Introducing Service Assignments - Please Give Feedback

Comments

• Sawtooth75
    906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2017
    Please only post your feedback on the original topic. Thanks

As a reminder:
    Indigownd wrote: »
    Here is a list of the first batch of Service Assignments. Note this is simply the initial batch, challenges that will test your skills even further will be coming in subsequent updates.
    Please let us know what you think of them:
    Please provide constructive feedback, thoughts and suggestions.

• bleachee
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's best not to have unlocks that encourage boosting if possible.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like doing assignments and its great we can skip one.
  • 1Arnavut
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    1Arnavut wrote: »
    @1Arnavut And we're expecting you to follow the Forum Guidelines and not harass, troll, or abuse others. (This is your warning. Provide constructive feedback on the subject of the thread, bud. Don't be that guy/gal.)

Everyone else -

Do you have SUGGESTIONS for Service Assignments?
    "This is too much of a grind." Okay, that's fair feedback. If YOU had the ability to design Service Assignments that were relevant to the awards/Specializations, what would you make?
    Let's turn this conversation around from a negative hate-fest to what it's about - giving feedback and suggestions to IMPROVE the feature.

And.... GO!

-Braddock512-

ok here is my suggestions. stop giving youtubers power. they repeated the word progression million times now we have this. i thought i was playing a battlefield game not an mmorpg. these assignments are terrible in my eyes. im a premium member and you expect me to destroy two planes with an lmg to get a weapon? thats the only weapon im looking forward to btw im not interested in others maybe except double barrel shotgun. i dont get it. i stopped playing bf1 and im not planning putting on more time into it. just make these assignments achievable thx!
    Why?
    You stopped anyway...

ima comeback for the dlc since i paid for it. isnt that too obvious?
  • FluMusiic
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Teabag only challenges please.

Teabag 37 people in 2 minutes.

Teabag 2 people with one dip.

Teabag one person for 7 minutes continuously.

Teabag someone and then take your own life.

Force debris to kill a teammate and then teabag your teammate. Switch teams and kill same guy and teabag as an enemy.

Successfully ride and bag enemy heavy tank.

25 kolibri kills. Followed by savage teabagging (maybe around 15 seconds a bag)

We should probably get some special Tbagging Perk unlocked after doing all these tbag challenges.
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Destroy 20 tanks with the HE crossbow launcher? You serious? That thing does like 8 damage to a heavy tank! The standard frag version does as much damage.
  • DarthBlueMax
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry for being annoying and pessimistic but Why not pull back about this specialization and let the loyal player just play and enjoy the game like everyday since months?. It's sooo simple... why punish the people who play the game every day with challenges or missions that break the armony of a game? For get two or three new players?
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    @1Arnavut And we're expecting you to follow the Forum Guidelines and not harass, troll, or abuse others. (This is your warning. Provide constructive feedback on the subject of the thread, bud. Don't be that guy/gal.)

Everyone else -

Do you have SUGGESTIONS for Service Assignments?
    "This is too much of a grind." Okay, that's fair feedback. If YOU had the ability to design Service Assignments that were relevant to the awards/Specializations, what would you make?
    Let's turn this conversation around from a negative hate-fest to what it's about - giving feedback and suggestions to IMPROVE the feature.

And.... GO!

-Braddock512-

ok here is my suggestions. stop giving youtubers power. they repeated the word progression million times now we have this. i thought i was playing a battlefield game not an mmorpg. these assignments are terrible in my eyes. im a premium member and you expect me to destroy two planes with an lmg to get a weapon? thats the only weapon im looking forward to btw im not interested in others maybe except double barrel shotgun. i dont get it. i stopped playing bf1 and im not planning putting on more time into it. just make these assignments achievable thx!
    Why?
    You stopped anyway...

ima comeback for the dlc since i paid for it. isnt that too obvious?

You said you were not gonna put more time in it...it seemed obvious indeed.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FluMusiic wrote: »

Force debris to kill a teammate and then teabag your teammate. Switch teams and kill same guy and teabag as an enemy.

We should probably get some special Tbagging Perk unlocked after doing all these tbag challenges.

10000% agree. After completing those each teabag gives you 50% more health
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Teabagging is more fun than these assignments, but it is not as fun as a functional netcode.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Teabagging is more fun than these assignments, but it is not as fun as a functional netcode.

