In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Xbox one tanks are a major issue

Gmkillers
1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I can't say about PS4 I presume it's the same can't say about PC but on Xbox one all I see are tanks sitting back a bit and my team getting destroyed by them. But what can DICE do about this? The howitzers are only on some parts of the map and all you have is the AT rocket..

People have figured this out now too and they sit on a hill and are used as spawn beacons.

Comments

• JohnMatrix666
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Organize as a team. Concentrate AT rocket fire on the tanks to either destroy them or force them to retreat. Rinse and repeat. You don't have to be a quantum physicist to pull that off.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Your second moan thread about tanks, give it a rest please.
  • Gmkillers
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Your second moan thread about tanks, give it a rest please.

Forum police here again.
  • Gmkillers
    Organize as a team. Concentrate AT rocket fire on the tanks to either destroy them or force them to retreat. Rinse and repeat. You don't have to be a quantum physicist to pull that off.

And a team are you kidding ? On console everyone does their own thing it's mayhem.
  • boutneus
    1533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On operations I see a ton of mortar trucks nowadays. People have become really afraid to tank and ptfo. Ow well, u all wanted nerfs.
  • crabman169
    9943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Armour is only an issue if you let it become one. Assault/support can take it out
  • JohnMatrix666
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gmkillers wrote: »

And a team are you kidding ? On console everyone does their own thing it's mayhem.

I know. That's why I made friends with a bunch of other players and started running with a squad that communicates instead of going all tonk2stronk, pls nerf.
  • Gmkillers
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/GavinM91/video/35052616

That literally just happened. We were stuck at E on Amiens, lost it by 331 points and still someone on my team went 50-0 in a heavy tank because he sat back out of the range of AT grenades.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 12
    What do you want Dice to do, only nerf Xbox tanks? :D

Wonder if anyone started a thread about nerfing tanks when I did this on Golmud?

battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/560623989490476992/940841316/
  • Gmkillers
    30-0 and? Lol you probably did that once and in that game there are multiple ways to take the tanks out at range with the RPG and everything but all that's in this game is the AT rocket which for me anyway does 16 damage against a heavy tank. More and more people are just sitting back and people can't do anything about it...
  • TOOGOODS1984
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Honestly I'm going to give you my two cent on this issue, Predominately the main reason why "tankers" go 50-0, 60-0, or whatever is as listed below.....

Also before i list I wanted to mention this is what I've personally experience on the X1 as I usually am a tanker that plays objectives and roughly go 55-1 , sometimes the occasion 70/80 bomb, especially on Amiens.

1. Team-work, pure and simple, if your team is discombobulated your screwed if the tanker is any way decent and is smart about how he positions himself.
    > A lot of these issues stem from team-work

2. The opposing team almost never goes after a dominant vehicle until either the game is practically over or they've been killed by a tanker numerous times.

3. Under-estimating the value of removing a Good tanker temporarily will increase odds of winning(Assuming your team is decent)

4. As a tanker I feel and will acknowledge that I think the tanker class needs to be redesigned or have a look at, for a variety of reasons. The self-repair is nice and handy, but takes away from team play completely and encourages to sit back, WAIT theirs more....... I also agree with players that are smart enough to recognize that 1 even 2 assault players can completely wreck you if you openly rush objectives, Generally speaking if a tanker is behind is team, IMHO he's doing it right.

I think if they remove self-repair and re-do how Anti-tank grenades affect vehicles , this could be a viable start. As it stands right now.... AT grenades are insanely OP against Infantry/vehicles

5. Lastly I want to reiterate this, If i go 50, 60,70++++ kills in a game, 99% of the time , the opposing team ignores me almost always, which begs to differ the real issue stems from team-work and self awareness.

• MarxistDictator
    2784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah the AT grenades are nuts I almost always die to those or the odd other tank. But I play up close in a tank so I kinda just assume I'm going to die. I don't think nerfing tanks is going to make less of them sit back. The game design kind of encourages that. Only 2 of the sources of infantry fire can even hit them at that point (only dumbly positioned camping tanks can be hit by field guns). I actually do think it's a huge problem with the game and OP does have a point.

There needs to be like diminishing returns on score for tanks that don't play objectives or possibly even just removing points from home bases altogether with them. I know that would make MAA camping in Operations literally pointless (lol) but sometimes it's the greater good.

