RSC 1917 optical

ITzRage999
125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Anytips?

Can't seem to get it to work in my favour.

Comments

• boutneus
    1689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tip: stay as far away from the action as possible , pick people off. Not touching that POS again after my service star 4 it
  • ITzRage999
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeh I think I'm just gonna drop the gun, it's nice to know it's not just me being bad at the game for once.

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    1063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Factory version is faaaar better, at least in my experience. The iron sights on it are actually pretty decent, whereas the Optical variant has some really weird recoil.
  • Aeshettr
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 12
    Try the factory variant before you give up entirely on the weapon. The two-shot kill is a nasty surprise to many who see you and think you need at least 3 to kill.

Edit: fun note - its TTK is lower than 1907 at all ranges.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    1063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Aeshettr wrote: »
    Try the factory variant before you give up entirely on the weapon. The two-shot kill is a nasty surprise to many who see you and think you need at least 3 to kill.

On top of that, you should try the Factory variant on Hardcore. You won't regret it.
  • Fhurstinator
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RSC Factory is one of my favourite weapons. Its almost OP but sshhh!
  • Dogwoggle11
    1664 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's a very good weapon. But is one of those that needs practicing and, even more important, good positioning.
  • MarxistDictator
    3262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The optical is pointless. It's only advantage is that it will be more accurate for shots 1 and 2. But considering the RSC is nigh useless outside the range it does max damage that is literally a waste.

Who would pass up follow up shot pacing for that.
  • DaMutha1
    743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I absolutely love the Optical. I use it on pretty much every map and in every situation. To each his own.
  • Loqtrall
    8587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I adore the optical version and do amazing with it. No idea why people are saying it's hard to control. I destroy people with the Mondragon, a 2 shot SLR is just too good, even if it only has 6 rounds. That's 3 kills per reload with zero headshots needed.

I play more aggressively with the RSC than pretty much any other semi-auto or single-action weapon. You just have to be accurate and know when and where to engage people, and learn to accept the fact that if you run into someone using a hellriegel in extreme CQB, you're going to lose at least the majority of the time (unless that person is just terribly, terribly bad)
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dump it because it's pointless. Within the range that the 1917 is worth using (42m or whatever the 2 shot range is), the Factory is always superior.
  • kaliyl777
    1950 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I stick with the factory version.
  • ashar_saleem121
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I enjoy the factory better. But sometimes if you know that you're going to be in a position where you need to pick people off and you have time to pace your shots then the optical sights work pretty good. Just watch out for the recoil like everyone said
  • Aeshettr
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    You just have to be accurate and know when and where to engage people, and learn to accept the fact that if you run into someone using a hellriegel in extreme CQB, you're going to lose at least the majority of the time (unless that person is just terribly, terribly bad)

Pro tip: a shot and a swing with an axe is faster than two shots.
    I've even beaten Automatico users if I got the first shot off.
  • Loqtrall
    8587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 12
    Aeshettr wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    You just have to be accurate and know when and where to engage people, and learn to accept the fact that if you run into someone using a hellriegel in extreme CQB, you're going to lose at least the majority of the time (unless that person is just terribly, terribly bad)

Pro tip: a shot and a swing with an axe is faster than two shots.
    I've even beaten Automatico users if I got the first shot off.

I've beaten Assaults using a myriad of weapons, whether SMGs or Shotguns, in CQB with the RSC by actually shooting them two times. It's entirely situational. But in some CQB scenarios where you're not literally directly on top of your enemy, swinging your melee weapon isn't an option - and if you're inaccurate, the RSC is going to be incredibly unforgiving in those situations. Like I said - you just have to be accurate with your shots and know when and where to engage people.

If you're running around like Rambo, you may have a bad time. But if you're careful and don't rush into CQB trying to take Assault players head-on - I think people would have a wonderful time with the RSC.

It's, imo, the absolute best "SURPRISE!!!" weapon in the game - meaning when you carefully tread onto an enemy-contested objective and turn around the corner and are 15~m away from a guy looking right at you, the ability to 2-shot them comes out of nowhere and they barely have time to react (the automatico is fairly good in that regard as well, at least in CQB).

If you can land all your shots on center mass - it's an absolute slayer of a weapon and should only be ignored by those who can't aim. I've seen people that complain 6 rounds is TOO unforgiving, but it's really not. If you compare it to the bullets required to kill for guns with higher ammo counts that require 3 shots to kill, like the Mondragon - the potential kills per fully loaded weapon are equal, again, if you can land all your shots.
  • Zooboid
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Switch to factory and never touch the optical again. The visual recoil on the optical sucks and you need to really take your time with the follow up shot. As if the factory variant didn't require enough pacing your shots.

Words literally taken from my mouth.
  • l_water_l
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OMG if they added a marksman version of the RSC I would be SO happy!
  • JohnMatrix666
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    OMG if they added a marksman version of the RSC I would be SO happy!

yNlQWRM.jpg

The RSC is strongest at ranges that don't require a scope anyway.
  • DaMutha1
    743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wish they would remove all marksman and sniper variants because I suck at them and it's pretty much all I have left for primary service stars to get