I agree
  • leatheryfrog225
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm still of the opinion that much more work is needed to be put into fundamental areas of this game rather than these specs, which is evident throughout the forum if you spend about an hour browsing it.
    But since you are diverting resources to something that could be better spent elsewhere imo, my advice would be the same as everyone else in this thread, keep it simple, keep it team work based and (obviously) keep it classed based, it's really not rocket science lol.
  • DavTan
    857 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So now it's gone from saying we would be able to just pick 3 perks and apply them from the get go, which was too easy imo... to now your suggesting these stupidly long and in some cases randomly difficult grinds.
    You really are unbelievable dice.
    If you feel you HAVE to impose these perks on us 9 months down the line... Then keep the way they are acquired simple and squad /teamwork based like bf4.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd prefer if the challenges were to actually play your class. Heal, spot, toss ammo.. Some of these seem to be just that, and that's good. However, some are pure random chance challenges.

Some of these challenges seem like a grind for the sake of grinding or luck based... Not an actual challenge of skill. That or they are spam explosives related and that's just .. ugh.

In a round repair a tank for 800 damage? That'd literally mean following a tank the entire round and hoping they don't leave you in the dust to get sniped.

Destroy 10 tanks with the HE crossbow? Why not destroy 10 vehicles as support by any means? The HE crossbow is, shall we say... Garbage?

As a medic destroy 25 vehicles with HE grenade launcher.. Again, why not just as a medic destroy 25 vehicles. Why must every medic challenge involve the grenade launcher? Please stop making challenges that make medics use grenade launchers, we already have too many medics not running with, you know, MEDS.

Too many of these challenges are going to create camping issues, or people just farming these challenges. 5 kills in one life with the an elite? We already have people sitting ont he elite boxes waiting for it to come back, now that there's a reward for doing so, more people will do it..

Rush is dead on PC, so winning any amount of rounds on that'll be fun..

I'd much rather the challenges be "Do this basic thing your class should be doing X amount of times."
    All I see when I look at most of these challenges is more people hanging back tossing explosives, or sniping at planes form the uncap..
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 2017
    How about a perk for scouts that auto spots any enemy within say a 1m radius of the scout as long as they are within a capture point?
    Take away one or both flares for this specialization to balance, maybe?
    And give it a cool down if anyone complains.

Or "Kentucky Windage" for scouts: Faster ADS time, slightly faster pistol deploy time, and any successful rifle hit within 10m 3d spots the wounded enemy.

I also just like saying Kentucky Windage.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about a perk for scouts that auto spots any enemy within say a 1m radius of the scout as long as they are within a capture point?
    Take away one or both flares for this specialization to balance, maybe?
    And give it a cool down if anyone complains.

Or "Kentucky Windage" for scouts: Faster ADS time, slightly faster pistol deploy time, and any successful rifle hit within 10m 3d spots the wounded enemy.

I also just like saying Kentucky Windage.

Auto spot spec

- 100 spots
    - 50 spot assist
    - 50 spot flare assists
    - 50 periscope assists
    - 50 squad spot assist
    - 1 kill with trench periscope

Auto spot will automatically spot a target when ads similar to the spot device attachment in bf4.

You will have to complete 5/6 challenges above to unlock it for assault/medic/support
    This spec is automactially unlocked and apply for scout and to unlock the option it unequip it you most completed 5/6 challanges.

Will be helpful for those that have issues getting spot to work, help out the abuse the spot button especially on console recieves and will bother scouts who don't spot targets
  • Iamaforkead
    483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Indigownd wrote: »
    Hello friends and Alex,

Many of you have now had the chance to test some of the Specializations that we're releasing with "In the Name of the Tsar" by participating in the Battlefield 1 Community Test Environment. The feedback has been extremely valuable to us, with suggestions for tweaks and additional Specializations. This is an area of Battlefield 1 that is likely to continue to grow. Thank you for being part of that!

Questions on how to acquire these Specializations have been asked. Much in the same way we've been asking for feedback on the Specializations, we're now asking for feedback on the process to unlock them: Service Assignments.
    With the introduction of Service Assignments, we hope to create a better on-boarding experience for new players. Battlefield 1 is a very complex game with a big breadth of content and playstyles. It can sometimes be overwhelming for new players to take it all in. Hopefully the Service Assignments will act as a guiding beacon on where to start for new players. More experienced players should also find the Service Assignments rewarding with new ways to test themselves and their skill.

