In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Hit Detection

Comments

  • rock1obsta
    3242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How are you guys getting East & West NA servers? All I see in the browser is NA in general, no distinction between coasts. I'd prefer East coast, cuz I'm closer. How do I find the option to decide? I play on Xbone.
  • Ram1c
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    How are you guys getting East & West NA servers? All I see in the browser is NA in general, no distinction between coasts. I'd prefer East coast, cuz I'm closer. How do I find the option to decide? I play on Xbone.

    It says it in the title name and I always sort the browser out by ping.
  • VBALL_MVP
    3908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    How are you guys getting East & West NA servers? All I see in the browser is NA in general, no distinction between coasts. I'd prefer East coast, cuz I'm closer. How do I find the option to decide? I play on Xbone.

    It's says in the region the server US East or US West.
    diagoro wrote: »
    kniphtee wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    @Ram1c were you able to get in CTE? I haven't played yet, but I'm interested to see how changes to both aim assist and mischkag's recent work on damage and suppression stacking etc. will affect those inconsistencies. I hear you, though.

    Yeah I am on Xbox, I was playing it a bit yesterday to try out that network smoothing setting. I felt like all it did was add more lag comp to the game because the moment I'd turn it on I'd get the latency variation icons.

    As for the other things you mentioned I haven't really noticed much so far. I'm really annoyed with the game right now and I think I might take a break for a week or two, it's really sad how the game plays right now compared to the near perfection it was after the spring patch.

    Yeah, I easily get burned out on games. Breaks are always good.

    It's crazy though because this bf game is holding my attention as much as bc2 and bf3 was. The gameplay is amazing and it always makes me want to keep playing, but the bs that I've been getting lately is really depressing. Such a great game and yet dice just can't get it together to deal with their glitches and network problems. I guess this is going to turn out like bf4 and take years to patch up.

    It's more that DICE will not (or have not) create official protected options for low ping.

    Those with good connections are still subject to unfair nonsense from poor connections, it's getting better sure, but getting killed by bullets that are over 100ms late, never "feels" right.


    Amen.
    If i'm playing a round and things are great I keep on keeping on, however if the game is off and getting one banged or dying around corners multiple times or bullets just not registering - I check the scoreboard for extreme pings and if there's a pile of players with 150+ on either or both sides I just leave to find another game.
    Yesterday, I jumped on to check the 'state of the game' - three of those rounds were peaches and cream and 4 were a hot mess of bad frames, hit reg - questionable, stuttering and freezing with some players pings over 650 consistently.
    To say these players do not alter the state of the game isn't fair to them or to the players with low pings.
    I hate to say it but it's best for the game experience of all for players for players to play in regions closest to your area. When I play EU servers my ping gets around a 100 and so I don't play there and if I go US West my ping is around 100 so I work to keep it US East for my and the other gamers experience.

    I'm happy to play in region. Too bad, in my case, I only get one US-West server come up in the browser for 20 US-East.

    I get tons of West on mine. Change your search and remove filter for server slots...
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Quickmatch works very well for me (unlike previous BF titles).
    It always puts me in US East servers (my region), except for one day when it inexplicably put me in South American servers twice - but that was the only time that ever happened.
  • kniphtee
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    denjoga wrote: »
    Quickmatch works very well for me (unlike previous BF titles).
    It always puts me in US East servers (my region), except for one day when it inexplicably put me in South American servers twice - but that was the only time that ever happened.

    Had that the other day on xbone - hey I don't speak Portuguese...did it happen on Operations?
  • diagoro
    946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    How are you guys getting East & West NA servers? All I see in the browser is NA in general, no distinction between coasts. I'd prefer East coast, cuz I'm closer. How do I find the option to decide? I play on Xbone.

    It's says in the region the server US East or US West.
    diagoro wrote: »
    kniphtee wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    @Ram1c were you able to get in CTE? I haven't played yet, but I'm interested to see how changes to both aim assist and mischkag's recent work on damage and suppression stacking etc. will affect those inconsistencies. I hear you, though.

    Yeah I am on Xbox, I was playing it a bit yesterday to try out that network smoothing setting. I felt like all it did was add more lag comp to the game because the moment I'd turn it on I'd get the latency variation icons.

