE: Anti-cheat. Fairfight does work.
    That Was good for a laugh
    An honest translation of that would have been
    Fairfight does work BUT! only in the most extreme circumstances and does not detect anything other than rage cheating .
    Pretty fair right?

This comment is not constructive and has been removed from public view. Message I got including my post .
  • DeLtAuk2004
    As most people are posting the exact same thing I would consider I am being singled out tbh which doesn't seem fair . No swearing in my post no name and shame nothing just facts .
  • Mikhailovitch
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Uh, hold on a sec, are you saying that they censored the word h***phobic? How is that possible? I mean, I get it that the ToS ban on "obscenity" -- a term that even the Scotus itself has been wrangling with for decades now -- is in some severely squishy linguistic territory, but you could stick that word in a children's cartoon and even the Crimethink boyos at the FCC wouldn't bat an eyelash.
    2. The only way that you can keep the server chats from running amok is if you've got admins riding shotgun, and the RSP rollout fiasco did a pretty good job of chasing off the vast majority of even the most hardcore of clanner admins; I personally know guys that have been pulling BF admin duty for 10+ years that finally just threw in the towel and called it quits after the spanking that EA/ Dice gave them.
    3. Which, I must admit, is kinda weird; I've never before witnessed a gaming company do such a thoroughly brutal job of totally alienating a very long-standing admin and clanner gaming community; most gaming corporations actually tend to especially value those sorts of players, and try and keep them onboard as long and as much as possible -- after all, it's fellas like that that not only shovel an awful lot of the gaming gravel, but actually pay real money for the privilege of doing so.
    4. You got your post whacked and a warning for pointing out that FF is weak tea as an anti-cheat? Really? I mean, that's like getting the kibosh for pointing out that the game is *cough* less than adequately optimized; I mean, it's just a fact that any long time player can tell you. Water is wet, the sky is blue, my QTWebEngineProcess.exe eats RAM like a starving piglet let loose on a truffle farm... and FF is just not up to snuff as a standalone AC program.