Here is a list of the first batch of Service Assignments. Note this is simply the initial batch, challenges that will test your skills even further will be coming in subsequent updates.
    Please let us know what you think of them:
    Getting Started
    1 Storm the Doors
    • Challenge #1 - Perform 20 Kills with the MP18 Trench
    • Challenge #2 - Destroy 2 vehicles with Anti-Tank Grenades
    • Challenge #3 - Neutralize 5 flags in Conquest
    • Challenge #4 - As an Assault, bayonet charge 5 different enemies
    • Challenge #5 - Perform 5 kills with Dynamite
          Reward 50k Assault Kit XP

2 Selfless Courage
        • Challenge #1 Heal 20 different allies
        • Challenge #2 Revive 15 different allies
        • Challenge #3 As a Medic, perform 15 kills with Self-Loading rifles
        • Challenge #4 Perform 1 Multi-kill
        • Challenge #5 In a round, obtain the "Ribbon of Revitalization" 2 times
              Reward 45K Medic Kit XP

3 Supporting the Support
            • Challenge #1 Resupply 20 different allies
            • Challenge #2 Repair vehicles for a total of 300 damage
            • Challenge #3 Perform 10 kills with either Crossbow Launcher
            • Challenge #4 Perform 20 kills using any LMG
            • Challenge #5 As a Support, suppress 10 different enemies
                  Reward 50K Support Kit XP

4 Eye on the Prize
                • Challenge #1 As a Scout, perform 4 headshots with any Rifle
                • Challenge #2 Perform 3 Spot Assist kills using the Trench Periscope
                • Challenge #3 Kill an enemy that has just killed a teammate
                • Challenge #4 Earn the Scout Ribbon of Valor ribbon in a match
                • Challenge #5 As a Squad Leader, place 5 orders in a round
                      Reward 30K Scout Kit XP

5 Omniverous Palate
                    • Challenge #1 In a round, earn 4500 points
                    • Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with Tanks
                    • Challenge #3 Deal a total of 400 damage to vehicles
                    • Challenge #4 Successfully complete 10 Attack or Defend orders
                    • Challenge #5 Play 2 rounds of Conquest on any map
                          Reward 50k XP

Staying Focused (Complete 5 of 6 Challenges to Unlock reward)
                        5a Leading from the Front (Basic)
                        • Challenge #1 Perform 10 kills with Shotguns
                        • Challenge #2 As an Assault, destroy 5 vehicles
                        • Challenge #3 Perform 10 kills with the AT Rocket Gun
                        • Challenge #4 As Assault, perform 20 kills in a round
                        • Challenge #5 Perform 10 kills with Melee Weapons
                        • Challenge #6 Earn 1 Weekly Medal
                              Generic - Bayonet Training

5b Leading from the Front (Veteran)
                            • Challenge #1 Perform 10 Multi-Kills
                            • Challenge #2 Destroy 25 vehicles with Anti-Tank Mines
                            • Challenge #3 Perform 50 kills with Stationary Weapons
                            • Challenge #4 Score 15000 points in a round
                            • Challenge #5 Perform 30 Squad-Wipes
                            • Challenge #6 Perform 50 Capture Point Attacker kills
                                  Assault - Juggernaut

6a Dependable (Basic)
                                • Challenge #1 Perform 5 Suppression Assist kills
                                • Challenge #2 Perform 10 kills with the Mortar - Air
                                • Challenge #3 Resupply 20 squad mates
                                • Challenge #4 In a Round, repair vehicles for 800 damage
                                • Challenge #5 Destroy 10 tanks with the Crossbow Launcher - HE
                                • Challenge #6 Perform 10 Capture Point Defender kills
                                      Generic - Inconspicuous

6b Dependable (Veteran)
                                    • Challenge #1 Perform 50 kills with the Perino Model 1908 Low Weight
                                    • Challenge #2 Destroy 25 Armored Cars with Limpet Mines
                                    • Challenge #3 In a round, obtain the Ribbon of Resupply 10 times
                                    • Challenge #4 Capture 100 flags
                                    • Challenge #5 In a single life, perform 5 kills as an Elite Class
                                    • Challenge #6 Perform 50 kills whilst on horseback
                                          Support - Unbreakable