    As for the other things you mentioned I haven't really noticed much so far. I'm really annoyed with the game right now and I think I might take a break for a week or two, it's really sad how the game plays right now compared to the near perfection it was after the spring patch.

    Yeah, I easily get burned out on games. Breaks are always good.

    It's crazy though because this bf game is holding my attention as much as bc2 and bf3 was. The gameplay is amazing and it always makes me want to keep playing, but the bs that I've been getting lately is really depressing. Such a great game and yet dice just can't get it together to deal with their glitches and network problems. I guess this is going to turn out like bf4 and take years to patch up.

    It's more that DICE will not (or have not) create official protected options for low ping.

    Those with good connections are still subject to unfair nonsense from poor connections, it's getting better sure, but getting killed by bullets that are over 100ms late, never "feels" right.


    Amen.
    If i'm playing a round and things are great I keep on keeping on, however if the game is off and getting one banged or dying around corners multiple times or bullets just not registering - I check the scoreboard for extreme pings and if there's a pile of players with 150+ on either or both sides I just leave to find another game.
    Yesterday, I jumped on to check the 'state of the game' - three of those rounds were peaches and cream and 4 were a hot mess of bad frames, hit reg - questionable, stuttering and freezing with some players pings over 650 consistently.
    To say these players do not alter the state of the game isn't fair to them or to the players with low pings.
    I hate to say it but it's best for the game experience of all for players for players to play in regions closest to your area. When I play EU servers my ping gets around a 100 and so I don't play there and if I go US West my ping is around 100 so I work to keep it US East for my and the other gamers experience.

    I'm happy to play in region. Too bad, in my case, I only get one US-West server come up in the browser for 20 US-East.

    I get tons of West on mine. Change your search and remove filter for server slots...

    I would say, over the extensive time period, open slots shouldn't matter. There's clearly fewer 'West' servers. I sort by ping, it can take up to twenty refreshes before I get something other than the night map.
  • rock1obsta
    3242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    How are you guys getting East & West NA servers? All I see in the browser is NA in general, no distinction between coasts. I'd prefer East coast, cuz I'm closer. How do I find the option to decide? I play on Xbone.

    It says it in the title name and I always sort the browser out by ping.

    Aight thanks B)
  • Godhates1234
    298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited August 12
    Today the hit detection is very bad. When do you fix this Dice and all the other issues? And on CTE its worse with the hit detection. Its a bad horror story.
  • Mearen1911
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Today the hit detection is very bad. When do you fix this Dice and all the other issues? And on CTE its worse with the hit detection. Its a bad horror story.

    They won't fix most of the netcode problems because the devs refuse to admit to the problems. One actually said something that happens every single day, is impossible to have happen. They need new devs and I don't expect a better game experience until they admit that.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm trying not to be negative but the game has been a chore to play lately. The cte is a chunky mess. Can't post videos of the horrid gameplay because it isn't allowed in the cte.
    Played some Frontlines yesterday and ran up to a tank to give it a special limpet mine, when I threw it my character went through the throwing animation from right next to the tank yet I didn't see the limpet in the air. Anyway the main gun was pointing away from me yet I heard it fire and I was dead instantly. The guys ping was 345. Does it have anything to do with poor gameplay? I don'y really know but more and more most times shoddy gameplay equals lots of high ping but not always.
  • VBALL_MVP
    3908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm trying not to be negative but the game has been a chore to play lately. The cte is a chunky mess. Can't post videos of the horrid gameplay because it isn't allowed in the cte.
    Played some Frontlines yesterday and ran up to a tank to give it a special limpet mine, when I threw it my character went through the throwing animation from right next to the tank yet I didn't see the limpet in the air. Anyway the main gun was pointing away from me yet I heard it fire and I was dead instantly. The guys ping was 345. Does it have anything to do with poor gameplay? I don'y really know but more and more most times shoddy gameplay equals lots of high ping but not always.

    You can't compare CTE gameplay to the real game. It's a test environment...its gonna be a mess at times as they try stuff in it.
  • denjoga
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 12
    Just made a long post in another thread about my experience playing in a Japanese server with ~170ms ping last night...