Tank users that only sit in tanks, run whenever they take fire and wait in spawn for another tank whenever you kill them are the worst players, even worse than the plane rammers and terrible on your team snipers.
  • TOOGOODS1984
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah the AT grenades are nuts I almost always die to those or the odd other tank. But I play up close in a tank so I kinda just assume I'm going to die. I don't think nerfing tanks is going to make less of them sit back. The game design kind of encourages that. Only 2 of the sources of infantry fire can even hit them at that point (only dumbly positioned camping tanks can be hit by field guns). I actually do think it's a huge problem with the game and OP does have a point.

There needs to be like diminishing returns on score for tanks that don't play objectives or possibly even just removing points from home bases altogether with them. I know that would make MAA camping in Operations literally pointless (lol) but sometimes it's the greater good.

Tank users that only sit in tanks, run whenever they take fire and wait in spawn for another tank whenever you kill them are the worst players, even worse than the plane rammers and terrible on your team snipers.

Well... Rushing objectives by yourself in ANY tank, is suicidal almost always(unless your team is full of snipers...)
    The problem again stems for players not wanting to kill ANY vehicle for that matter, not just tanks but even planes. I have almost 175 stars in a heavy tank 67 in a light, and 45 in a St. Chammond, and I'm telling you right now.. I go on massive kill streaks almost every night because of no one bothers me, and if they do its usually 1-3 guys which by then I'm fully aware that a squad is trying to kill me.

I've had games we're the opposing team completely wrecked me... because all of them literally swapped assault/support and rushed me, even a squad is enough to keep me back or from helping my team, which in my mind is AMAZING! every-time i see this happen to me(rare) I get excited because i now go from killing everything to literally just trying to survive and need. Team-work always wrecks me, doesn't matter if the player is good or bad.....

Don't forget you only have 6 shots, if a squad and maybe 1 or 2 help them, your screwed or spending half your time trying to stay alive, which renders you useless.
  • Gmkillers
    I don't get any teammates helping at all on Xbox so I dunno what to really do.. playing solo is dreadful. Maybe the AT rocket could do more damage to them at range or something same with K bullets.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 12
    Give a Standard Issue Rifle to all Classes, and so less folks will play Scout (where all you get is a flare), and more play the Assault Class, and more people will go after tanks.

I mean the Scout Class is broken up into snipers, and those who just want use a rifle. Giving ironsight rifles to all the classes, will provide more Assault and Medics, rather than just campers with a flare, and make them more productive, making these folks more part of a team doing something more constructive and helpful..
  • SorensenSA
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It becomes a big issue when one team get hold of the majority og flags. The maps are so open that it's difficult to push up and snipers and tanks can just camp around picking everybody off.
  • Private_UMPalot
    SorensenSA wrote: »
    It becomes a big issue when one team get hold of the majority og flags. The maps are so open that it's difficult to push up and snipers and tanks can just camp around picking everybody off.

You ever play Damavand Peak conquest on BF3? You haven't seen spawn killing, until you've seen spawning killing on that map, and that is entirely the opposite type of map you describe. So there is no clear answer, when you are on a bad team, just expect it, live with it, don't cry on a forum about it.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SorensenSA wrote: »

You ever play Damavand Peak conquest on BF3? You haven't seen spawn killing, until you've seen spawning killing on that map, and that is entirely the opposite type of map you describe. So there is no clear answer, when you are on a bad team, just expect it, live with it, don't cry on a forum about it.

Well, if you played on Console, with i think a total 24 players (or 32, i forget), it was nowhere near a problem as this is by a long shot. There's too many players 64, and on maps that may even be smaller than past BF's, with an even higher damage model.

They just have to tone it down, and maybe come out with some smaller game modes, with smaller player caps. I mean, i have two systems, but play on Xbox, but talking to everyone who gave up on this game on both systems, it's all about frustration the biggest issue.
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 12
    Tankers have been using these same old tactics for many BF games. It's seems much easier to do it in this game though, everyone says use teamwork, fine. If you manage to gather up some team mates to focus on that camping vehicle then good for you, whats maddening is that even though you kill that guy (if he doesn't manage to run away) he still going to wait on spawn screen until another tanks come and do the exact same thing. Makes me miss the potential 2 hit kill RPG and powerful sticky C4, those cowardly tankers did not stand a chance.

Artillery trucks are the worst for this.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!