7a Healing Hands (Basic)
                                        • Challenge #1 Heal 10 different squad members
                                        • Challenge #2 Revive 10 different squad members
                                        • Challenge #3 Perform 20 Kills with the Auto-Revolver
                                        • Challenge #4 Get 30 kills with the Selbstlader M1916 Optical
                                        • Challenge #5 Perform 5 kills with the Medical Syringe
                                        • Challenge #6 Win a round of Rush on any map
                                              Generic - Hasty Retreat

7b Healing Hands (Veteran)
                                            • Challenge #1 Heal Allies for a total of 10000 health
                                            • Challenge #2 Perform 50 Squad Savior kills
                                            • Challenge #3 Destroy 25 vehicles with Rifle Grenades HE
                                            • Challenge #4 Earn a total of 100000 points
                                            • Challenge #5 Finish a round in the Top 5
                                            • Challenge #6 As a Medic, perform 50 kills with Gas Grenades
                                                  Medic - Concealed Rescue

8a Eagle Eye (Basic)
                                                • Challenge #1 Perform 10 Spot Assist kills
                                                • Challenge #2 As a Scout accumulate 200m of headshots
                                                • Challenge #3 Perform 5 Squad Spot Assist kills
                                                • Challenge #4 As a Scout, perform 15 Headshots with any rifle
                                                • Challenge #5 Achieve 3 Spot Assist kills using Flares
                                                • Challenge #6 Kill 3 enemy Elites with K Bullets
                                                      Generic - Quick Unspot

8b Eagle Eye (Veteran)
                                                    • Challenge #1 Achieve the Counter Snipe scoring bonus 50 times
                                                    • Challenge #2 Perform 10 Avenger Bonus kills
                                                    • Challenge #3 Kill 20 different enemies with Tripwire Bombs
                                                    • Challenge #4 Perform 50 kills with the Lebel Model 1886 Sniper
                                                    • Challenge #5 Win 10 games of Domination
                                                    • Challenge #6 Headshot a Pilot with any single-action Rifle
                                                          Scout - Perimeter Alarm

9 Vehicular Chaos
                                                        • Challenge #1 Perform 15 road kills
                                                        • Challenge #2 Down 25 planes using Stationary Weapons
                                                        • Challenge #3 Perform 35 kills with the Cavalry lance
                                                        • Challenge #4 Perform 45 kills whilst using any tank
                                                        • Challenge #5 Perform 50 kills whilst using any plane
                                                        • Challenge #6 Perform 50 Driver Assist kills
                                                              Assault - Controlled Demolition

10 It's Where you Stand
                                                            • Challenge #1 Destroy 10 Tanks on Amiens
                                                            • Challenge #2 Perform 25 Melee kills on Argonne Forest
                                                            • Challenge #3 Perform 100 Shotgun Kills on Ballroom Blitz
                                                            • Challenge #4 Perform 5 Multi-kills on Monte Grappa
                                                            • Challenge #5 Perform 50 Headshots on Nivelle Nights
                                                            • Challenge #6 Kill 25 enemies with debris
                                                                  Medic - Stimulant Syringe

11 Modal Yodel
                                                                • Challenge #1 Destroy 50 Telegraphs
                                                                • Challenge #2 Perform 50 kills from Behemoths
                                                                • Challenge #3 Complete 25 rounds of Supply Drop
                                                                • Challenge #4 Complete 15 rounds of Frontlines
                                                                • Challenge #5 Win 10 rounds of Team Deathmatch
                                                                • Challenge #6 Complete 25 rounds of War Pigeons
                                                                      Scout - Scapegoat

12 It's in the Game
                                                                    • Challenge #1 Take 10 dogtags from enemies
                                                                    • Challenge #2 Perform 100 kills with Elite Kits
                                                                    • Challenge #3 Bayonet Charge 50 enemies
                                                                    • Challenge #4 Perform 40 kills with Explosives
                                                                    • Challenge #5 Obtain 5 kills with the Sawtooth Knife
                                                                    • Challenge #6 In a round, earn 10000 points
                                                                          Support - Pin Down

Please provide constructive feedback, thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks friends. And Alex.

Jojje "Indigow(n)d" Dalunde

fix the unfair spawning system, which penalises
                                                                        players with pings greater than 30 ms.

That is my feedback.
                                                                      • xBigOrangeHeadx
                                                                        395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
                                                                        More grinding busy work. No thanks Dice.