    The tl;dr version:
    It was glorious! lol

    Seriously - if you have low ping in your region (mine's typically 15-30ms) and you're unhappy with the game's performance - go OOR, stay below the server-side-hit-detection threshold and see how it feels.
    I loved it and will be doing it much more often.

    edit: No seriously - try it... If you like it, ain't no one going to tell you you're doing anything wrong.
  • VBALL_MVP
    3908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 12
    denjoga wrote: »
    Just made a long post in another thread about my experience playing in a Japanese server with ~170ms ping last night...

    The tl;dr version:
    It was glorious! lol

    Seriously - if you have low ping in your region (mine's typically 15-30ms) and you're unhappy with the game's performance - go OOR, stay below the server-side-hit-detection threshold and see how it feels.
    I loved it and will be doing it much more often.

    edit: No seriously - try it... If you like it, ain't no one going to tell you you're doing anything wrong.

    So i shouldn't answer to you bait, but whatever...you like it have fun.

    You should post your battle reports for evidence.

    Especially since BattleTracker says last night your overall stats from 7 games was .73 KD and KPM was .53.
  • digga11
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    denjoga wrote: »
    Just made a long post in another thread about my experience playing in a Japanese server with ~170ms ping last night...

    The tl;dr version:
    It was glorious! lol

    Seriously - if you have low ping in your region (mine's typically 15-30ms) and you're unhappy with the game's performance - go OOR, stay below the server-side-hit-detection threshold and see how it feels.
    I loved it and will be doing it much more often.

    edit: No seriously - try it... If you like it, ain't no one going to tell you you're doing anything wrong.

    So i shouldn't answer to you bait, but whatever...you like it have fun.

    You should post your battle reports for evidence.

    Especially since BattleTracker says last night your overall stats from 7 games was .73 KD and KPM was .53.

    Are you stat bashing??
  • Mearen1911
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I'm trying not to be negative but the game has been a chore to play lately. The cte is a chunky mess. Can't post videos of the horrid gameplay because it isn't allowed in the cte.
    Played some Frontlines yesterday and ran up to a tank to give it a special limpet mine, when I threw it my character went through the throwing animation from right next to the tank yet I didn't see the limpet in the air. Anyway the main gun was pointing away from me yet I heard it fire and I was dead instantly. The guys ping was 345. Does it have anything to do with poor gameplay? I don'y really know but more and more most times shoddy gameplay equals lots of high ping but not always.

    You can't compare CTE gameplay to the real game. It's a test environment...its gonna be a mess at times as they try stuff in it.

    Of course you can. CTE is not alpha play. You don't even know the difference apparently.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I'm trying not to be negative but the game has been a chore to play lately. The cte is a chunky mess. Can't post videos of the horrid gameplay because it isn't allowed in the cte.
    Played some Frontlines yesterday and ran up to a tank to give it a special limpet mine, when I threw it my character went through the throwing animation from right next to the tank yet I didn't see the limpet in the air. Anyway the main gun was pointing away from me yet I heard it fire and I was dead instantly. The guys ping was 345. Does it have anything to do with poor gameplay? I don'y really know but more and more most times shoddy gameplay equals lots of high ping but not always.

    You can't compare CTE gameplay to the real game. It's a test environment...its gonna be a mess at times as they try stuff in it.

    Yeah I get that the cte is different so I don't get upset with all the high ping and connections. But the little tank experience was a normal server. Its all good though. It is what it is : :smile:
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    denjoga wrote: »
    Just made a long post in another thread about my experience playing in a Japanese server with ~170ms ping last night...

    The tl;dr version:
    It was glorious! lol

    Seriously - if you have low ping in your region (mine's typically 15-30ms) and you're unhappy with the game's performance - go OOR, stay below the server-side-hit-detection threshold and see how it feels.
    I loved it and will be doing it much more often.

    edit: No seriously - try it... If you like it, ain't no one going to tell you you're doing anything wrong.

    So i shouldn't answer to you bait, but whatever...you like it have fun.

    You should post your battle reports for evidence.

    Especially since BattleTracker says last night your overall stats from 7 games was .73 KD and KPM was .53.

    Are you stat bashing??

    He is a honnest Truth warrior sniffing his prey. And bashing liers in the path. Respect.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CTE servers are running extra data analysis software. They under perform because of that.
  • mmarkweII
    2847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CTE servers are running extra data analysis software. They under perform because of that.

    Thanks for the info! I haven't had too many issues in CTE myself as some have reported. Did have a killed behind cover moment, but can't capture video on the ps4.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!