The Defend the Frontlines Mission rewards will be deployed on August 21st. Thanks for your patience.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Suppression is broken.

Dovahki1n
205 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Just lost a gun fight to a Support while I was using the Hellriegel, simply because of suppression. It makes the bullets spread when it shouldn't. It simply shouldn't. The gun is a chunk of metal and wood, it does not have feelings, it does not care whether it gets hurt, it does not get PTSD, it should not spread the bullets around. The character you are playing as should be the one being suppressed, not the gun. Remove the high bullet spread when suppressed but make it so the soldier shakes rather than the gun being the problem.

Comments

• SirSpectacle
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can a mod change the thread title to "Suppression is working" ?
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 12
    Haha mad hellrieglol scrub

Yeah I lost a gunfight to a medic train yesterday because they kept healing each other's missing brain matter headshot wounds with a ****' syringe.

It's a game. If you don't want to lose to LMGs, disengage and get within range of your spray and pray garbage tier scrub gun. Or is that too hard?
  • IllIllIII
    2555 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dovahki1n wrote: »
    Just lost a gun fight to a Support while I was using the Hellriegel

Good.

On a more serious note, the suppression mechanic in this game only has any impact on your accuracy when you are at medium or longer distances. It doesn't have any reall effect (besides blur) in close range. If you lost to the Support at close range, that's entirely your fault. If you lost to the Support at medium range, its still your fault, but this time, its due to you engaging an enemy outside your effective range rather than extremely poor accuracy.

If you fight a Support up close with a Hellriegel, you should kill him with ease.

Where in his post did he mention the fight was up close??
    He does have a point tho, lmg has way better suppression then any other gun which is strange.
  • Mike_V1987
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 12
    do any other fps games reward players for missing? genuine question.

Never been a fan of suppression in this series tbh.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mike_V1987 wrote: »
    do any other fps games reward players for missing? genuine question.

Never been a fan of suppression in this series tbh.

Lots of mil-sim style games have some sort of suppression mechanic, though they don't always mess with your accuracy when you're suppressed. I know that Insurgency has it, but I think that SQUAD and Arma might have some suppression mechanics as well. In those games, you stand almost no chance of fighting back if you're getting fired upon; ypu have to find cover immediately.
  • l_water_l
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You mean the least used class by a very large margin has a mechanic to help it keep up? I'm shocked.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/weapons
  • Ram1c
    3005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »

Good.

On a more serious note, the suppression mechanic in this game only has any impact on your accuracy when you are at medium or longer distances. It doesn't have any reall effect (besides blur) in close range. If you lost to the Support at close range, that's entirely your fault. If you lost to the Support at medium range, its still your fault, but this time, its due to you engaging an enemy outside your effective range rather than extremely poor accuracy.

If you fight a Support up close with a Hellriegel, you should kill him with ease.

He does have a point tho, lmg has way better suppression then any other gun which is strange.

How is that strange?

Light machine guns were literally made for suppression, you fire an immense amount of bullets with inaccuracy. What else do you want from the gun?
  • tostirooster
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I thought the OP was referring to the fact that suppression seems to be malfunctioning half the time. Really annoying in firefights over a distance.

Also, you can apparently cheese around the suppresion effect on console. If you auto-aim/snap-aim your enemy (which almost everyone does) the suppression doesn't activate for a split second and your shot will land perfectly on target. This is something that is actually broken, try it for yourself if you don't believe me (warning: you have to be a console scrub). Do not confuse this with the fact that I don't agree with the idea of suppression effect in this game, the random bullet deviation is ridiculous IMO. Should've been harder to control recoil, random weapon sway or something like that. But Dice settled for this and it is not working properly, so I thought I'd share it.
  • IllIllIII
    2555 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ram1c wrote: »

Good.

How is that strange?

Light machine guns were literally made for suppression, you fire an immense amount of bullets with inaccuracy. What else do you want from the gun?
    A bullet is a bullet...
    And the lmg is more accurate then a smg.

Anyway i care less, i just find it a weird mechanic, but i can live with it since the support class can use some love.
  • Ram1c
    3005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ram1c wrote: »

Good.

How is that strange?

A bullet is a bullet...
    And the lmg is more accurate then a smg.

Anyway i care less, i just find it a weird mechanic, but i can live with it since the support class can use some love.

There is a big difference between rifle rounds and pistol sized cartridges that submachine guns use. Also lmgs are most accurate from the start of their firing cycle so by the time your shot spread tightens up your more likely to be suppressed causing you to miss more shots. The hellriegel in particular is pretty damn accurate especially when you burst fire it.
  • V2Face
    1470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wah LMG beat my Hellriegel wah I suck.
  • MarxistDictator
    2426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well yeah it's to cover up the LMG doing poor damage over a low rate of fire. Unfortunately low ranked players seem to have a no suppression perk on me where they will land headshots while strafing constantly flinching taking damage and max suppressed.
  • Dovahki1n
    The reason why I'm saying it's broken is because it IS, the LMG's are fine so why do they get so much suppressive capability? At the distance I was at I would have beaten anything, other than an LMG, because I am rather good, the Hellriegel didn't make me good, it just helped. In fact, I went 79-28 or around that with the Ribeyrolles and M1911. The Hellriegel is not OP, the player using it is just good.

If you have to be level 10 for Assault to unlock it, then how can it possibly be a noob weapon? You guys need to get over the fact that it is just a good gun that does it's job well. Bruh, I can go on a tear with the MP18 but does that make it OP? No. Quit whining and Git Gud.
  • Dovahki1n
    As my saying goes "He who complains about the Hellriegel, clearly does not know how to counter it". DICE won't nerf it again, so best to just man up and deal with it.
  • MarxistDictator
    2426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah and LMGs are beyond fine, and so is suppression. I have a hard time believing you're good if you can't win because of supports, they're the ones dealing with a disadvantage in every gunfight. Suppression is their advantage.

Hellriegel is also for talentless hacks, regardless of what period of this game we're talking about so yeah get good.
  • GiovannY-398
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Didn't automatically win a gun fight with Scrub Cannon Deluxe, game is broken. Pls fix, Dice.

I wonder if Hellriegel users are going to complain about the Parabellum MG14 when it's released.

The Support class wil finally get the LMG that it deserves. I only hope that it won't get nerfed instantly because of its RPM
  • MarxistDictator
    It probably will because it's on the support class, look at BF4.

They basically just midly dialed some of back the extensive LMG destroying nerfs got in BF3 and everybody whined they were 100 round ARs until they were nerfed again.
  • Dovahki1n
    Yeah and LMGs are beyond fine, and so is suppression. I have a hard time believing you're good if you can't win because of supports, they're the ones dealing with a disadvantage in every gunfight. Suppression is their advantage.

Hellriegel is also for talentless hacks, regardless of what period of this game we're talking about so yeah get good.

Pfft, disadvantage. Their guns have the highest magazine capacity out of all of them, they suppress quicker, they get more accurate the longer you fire, they deal good damage, they can resupply their ammo instantly. Go on, name something bad about the Support kit.

If you think it's a bad class, you need to open your eyes and play it better. If it's bad, explain why I can get to the top of the leaderboard most games when using either the BAR Storm or MG15 Low Weight? I've engaged so many Hellriegel's I've lost count and you know how many I've beaten? Well, I'd say 90% of them. Git gud.